Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What do you guys think of Air Hauler 2?

I have a couple Dash 8s with AI that fly across the Atlantic, EHSB to KABE, which are my two bases.They do it in about 8 hours.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Dash 8s crossing the pond? Wow, I bet you need to seek out those tailwinds!

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

This looks to be just what I've been looking for. (odd sentence there, sorry)

Are there any good resources out there to learn the ropes - or is the manual up to scratch now.?

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, ganter said:

This looks to be just what I've been looking for. (odd sentence there, sorry)

Are there any good resources out there to learn the ropes - or is the manual up to scratch now.?

Cheers.

This may get you started. The date of the video maybe a hindrence though due to many updates since, but will give you insight all the same.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I was ten minutes in when I realised that video is someone doing the AH2 type rating in the default 172. Rather poorly, I would add.

I'm looking for specific indoctrination for the business of running a cargo company within AH.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, ganter said:

I was ten minutes in when I realised that video is someone doing the AH2 type rating in the default 172. Rather poorly, I would add.

I'm looking for specific indoctrination for the business of running a cargo company within AH.

I have been using AH and AH2 for sometime. I currently have a cargo company that I have been using for several years now. Let just say I have a stable of A319 and 787. 🙂

All my planes are paid off and I am sitting on $52 million in cash. 

Here are some tips starting out....

1. Buy insurance for your aircraft. One bad landing can set you back. (AI cannot use insurance, but I still insure the plane because if you can catch the damage before it gets low enough to trigger the AI doing the automatic repair it can save your company.)

2. Select pilots that have high airman-ship. Particularly high scores in landing. 

3. Don't be afraid to lease large aircraft. Two large aircraft with good crews can make you a ton of money. 

4. Don't expand too fast. 

5. Watch the marketplace for used aircraft when you have the cash to purchase with insurance. This can save you a lot of money. Also the cost of insurance is based on the purchase price of the aircraft. Cheaper the initial price of the aircraft cheaper the insurance. 

• Like 1

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

Another way to make lots of money is with factorys. Learn how to make things in the factorys, I have aircraft engines right now going to sell for 34,000,000. I have almost a billion in cash an 30 planes paid for.

Regards ted kiser

• Like 1

Thanks Tim. That's more like it. Sounds like you've made a great success of AH!

Is this addon done yet? It seems like its a perpetual work in progress.

20 hours ago, ganter said:

Okay, first up, if you're new to it, just make a company with a basic Cessna or some such and try it for a day or so. This will educate you on the basics of how it generates cargo jobs, what is the best way to spend your time and what is a sensible place to have a base. When you've sussed those basics out, ditch that company, make a new one based on what you've learned and geared toward what your ultimate goal is. And don't forget, you are not forced to have just one AH company, you can have as many as you like, so don't be afraid to try stuff.

For example, in AH, what you can do is largely based on your character's reputation, i.e. how much you can borrow from a bank, whom you can hire, what aeroplanes you can fly and so on is linked to your company bosses' progress. So, understanding what will speed up that progress is key to getting off to a flying start. You might suppose that flying a 747 from London to New York full of cargo would be a sensible goal, since it will make a lot of money on such a flight, but unless you can fly it back with a similar load, it's going to spend seven hours in the air coming back to base with an empty cargo hold, or sitting on the ground in the hopes that a suitable job will be generated for it. Worse, your reputation is linked to how many jobs you fly, so flying that seven hours out and seven hours back means you spent 14 hours to gain a tiny bit of reputation from one job, when you could have flown 28 half hour short-range cargo trips in a Cessna 150 in the same time and gained a ton of reputation points from doing so.

Consider the geography and the facilities: There were many good reasons why my starting base was Liverpool EGGP. First up, it was cheaper to have a base there than at the much more well-endowed Manchester EGCC, but these airports are only about 35 miles distant from one another and Liverpool does have an runway suitable for medium-haul jetliners, so it was a good place to allow me to progress, but would always allow me to divert to Manchester, with its two-mile long twin runways should problems occur with my aeroplane, but without it ending up many miles from its base if I did choose to divert there.

Choose your job generation options and your aircrafty wisely and make this work in your favour: Since one can customise the size and range of the jobs Air Hauler will generate, and subsequently alter this later on when it suits you to do so, with Liverpool being on the coast and with the option to only generate very short range jobs chosen when I started my AH company, this meant AH was forced to only generate jobs in an easterly direction, since westerly jobs were largely beyond the range parameter I had set. This meant I had increased the chance of multiple jobs being in the direction I was already going being available, and return jobs more likely too because I chose the option to generate very small cargo jobs initially, but a lot of them. Thus there was every likelihood that I'd be able to fit three or four cargo jobs in my aeroplane and only make one trip to complete the four jobs, and since jobs completed is the parameter which generates reputation, that's four contributions reputation for only one flight made. Thus one of the smartest things you can do straight away in AH, is look for (and either buy or lease) an aeroplane with a large cargo capacity, then in the options, only generate very small capacity, short range cargo jobs, so you can fly loads of those jobs in one fell swoop. So don't be afraid to sell your starting aeroplane right from the off, even before you've flown it once, replacing it with something with a bigger cargo capacity.

Think outside the box: You might suppose when you start out with a small Cessna, this would be a reasonable enough choice for flying a few cargo jobs simultaneously, but think about this: What other small aeroplane costs about the same as a Cessna, but has a much greater capacity to lift loads because it only has one seat? Yup, a crop duster, or a maybe fighter bomber or close support aircraft. Air Hauler doesn't care about what the aeroplane's original purpose was, it just goes off its basic stats. A jet fighter could fly very long distance jobs in no time at all for example, or an AH-1 Douglas Skyraider could lift 14,000lbs of cargo, and even more if you carry a light fuel load for short trips. Get the idea?

Use those AI pilots, but help them out: You can hire AI pilots and assign them jobs, but depending on their stats, which you can tweak when you have more reputation points (another reason you want plenty of rep), they might take a long time to load up their cargo, but you can load it for them instantaneously and unload it instantaneously too instead of waiting for them to do it, freeing them up to do more work sooner.

By the time you've got twenty jobs under your belt doing that and observing the way things work, you'll have sussed out the way to work smarter with the way AH does things. This is the sort of stuff you need to consider with AH; get the mechanics of the simulation working with your goals.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Fantastic stuff Alan, cheers!

17 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

Is this addon done yet? It seems like its a perpetual work in progress.

It’s very good as it is. 

Not sure why it’s only “early access” still at this point......

dont be afraid to jump in. 

44 minutes ago, Jakub Compel said:

any info about this ? worth it to buy ? I saw that is EA since 2 years,  thanks.

It's still in EA, but a very good addition.  I've been using it for a couple of years.  Plenty of options available to suit.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy