Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

C441 Conquest Mods v1

I have extensively modified the Conquest in an effort to improve the simulation.

Included in the mods:

1. Fixed the taxi speed problem

2. Updated sound file with freeware sounds

3. Correct startup and shutdown sequence (using XMLTools)

4. FDE for both -8 and -10 engines

5. Added clickspots for Autopilot and GTNs

6. Yaw Damper actually works.

If you would like to give it a try, send me a PM. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Wow maybe do you need to talk to Carenado people for a reward ...  For keeping the planes alive.. Knowing that the turboprop garrett in the FS Is very hard to make it close to the real. 

The ITT in the conquest in my opinion it's way bad done. There is not variation between low and high rpm, seems that the ITT are stuck in the limits... Like the 690B before you put your hand on it, 

Did you notice this? 

The ITT problem is not a Carenado fault.  It's inherent in FSX/P3D.  My mods change ITT only indirectly through managing fuel flow.  It's trickery somewhat, but it's all we can do without changing the simulator or building some external engine.  That would be way over my head. 

• Upvote 1

A couple of folks have reported some problems with the mods.  They were easy fixes, so please let me know if you are having problems.  Systems are different and there are some things I don't see until somebody else points it out.  Also, as my AVSIM inbox begins to fill, please PM me your emails so I can create a group and send updates. 

Regards,

Bill

A question has arisen about the start sequence.  Here is a synopsis.

1.  Throttle in the idle position (not in reverse and not forward of idle).

2.  Propeller levers in the full minimum position (full aft but not in emergency cutoff).  This is critical.  The start sequence will not operate properly if the prop levers aren't reporting very close to 0.0.  Make sure your controller is properly calibrated, preferably in FSUIPC.

3.  Mixture levers full rich (full forward).

4.  Take the engine start switch to start.  The start sequence is automatic just like in the RW airplane. 

3 hours ago, whamil77 said:

1.  Throttle in the idle position (not in reverse and not forward of idle).

2.  Propeller levers in the full minimum position (full aft but not in emergency cutoff).  This is critical.  The start sequence will not operate properly if the prop levers aren't reporting very close to 0.0.  Make sure your controller is properly calibrated, preferably in FSUIPC.

3.  Mixture levers full rich (full forward).

4.  Take the engine start switch to start.  The start sequence is automatic just like in the RW airplane. 

This can only be valid for a piston engined plane because there are no throttles, propeller levers or mixture levers in a 441.  Only power levers and condition levers.

Note that on a Garrett engine the prop and condition levers are tied together. If the condition levers are in a low position the props are as well, same goes for the high position.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the Mods, Installed them and gave it a try,  so much more realistic, completely different aircraft now. Cheers T

FAA ATP, CASA ATPL(A), MEIR, NVFR, Type Rated: A320, B747,B737, E120, B1900D/C KA350,

Multi Ratings: PA31-350, BE58, C310, PN68, PA44, BE76.

Checked out on: C210, R114, C206, PA28, C172, C152.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHzMemory: 64MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Multi Monitor.

I have PMd Whamil and look forward to the mods as well.  I hope someone, someday can fix the lighting issue in the cabin.  I want so badly to turn the cockpit gauge lighting WITHOUT turning on the overhead dome and passenger cabin lighting.  I can't imagine this would be a difficult fix...or at least I hope not.

• Upvote 1

Hi there

does anyone have the latest mods version that they could send my way please? Have been trying to contact Bill via pm but haven’t heard back...suspect he might be away or something. In any case would be much appreciated if you could send to me as I’m eager to try out the mods!

thank you!

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Hello:

I have also not had any luck contacting Bill about his Conquest mods. Would someone be willing to share the latest file me?

My engines continue to get "stuck" on max torque during start-up which is driving me crazy.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:10 PM, Czar said:

Would someone be willing to share the latest file me?

+1

I would also be very happy if I got these files somehow 😉

greetings

ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png