fakeflyer737

Q400 FS2Crew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, you do.

Brian York decided on a money grab approach to p3d v4 by charging everybody the same again

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jjf said:

Yes, you do.

Brian York decided on a money grab approach to p3d v4 by charging everybody the same again

It requires a lot of coding to make it for a 64bit simulator, and supporting it after. That isn't free.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

It requires a lot of coding to make it for a 64bit simulator, and supporting it after. That isn't free.

Just like the PMDG 777 yeah....? That cost me $0

43 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Just like the PMDG 777 yeah....? That cost me $0

did fs2crew make you pay for a p3d version of their fsx program? you picked a bad example

I upgraded to p3d and every one of my PMDG airplane licenses doesn't work

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

did fs2crew make you pay for a p3d version of their fsx program? you picked a bad example

I upgraded to p3d and every one of my PMDG airplane licenses doesn't work

What makes you think I had the fsx version ? Don't get all uppity with me mate. I purchased the P3D version V3. Don't just assume.

47 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

What makes you think I had the fsx version ? Don't get all uppity with me mate. I purchased the P3D version V3. Don't just assume.

I agree that whether you bought it matters for you. But the general point still stands. 

Pmdg decided to let you pay for an upgrade to version 3, fs2crew does the same for v4. The principle is the same, the moment of charching is the only difference.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, groentesoep said:

I agree that whether you bought it matters for you. But the general point still stands. 

Pmdg decided to let you pay for an upgrade to version 3, fs2crew does the same for v4. The principle is the same, the moment of charching is the only difference.

+1

Come'on, people! Stop whining. PMDG charged for a P3D upgrade - FS2Crew does the same - just for a 64-bit upgrade. Can't really see the difference. It's totally fair. I can't for the life of me understand, why some people always want everything for free... :blink:

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

+1

Come'on, people! Stop whining. PMDG charged for a P3D upgrade - FS2Crew does the same - just for a 64-bit upgrade. Can't really see the difference. It's totally fair. I can't for the life of me understand, why some people always want everything for free... :blink:

its dumb to me I have 5 PMDG licenses (6 if you include the md-11) I am never going to use again. And no possibility to re-sell it to a simmer that still has fsx but is on a budget and PMDG is too expensive for them

2 hours ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

he  we  go  again,  maybe  you like  to  work  for free  but  iam sure  that  others  like  to be  paid  for  the  services   they provide  and  provide  support

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

+1

users   expect    devs  to  work  for nothing,   expect it  be  a different  story if  the roles  were  reversed

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

+1

PMDG didn't charge for V3 -> V4. You are comparing platforms rather than iterations, which is apples to oranges and very disingenuous of you. 

38 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

he  we  go  again,  maybe  you like  to  work  for free  but  iam sure  that  others  like  to be  paid  for  the  services   they provide  and  provide  support

Ignored for obvious reasons

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

PMDG didn't charge for V3 -> V4. You are comparing platforms rather than iterations, which is apples to oranges and very disingenuous of you. 

You had to pay for an upgrade from fsx to p3d. It's still paying for an upgrade. And PMDG lied about a reason for charging for P3D in the first place. This entire topic is pointless. A developer had to code for the 64bit version and felt they had to charge for it. Move on.

Just now, 777200lrf said:

you had to pay for an upgrade from fsx to p3d. It's still paying for an upgrade.

Again, you are comparing platforms to platform iterations with two different developers and licenses. Not only that, PMDG has caught an immense amount of flak and ridicule for that decision in the first place, so I'm not even sure what your point is. FS2Crew is one of the very few developers who decided to want money for the V3 to V4 jump, whereas most other developers had the sense to build some goodwill with the community. Even developers who build much more complex, expensive and in-depth addons decided to let users upgrade for free. But I assume you think it's okay for other developers, like PMDG, to get called out but not for FS2Crew to get called out when they are one of the few to get greedy this upgrade round?

35 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Again, you are comparing platforms to platform iterations with two different developers and licenses. Not only that, PMDG has caught an immense amount of flak and ridicule for that decision in the first place, so I'm not even sure what your point is. FS2Crew is one of the very few developers who decided to want money for the V3 to V4 jump, whereas most other developers had the sense to build some goodwill with the community. Even developers who build much more complex, expensive and in-depth addons decided to let users upgrade for free. But I assume you think it's okay for other developers, like PMDG, to get called out but not for FS2Crew to get called out when they are one of the few to get greedy this upgrade round?

I don't really understand what your huge problem is?! FS2Crew has the right to do it. In my opinion it's totally fair to charge for a V3 -> V4 upgrade. 

Majestic charged for a V3 -> V4 upgrade as well... why don't you rant on about them, then?

But yes. I agree... this whole discussion is pointless. If you're so outraged by this, just don't purchase it!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I don't really understand what your huge problem is?! FS2Crew has the right to do it. In my opinion it's totally fair to charge for a V3 -> V4 upgrade. 

Majestic charged for a V3 -> V4 upgrade as well... why is that fair, then?

Sure, they have the right but who says people are supposed to like being fleeced? You must obviously have seen the public reaction to their upgrade fee, which hasn't been all roses. So people obviously don't agree that it's fair. I was also an owner of a V3 FS2Crew addon and have absolutely no plans of ever supporting their venture again, simply because of this decision. That also comes down to FS2Crew neither being essential to me nor an addon that I get all hot under the collar about. Just a very mild 'nice to have', which I absolutely wouldn't spend any additional money on than what I originally paid. Hence why it's a more difficult pill to swallow when people have to pay for it again. 

Who said anything about Majestic's choice being fair? Not sure where I or anyone here claimed that?

But yes. I agree... this whole discussion is pointless. If you're so outraged by this, just don't purchase it!

Doesn't that statement from both of you ring a bit hollow, when you decide to participate in the thread and instigate the very debate which you find 'pointless'. If it's so pointless, why not just stay away from it?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

You had to pay for an upgrade from fsx to p3d

No you didn't. You had to purchase the plane again. A completely new purchase.  Quit why you are ahead.

After appreciate this addon fs2crew q400 in v3 voice and after buttons version, I was a little dispite to paid full again to upgrade to v4.

It is a well done addon,...but to paid value of v3+v4. in a few months is heavy 😠 for a annexe addon.

And to pay again, I prefered to keep this "money for upgrading" and changing of cremery for Multicrew experience who offer all best aircrafts of p3d aircrafts with multi co-pilots for fsx+v3+v4... Per aircraft is a lower cost indeed, actualy the best deal of course for this kind of addon.

fs2crew is down for me.

The passage for "Family of fsx softwares" from 32bits to 64 bits was in the air when xp10 in 64bits was released few years ago. Then I don't understand why programmers don't incoded the primary codes to be compiled in 32bits with the (pre)-mind to recompiled it after in 64bits.

Was not a secret that LM make, trough the p3dv2 and v3 versions, the cleaning of basic code fsx to be able to recompile it in 64bits.

Pmdg with Carendo and some ones have plannings to do this evolution.

56 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Majestic charged for a V3 -> V4 upgrade as well... why don't you rant on about them, then?

Majestic has very fair pricing. Firstly up until P3Dv4 you didn't need to upgrade or repurchase from FSX, it was simply included in the licence without additional charge. Secondly, you do not need to repurchase for P3Dv4, you just pay the price difference.

That is very different from having to make a complete repurchase.

• Upvote 3

I see we are hammering over old ground again 

This question has been answered many time before,  Please search the Forums  

Topic locked 

• Upvote 1