Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Captain Sim 757 in beta

How come everyone one is getting upset if CaptainSim decides to to sale the beta due to delays but no one was complaining about Chase Plane or Ultimate Traffic Live when they sold there programs in Alpa and Beta. If your worried about Captain Sim not releasing a final product or your spooked by there track record from the old 757 and it’s current bugs than the answer is simple, don’t buy it. No one says you have to buy a beta. Just wait for the final product and reviews before you buy it. 

Look what we’re dealing with with the Aerosoft CRJ and the reported bugs from the 717 forums. 

• Upvote 3

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

15 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

How come everyone one is getting upset if CaptainSim decides to to sale the beta due to delays but no one was complaining about Chase Plane or Ultimate Traffic Live when they sold there programs in Alpa and Beta. If your worried about Captain Sim not releasing a final product or your spooked by there track record from the old 757 and it’s current bugs than the answer is simple, don’t buy it. No one says you have to buy a beta. Just wait for the final product and reviews before you buy it. 

Look what we’re dealing with with the Aerosoft CRJ and the reported bugs from the 717 forums. 

Theres a huge difference.  Chase plane, listens and fixes bugs regularly. Same with the 717 and the CRJ. There was a lot of bugs, but theres a big effort to fix them.  CS had a history of not listening and couldnt care less about the bugs and moving on to the next product.  There are many others that do the same or take forever to give updates from beta or whatever you want to call it like BBS.  But hey , perhaps they want to turn the page and make things better.  From what I hear the last products have improved. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

15 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Theres a huge difference.  Chase plane, listens and fixes bugs regularly. Same with the 717 and the CRJ. There was a lot of bugs, but theres a big effort to fix them.  CS had a history of not listening and couldnt care less about the bugs and moving on to the next product.  There are many others that do the same or take forever to give updates from beta or whatever you want to call it like BBS.  But hey , perhaps they want to turn the page and make things better.  From what I hear the last products have improved. 

Ok there is a difference with the 717 but it is still buggy a year later so I’m not cutting them slack because the 4 pilots displays go black almost an hour into flight or CTD happen when you go to exterior view which they confirmed but were back to the original solution, don’t buy it until it until it’s finished. This way no one can complain that it’s no finished or was taken by CS. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

30 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

The support that you get from Chaseplane is immeasurable to any other Dev in the Flight Sim World IMHO.  Keven is an absolute beast when it comes to supporting that piece of software.  I don't think he sleeps.

• Upvote 3

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

Ok there is a difference but were back to the original solution, don’t buy it until it until it’s finished. This way no one can complain that it’s no finished or was taken by CS. 

That's the exact point we're making Dan....public awareness of a company's poor track record is my goal here.  We have many new simmers who we may save some hard earned cash by encouraging them not to jump on the scary-go-round some of us jumped on in good faith with this company in previous projects.

Many here do not remember the infamous "Block" program, or this gem: https://www.captainsim.com/support/cip.html

No mention of it on product page of their "first product with three-step release is 737 Captain." 

Let's see...we have the following CS "Programs":

• Pro Line
  • Fun Line
  • CIP
  • Block Program
  • "Nostalgy Series"
  • Paid beta

See where I'm going here?  How many were aware of all of these "programs" from the past?  I think all our bother simmers need to be made aware to make an informed pre-buy decision, because as always...there are no refunds.

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

53 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Not at all given their past history John.  The facts speak for themselves and I agree it's my decision to buy or not.  And quite simply if they can't provide me with those videos or release the NDA so their independent beta testers with good standing (and a reputation to uphold themselves) can give me a real assessment if CS has, like I said earlier, they'll stay in the kiddie pool of devs to me and won't get either my respect or money.

Your last statement "you get whatever they want you to get as they set the terms, not you" would go down in PT Barnum's all-time favorite phrases if any company could get all their customers to blindly agree to that.  In fact I get nothing unless I agree to pay them, and that is my last bargaining chip...and I won't play it until they show their full hand...after all this is a business...not a poker game.

Fair enough, you’ve got a point. Time will tell whether or not they’ve turned a new leaf, and as you mentioned, I’ll be waiting for people like Chock to get their hands on it and test it.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Fair enough, you’ve got a point. Time will tell whether or not they’ve turned a new leaf, and as you mentioned, I’ll be waiting for people like Chock to get their hands on it and test it.

Agreed!  Let Chock, Dave, Froogle, Matt, or one of the many other "Personalities" out there we all watch and trust have no conflicting interests with CS...let them tell me this is the real deal, and I'll be the 1st in line with my wallet. (well....too busy to take on another new plane right now, but will jump in if they can prove they've created a plane who's beauty is more than skin deep...pardon the silly analogy)

I want people to know I want to give CS a chance to show us something good...I'm not secretly hoping they'll flop and this will be just another petty face from them.  While I'd love competition from one of our beloved other devs (we all know who), I don't think we'll see it, at least in my simming lifetime.

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

26 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Agreed!  Let Chock, Dave, Froogle, Matt, or one of the many other "Personalities" out there we all watch and trust have no conflicting interests with CS...let them tell me this is the real deal, and I'll be the 1st in line with my wallet. (well....too busy to take on another new plane right now, but will jump in if they can prove they've created a plane who's beauty is more than skin deep...pardon the silly analogy)

I want people to know I want to give CS a chance to show us something good...I'm not secretly hoping they'll flop and this will be just another petty face from them.  While I'd love competition from one of our beloved other devs (we all know who), I don't think we'll see it, at least in my simming lifetime.

