Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Just picked up the Just Flight Arrow III for XP11

I picked up the Just Flight PA28R Arrow III for XP11 tonight and just wanted to share with you guys how utterly stunning it is.   For me, this is far and away the best GA aircraft released for XP11 to date.  Visuals, FDE is just magical.   It just has that X-Factor (not that X-Factor..... the good X-Factor!!) :biggrin:

Check out my pics and extremely mini review :-

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I am going to give this plane a 8 out of 10 ! It feels pretty solid, I think the flight dynamics need a bit of tweaking. But that might be a xplane issue. Austin is still tweaking the flight dynamic. This the first plane in Xplane where I had to use my rudder pedals on departure to counteract the spiraling slip stream ! The negative on that is I have to use a bit of left aileron, the plane seems to want to roll to right when using the rudder to counter act the left turning tendency. Not sure if thats realistic or not. Plane feels heavy when landing, it needs plenty of power and back pressure on the yolk to make a smooth landing !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

3 hours ago, strider1 said:

I am going to give this plane a 8 out of 10 ! It feels pretty solid, I think the flight dynamics need a bit of tweaking. But that might be a xplane issue. Austin is still tweaking the flight dynamic. This the first plane in Xplane where I had to use my rudder pedals on departure to counteract the spiraling slip stream ! The negative on that is I have to use a bit of left aileron, the plane seems to want to roll to right when using the rudder to counter act the left turning tendency. Not sure if thats realistic or not. Plane feels heavy when landing, it needs plenty of power and back pressure on the yolk to make a smooth landing !

The right rolling tendency is a bug in the current betas, reported and assigned a code:

I received this from Jennifer after reporting it:

You can watch for the status of this bug with ref # XPD-8408

It will be listed in release notes if / when it is fixed.

I started with a direct report and problem description to Austin as soon as I installed b2, then b3 and haven't tested b4 because, as usual... I uninstalled XP :-) and am now enjoying a 1 month P3Dv41 license and that gorgeous FSLabs A320 for P3Dv4 !  No right rolling tendencies, correct daylight and Moon, and a sophisticated airliner :-)... Feel of flight ? Nah... but for that I have IL-2 ( sorry for the extent out-of-topic... )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

15 hours ago, jcomm said:

The right rolling tendency is a bug in the current betas, reported and assigned a code:

I received this from Jennifer after reporting it:

You can watch for the status of this bug with ref # XPD-8408

It will be listed in release notes if / when it is fixed.

I started with a direct report and problem description to Austin as soon as I installed b2, then b3 and haven't tested b4 because, as usual... I uninstalled XP :-) and am now enjoying a 1 month P3Dv41 license and that gorgeous FSLabs A320 for P3Dv4 !  No right rolling tendencies, correct daylight and Moon, and a sophisticated airliner :-)... Feel of flight ? Nah... but for that I have IL-2 ( sorry for the extent out-of-topic... )

Yes I am familiar with that roll to the right bug in the 172 ! Did Austin ever email you back ? The roll to the right that I am referring to is when applying right rudder to counter act the yawing nose of the airplane to the left ! This happens in slow, full power, high nose attitudes. This is a first for a Xplane ADD-ON aircraft ! Ive never flow a real arrow in real life so I am not sure if you need to add a little bit of left aileron when using the rudder pedal to counter act the left turning tendencies.    

Eric Escobar

13 hours ago, strider1 said:

Yes I am familiar with that roll to the right bug in the 172 ! Did Austin ever email you back ? The roll to the right that I am referring to is when applying right rudder to counter act the yawing nose of the airplane to the left ! This happens in slow, full power, high nose attitudes. This is a first for a Xplane ADD-ON aircraft ! Ive never flow a real arrow in real life so I am not sure if you need to add a little bit of left aileron when using the rudder pedal to counter act the left turning tendencies.    

Nope,

Austin asked me if it was happening with only one of the 3 Cessna presently included in XP11.10, and I told him that it actually happened to any CW rotating prop aircraft I tested.

Didn't test with CCW rotating props, but I guess that probably the rolling tendency will become left ( ? )

He didn't answer, but I opened a ticket and was replied by Jennifer with the above tracking code.

There are also problems with the new "downwash" modelling, ground effect, ... So I guess he must be really busy with internal testing and updates...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

@strider1 - Hi, I get the roll to the right in the Arrow II too - but I get it in all planes now, with the XP11.10b.  So for me, I just saw it as part of that ongoing bug that Laminar are working hard to resolve.   It does need a lot of back pressure on the yoke on landing but again, I find this with all GA aircraft in XP11.   I find I have to fly them a little like a Dash 8 Q400 ...... leave the power in there until the mains are down! :biggrin:   Power off at even 10' always tends to lead to a "slam dunk".  :)

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, JYW said:

@strider1 - Hi, I get the roll to the right in the Arrow II too - but I get it in all planes now, with the XP11.10b.  So for me, I just saw it as part of that ongoing bug that Laminar are working hard to resolve.   It does need a lot of back pressure on the yoke on landing but again, I find this with all GA aircraft in XP11.   I find I have to fly them a little like a Dash 8 Q400 ...... leave the power in there until the mains are down! :biggrin:   Power off at even 10' always tends to lead to a "slam dunk".  :)

The real Arrow a bit nose heavy. So they defiantly  kind try to capture that. However, at some point during the landing my nose just dropped down even thought I yoke pulled all way back. It's  abit extreme to my taste :)

Here  my old video of some airwork and power off 180. Sorry quality is bad, it was shot prior GoPro HD video era :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rn4MEI5tCI

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

12 hours ago, jcomm said:

Nope,

Austin asked me if it was happening with only one of the 3 Cessna presently included in XP11.10, and I told him that it actually happened to any CW rotating prop aircraft I tested.

