Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

Aerosoft Anchorage PANC for P3Dv4 released

47 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the news - - - nice...

What aircraft needs 12.4 feet to get airborne ?

Wow...

Regards,

Scott

An Antonov An-225 needs about 3500m / 11500 feet take off run at MTOW

Emirates would run an A380 service for such distances.... ;)

5 hours ago, Woozie said:

Update 1.10 just got released

I purchased PANC on Jan 11th 2018 and it is version 1.10 So, what update is that?

Patricio Valdes

9 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I purchased PANC on Jan 11th 2018 and it is version 1.10 So, what update is that?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/528152-aerosoft-anchorage-panc-for-p3dv4-released/?do=findComment&comment=3798504

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

7 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the news - - - nice...

What aircraft needs 12.4 feet to get airborne ?

Wow...

Regards,

Scott

It is a cargo hub, freighters fly with higher takeoff weights than passenger aircraft usually, and ice on runways is standard in winter time.

Just out of curiosity, why is PANC a freight hub? Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

6 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Bruceb

Ever seen the roads to Alaska?  :) Plus, its a jump off to the Orient.

5 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Bruceb

On the great circle route from Asia to America and back. In the old days passenger aircraft needed it as a fuel stop, today cargo airlines still use it as a fuel stop to pack their aircraft full of freight but only need enough fuel to get to Anchorage saving weight.

11 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Bruceb

Because freight does not care if there is a delay getting to destination because you stop for fuel.  This allows the flight to start at origin with more payload (revenue) and less fuel.  Passengers would prefer not to make fuel stops, so they end of paying much more per pound to make that trip than freight earns.  The Fedex B77L that goes from Memphis to Bangkok either must make a fuel stop or end up carrying very little cargo to allow for full tanks.

There are side benefits as well, as mentioned there is a significant demand for airborne delivery to Alaska due to its remoteness.  The fuel stop also provides an opportunity to shift cargo from one flight to another as in say a Hong Kong to Lexington trip is given a chance to move a pallet over to a Singapore to Ontario flight thus providing a way to move boxes from Hong Kong to Ontario.

Dan Downs KCRP

I just noticed that a new update for PANC was just released addressing some of the issues discussed here.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

10 hours ago, downscc said:

Because freight does not care if there is a delay getting to destination because you stop for fuel.  This allows the flight to start at origin with more payload (revenue) and less fuel.  Passengers would prefer not to make fuel stops, so they end of paying much more per pound to make that trip than freight earns.  The Fedex B77L that goes from Memphis to Bangkok either must make a fuel stop or end up carrying very little cargo to allow for full tanks.

There are side benefits as well, as mentioned there is a significant demand for airborne delivery to Alaska due to its remoteness.  The fuel stop also provides an opportunity to shift cargo from one flight to another as in say a Hong Kong to Lexington trip is given a chance to move a pallet over to a Singapore to Ontario flight thus providing a way to move boxes from Hong Kong to Ontario.

Almost all the freight airplanes stay locked up on arrival and just get fuel, so they save time not having to clear customs. FedEx and UPS might be the only companies to load/unload some freight for different planes there.

The State of Alaska also offers the airlines significant deals on fuel and parking etc.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 1/24/2018 at 10:20 PM, brucewtb said:

Bruceb

Also, I read something about PANC being 5,000? nm or less from 80? % of the world's population.  it's because of Great Circle routes.  I can't remember the exact distance figure, but it was interesting.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 1/9/2018 at 7:54 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

I hope it plays nicely with ORBX...

Regards,
Scott

It does for me and has done so for a long time.  Never been a problem and there doesn't seem to be a problem with the latest version either. 

• Upvote 1

Bill Alderson