His simming lifetime is coming to an end. He's gonna come up to Alaska and I'm gonna get him to fly a real plane. He'll be hooked and not want to touch any of these 1s and 0s again. 😁

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

54 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

His simming lifetime is coming to an end. He's gonna come up to Alaska and I'm gonna get him to fly a real plane. He'll be hooked and not want to touch any of these 1s and 0s again. 😁

Convince my wife to live anywhere there is snow and you may get us up there!  

And if we can get the avgas or JP as cheap as I can in flightsim....I'm already packing my bags! :biggrin:

A Merry Christmas to you and yours Brian!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

11 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Convince my wife to live anywhere there is snow and you may get us up there!  

And if we can get the avgas or JP as cheap as I can in flightsim....I'm already packing my bags! :biggrin:

A Merry Christmas to you and yours Brian!

Merry Christmas Steve!

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Whilst I agree that CS have not always had the best track record for patching and sorting stuff, I think it is as well to remember that they've done a fair bit of good stuff too over the years: They made a truly excellent C-130, made a weather radar gauge you could add to your FS aeroplanes at a time when most developers were saying it couldn't be done, and made the great fun add-on Weapon for FSX. Their 707 and 727, whilst not perfect in the engine modeling department, are both really great fun and if you can wade through some of that 'Block' malarkey, there are some other good add-on airliners in amongst that lot, including their 737, all of which usually have excellent cockpit VC graphics among their merits.

Individual products aside, it's also worth noting that unlike a lot of other developers, CS do keep your orders even from years ago available to re-download and recovering lost serial numbers is a speedy process too. This and all of the above  isn't an excuse for the poor things they've done over the years, but I just thought I'd point it out to balance the negatives a little.

None of this would be an excuse for a sloppy release of their 757 of course, but past laurels and faux pas aside, this new 757 will be the first fully new airliner release from CS in a long time, so it could fall into the good camp or the bad camp of CS history and the only thing to do really, is wait and see how that transpires. Buying betas is something many of us have done with CS over the years, i.e. I did that with their Cripple Seven, which did sort of turn out alright eventually, although it took a very long time and ended up being eclipsed by the PMDG Cripple Seven anyway. But as with any beta one buys into, it is very much caveat emptor and so anyone considering it ought to be aware of that regardless of which developer it is from.

Personally I hope their new 757 is great because if nothing else it will put a stop to the endless new threads on the PMDG forum asking them to make one. :biggrin:

• Upvote 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, Chock said:

Whilst I agree that CS have not always had the best track record for patching and sorting stuff, I think it is as well to remember that they've done a fair bit of good stuff too over the years: They made a truly excellent C-130, made a weather radar gauge you could add to your FS aeroplanes at a time when most developers were saying it couldn't be done, and made the great fun add-on Weapon for FSX. Their 707 and 727, whilst not perfect in the engine modeling department, are both really great fun and if you can wade through some of that 'Block' malarkey, there are some other good add-on airliners in amongst that lot, including their 737, all of which usually have excellent cockpit VC graphics among their merits.

Individual products aside, it's also worth noting that unlike a lot of other developers, CS do keep your orders even from years ago available to re-download and recovering lost serial numbers is a speedy process too. This and all of the above  isn't an excuse for the poor things they've done over the years, but I just thought I'd point it out to balance the negatives a little.

None of this would be an excuse for a sloppy release of their 757 of course, but past laurels and faux pas aside, this new 757 will be the first fully new airliner release from CS in a long time, so it could fall into the good camp or the bad camp of CS history and the only thing to do really, is wait and see how that transpires. Buying betas is something many of us have done with CS over the years, i.e. I did that with their Cripple Seven, which did sort of turn out alright eventually, although it took a very long time and ended up being eclipsed by the PMDG Cripple Seven anyway. But as with any beta one buys into, it is very much caveat emptor and so anyone considering it ought to be aware of that regardless of which developer it is from.

Personally I hope their new 757 is great because if nothing else it will put a stop to the endless new threads on the PMDG forum asking them to make one. :biggrin:

Well said Alan!

I know Brian will chime and give his thoughts on the C130 as he has the plane and crewed it in his stint in the Air Force (I think I recall he likes it but it needed some work)

IF all goes well and this turns out to be a 757 to compete with the likes of that 4 letter group, I just hope CS shows them the sales figures to let them know what a financial opportunity they missed out on. :laugh: (of course if they decided to make it they'd still get sales form us nuts who'd have to own both of them, but this release would certainly cut into their numbers).  Then it may be a race with her larger sister...as that is the real plane I'm waiting for.  That would all but complete my freighter fleet for P3dV4.  Throw in an MD, DC and Airbus freighter and I'd want for nothing when hauling frozen crab legs all over the world!

Merry Christmas to you and yours on the other side of the pond!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

46 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Well said Alan!

I know Brian will chime and give his thoughts on the C130 as he has the plane and crewed it in his stint in the Air Force.

The visuals are top notch as anything from CS.  Ground handling is pretty decent. Love being able to taxi in reverse.  

Cruise performance is abismal.  There is a TIT gage to add-on to fix this in the avsim library. Does a pretty good job.  Sounds are atrocious. It's a known but been around for almost a decade. Never bothered to fix it.  If you want good turboprops sounds get the TASK ones.  Top notch.  Theres other glitches that have been around system wise for nearly a decade also without them fixing. Engine start issues, generators and what not.  It's still a fun plane to fly though.  It just kills me they keep popping out aircraft and not fix the glaring problems that are near show stoppers.

beta.gif   

My Liveries