Sign in to follow this  
Seat*

CP down "Connection closed"

4 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

Look i am not an employee of FSFX but it could be that they require testers (which is currently what we are) are all on the same version of the software for troubleshooting reasons.  I do think that they could make it less onerous for these somewhat common outages.

Sure, having all on the same version in experimental beta testing with sometimes several updates per day makes sense, I absolutely agree with you. And yes, there should be some simple failover mechanism in place. Either an offline mode that postpones server authentication by a few hours or a second server with automated failover, which isnt that difficult to achieve. The latter will be the better option as allowing authentication skip would tamper protection measures.

Yep, no connection and also reinstall via VFX Central not possible!

Martin Jancke

Flight Simulation & PMDG Enthusiast

IVAO Pilot (if time permits)

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

8 minutes ago, gypsyczar said:

I'm sorry, but I have zero tolerance for copy protection outages.  I pay for productive use oi software not a copy protection scheme.  I absolutely love the CP product. but this copy protection scheme needs to be turned off immediately especially since this is "beta" software.  

Stop acting like it's the end of the world.

That happens way too often :-(

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

7 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Stop acting like it's the end of the world.

It is surely not the end of the world, there are way more important things.

But many of us have limited time to spend on the sim, lucky if you have 2 or 3 hours a day.

When I'd like to use these hours and can't, because of such an essential software, it is annoying.

• Upvote 6

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@swiesma He's not acting like it's the end of the world and I have to say I agree with him. I just spent saturday flying X-Plane GA and decided to boot up P3D for a short A320 flight. Chaseplane *refuses* to work without an internet connection and comes back with 'connection closed' so this means I can't use P3D because I rely on Chaseplane so heavily for all my views. (EZDOK is gone and isn't coming back anytime soon ;))

1. If you're going to have always-online DRM then you either have to make sure the servers are online 24/7 (hard to do unless you have multiple backup servers)

2. Have an offline fallback in case the servers aren't reachable

I know Keven is working on '2' but it's really annoying not being able to use a piece of software because the company's DRM server is down. Oh, well. Back to XPlane

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Agreed!

It is not the end of the world, but I did not pay for a faulty copy protection scheme that denies LEGAL productive use of the software that I purchased.  FSFX needs to get rid of this immediately.  How many times?

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

Ok Keven,

here is a deal:

remove that online connection immediately or implement an automatic dialing function to your mobile phone ;)

ok, all in all, I think, the devs got it now that they should please remove the permanent internet connection sooner as later. Hope to see this soon!

Otherwise it is a great product, that is, why we complain now in that way ;)

• Upvote 2

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester