Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

25% Off Fright Sim World

CCsb90K.jpg

Oh, the weather outside might be frightful, but the savings on Flight Sim World this Halloween weekend are truly delightful.

With high detailed GA aircraft, the inclusion of Accu-Feel, Orbx FTX Global and trueSKY. There's no better time to hop on board and experience the future of flight simulation.

• Upvote 2

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

1 hour ago, DTG_Cryss said:

Oh, the weather outside might be frightful, but the savings on Flight Sim World this Halloween weekend are truly delightful.

With high detailed GA aircraft, the inclusion of Accu-Feel, Orbx FTX Global and trueSKY. There's no better time to hop on board and experience the future of flight simulation.

What about the DLCs? Not on sale?

You know what...I'm going to get it. I brought and returned it at first release but the sim has matured a lot since then. I really need VR support for how my sim is set up but I can still fly using stick and rudder over yoke. Thats a nice savings and I am happy to support more development to this platform.

24 minutes ago, Ident said:

You know what...I'm going to get it. I brought and returned it at first release but the sim has matured a lot since then. I really need VR support for how my sim is set up but I can still fly using stick and rudder over yoke. Thats a nice savings and I am happy to support more development to this platform.

:-) I just cleared XP10 and Rise of Flight from my system. No plans to replace them at this time...BUT $30 to keep FSW going seems like a good investment/bet. Dovetail has done a great job with FSX-SE and their publication of an SDK has convinced me of their capabilities.

10 hours ago, Henry Street said:

Dovetail has done a great job with FSX-SE and their publication of an SDK has convinced me of their capabilities.

If you're talking about an SDK for FSW then it's not been published to the general public just yet although Dovetail have confirmed that is their intention. Just as a FYI so that you're not disappointed with its absence.

Give people power to really test their personality.

3 hours ago, SamYeager said:

If you're talking about an SDK for FSW then it's not been published to the general public just yet although Dovetail have confirmed that is their intention. Just as a FYI so that you're not disappointed with its absence.

Thanks for the clarification. I knew this but was simplifying for my comment. Still, thumbs up to Dovetail. They catch a load of  junk for basically doing a decent job.

Cryss, was the apparent typo "Fright" instead of "Flight" in the title intentional? If not, I can fix that for you...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Cryss, was the apparent typo "Fright" instead of "Flight" in the title intentional? If not, I can fix that for you...

I strongly suspect that's an intentional pun  given the presence of "Halloween" in the artwork. :biggrin:

Give people power to really test their personality.

8 hours ago, Henry Street said:

They catch a load of  junk for basically doing a decent job.

I think that's mainly from their cash milking train sim dlcs and the fear this is how fsw will end up.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I think that's mainly from their cash milking train sim dlcs and the fear this is how fsw will end up.

Yep yep yep...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

56 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you regard DLC (my experience with FSX-SE) but not sure which is worse:

1) DLC that will supported thru multiple updates of the core sim

or

2) The P3D model/legacy MS FSX model where every two years the whole engine changes and whole add-ons drop off the sim.

• Upvote 2