Didn't test with CCW rotating props, but I guess that probably the rolling tendency will become left ( ? )

He didn't answer, but I opened a ticket and was replied by Jennifer with the above tracking code.

There are also problems with the new "downwash" modelling, ground effect, ... So I guess he must be really busy with internal testing and updates...

Not sure, I don't think I have CCW rotating prop in my stable. Hopefully Austin figures it out !

Eric Escobar

9 hours ago, JYW said:

I am talking about the slight roll to right when stepping on the rudder to counteract the yaw to the left. It might or might not be realistic, need to test in real life next time I go flying. Anyhow It's no big deal, I just add a bit of left aileron. I know the flight dynamics need some tuning, since the 172 is rolling to the right instead of the left . So we shall see when the dust settles !

I have a few hundred hours of PIC time in a 172, and the default 172 feels spot on to me when landing ! 

• Upvote 1

Eric Escobar

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, sd_flyer said:

However, at some point during the landing my nose just dropped down even thought I yoke pulled all way back. It's  abit extreme to my taste

I think this is due to the ground effect bug? Maybe I have this all wrong but isn't there a lack of ground effect at the moment? I think it may have just been addressed in beta 5 but haven't tested yet. I definitely felt I couldn't hold them off as I can in real life.

Chris

Hi all,

Turbo Arrow III/IV for X-Plane 11

The PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV for X-Plane 11 is now available to purchase on our website. The other stores have been sent the product information so should have it on sale shortly.

A bundle containing both the PA-28R Arrow III and PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV for X-Plane 11 is also available, and existing owners of the Arrow III for X-Plane 11 will receive an email containing a discount offer for the Turbo Arrow III/IV.

Arrow III for X-Plane 11

The PA-28R Arrow III has been updated for X-Plane v11.10 - http://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-arrow-iii-xp/0ecf726

The update is already available on our website and should be available on the other stores shortly.

Changes/fixes:

• Improved prop disc visualization effects
  • Brightened landing spill light
  • Hiding pilot when static elements are enabled
  • Tweaked internal lit texture (text)
  • Improved electrical system
  • Fixed “Avionics Off” item in checklist
  • Added “Ground Roll” mixer to co-pilot volume knob.
  • Fixed flap deflection time
  • Revised gyro sound
  • Fixed halo artefacts
  • Adjusted idle ratio
  • Fixed NAV1/2 flip switch to be entered when in GPS mode.
  • Made starter key set to “Off” when starting from cold and dark
  • Upgraded SASL to 3.12
  • Added change log

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
Martyn - Just Flight Development Manager

• Upvote 2

Martyn - Just Flight

On 12/22/2017 at 7:09 AM, Martyn JF said:

Hi all,

Turbo Arrow III/IV for X-Plane 11

The PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV for X-Plane 11 is now available to purchase on our website. The other stores have been sent the product information so should have it on sale shortly.

A bundle containing both the PA-28R Arrow III and PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV for X-Plane 11 is also available, and existing owners of the Arrow III for X-Plane 11 will receive an email containing a discount offer for the Turbo Arrow III/IV.

Arrow III for X-Plane 11

The PA-28R Arrow III has been updated for X-Plane v11.10 - http://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-arrow-iii-xp/0ecf726

The update is already available on our website and should be available on the other stores shortly.

Changes/fixes:

• Improved prop disc visualization effects
  • Brightened landing spill light
  • Hiding pilot when static elements are enabled
  • Tweaked internal lit texture (text)
  • Improved electrical system
  • Fixed “Avionics Off” item in checklist
  • Added “Ground Roll” mixer to co-pilot volume knob.
  • Fixed flap deflection time
  • Revised gyro sound
  • Fixed halo artefacts
  • Adjusted idle ratio
  • Fixed NAV1/2 flip switch to be entered when in GPS mode.
  • Made starter key set to “Off” when starting from cold and dark
  • Upgraded SASL to 3.12
  • Added change log

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
Martyn - Just Flight Development Manager

Thanks for the update Martyn.

Is there any way to remove the squeeky skid sound from the Arrow III for XP 11? It's my only complaint.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 12/25/2017 at 6:53 PM, DJJose said:

Thanks for the update Martyn.

Is there any way to remove the squeeky skid sound from the Arrow III for XP 11? It's my only complaint.

Question: Is the Turbo Arrow III as detailed as the Arrow III? i.e. the systems modeled with the Turbo Arrow III, are they at the same level as the Arrow III? The Arrow III is sold separately, while the Turbo Arrow III/IV is a package of two aircrafts.  Not knowing the history of JF, I don't know why that is.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020