Woozie

Aerosoft Anchorage PANC for P3Dv4 released

Cargo-Flyers rejoice, AS has just released their P3Dv4 version of PANC. Full Price is a whopping 30 USD or 9 USD for owners of the previous version. 

I'm not going to rant about the price, but they certainly do know when to charge a premium for regions where no alternative is available

For 30 quid you get: 

Feature List:

• Scenery of Anchorage Ted Stevens Airport with all buildings and facilities (international terminal, national terminal, cargo area, maintenance area, Kulis Air National Guard Base, South Airpark, etc.)
  • Photo realistic ground textures based on aerial imagery (15cm/pixel). Ground layout including detailed aerial image according to P3D V4 SDK
  • Detailed recreation of Lake Hood (LHD), the world’s busiest seaplane base, incl. lots of static aircraft
  • Configuration tool to enable or disable features like vehicle traffic and dynamic lighting
  • Compatible with FTX South Alaska (compatibility switchable via the config tool, changes include an adaptation to the custom FTX season times and a recoloured aerial image
  • Landing Strip Z41
  • Animated ground vehicle traffic airside and towards the city with specific US vehicles (pickups, etc.). Note: The ARR train is not animated in this version for technical reasons
  • Autogen adapted to the aerial image
  • Seamless integration into the environment due to custom coastlines and a custom mesh covering the airport area
  • Custom new elevation for continuous transition from the airport to its surroundings
  • Complete taxiway and runway signage
  • Night lighting with dynamic lights (can be deactivated via config tool)
  • Detailed, functional AFCAD files for all included airports, for Anchorage including approaches based on recent nav data (1713)
  • True-to-original 3D runway and taxiway lighting, based on weather conditions
  • Animated windsocks
  • Detailed SDK animated jetways (SODE jetways can be downloaded and installed as an option)
  • Manual in English and German
  • All code (BGLs) compiled with P3D V4 SDK, using new material options

Available at the Aerosoft store, and later at simmarket i guess

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Folks,

I see the upgrade applies to the original Anchorage product as well - if that's the case - very cool...

I hope I don't hear the train in the cockpit anymore...

Regards,
Scott

30?  That's not bad at all.  It's a large scenery isn't it?

It is a very comprehensive scenery (includes lake hood for your floatplane flying pleasure as well).

For $8.98 U.S., I'll take the upgrade and run. ;)  I wonder if they have any thoughts about ever upgrading Fairbanks? 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Bill Alderson said:

For $8.98 U.S., I'll take the upgrade and run. ;)  I wonder if they have any thoughts about ever upgrading Fairbanks? 

I liked their Fairbanks as well...

It took my old FS9 code - less than $9.00 - I'm happy...

Regards,
Scott

I have a PMDG 777F Fedex or PMDG 747F UPS reservation for when I go home tonight!  :)

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

I hope it plays nicely with ORBX...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bill Alderson said:

Hopefully not far behind...that’s a fun short hop.

6 hours ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I have a PMDG 777F Fedex or PMDG 747F UPS reservation for when I go home tonight!  :)

Yes!   I painted both those birds....will be flying them there soon!    I really missed this airport!

• Upvote 1

Now we just need the 747-8 to make this complete :) 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

I hope it plays nicely with ORBX...

Regards,
Scott

It plays very well with Orbx SAC region. It has a scenery configure tool that will set it for SAC. I got great performance with the PMDG 737-800WL, ASN, ASCA and Orbx SAC. I highly recommend it.

Greg

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

It plays very well with Orbx SAC region. It has a scenery configure tool that will set it for SAC. I got great performance with the PMDG 737-800WL, ASN, ASCA and Orbx SAC. I highly recommend it.

Greg

Thanks for the info downloading now.

53 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Greg

Hi Greg,

Perfect - I’ll give it a try when I get home this weekend...

While I know the freight dogs are happy - I’m thinking more of RAVN in a fast turbo prop... C’mon JS41 - that will be my stand in - I think they already have a suitable paint... ORBX announced (3) more AK additions in their 2018 forecast - seems the area is shaping up nicely...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

Did they update the terminal or building models/textures at all?? I loved this airport back in like 2011 with FSX, but it's not really good in terms of today's modern P3DV4 standards....

• Upvote 1

Long time I have waited for this.

I hope it will be easier to fill up Lake Hood seaplane base with ai traffic. I did this myself with the former version, but this was very cumbersome because a complete re-design of Lake Hood spb afcad file was necessary. SimWings did not spend too much time to make Lake Hood usable for ai traffic in the former version. I hope the current one will be better in this concern, but I have my doubts.

Anyway, I am happy that we now have back Anchorage for P3Dv4.

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Greg,

Perfect - I’ll give it a try when I get home this weekend...

While I know the freight dogs are happy - I’m thinking more of RAVN in a fast turbo prop... C’mon JS41 - that will be my stand in - I think they already have a suitable paint... ORBX announced (3) more AK additions in their 2018 forecast - seems the area is shaping up nicely...

Regards,

Scott

Great!

I have my max textures set to 1024. That works with my GTX 960. I can see a a 1080 in my future, not sure if my wife does yet though.

Greg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mitch24 said:

Did they update the terminal or building models/textures at all?? I loved this airport back in like 2011 with FSX, but it's not really good in terms of today's modern P3DV4 standards....

I think they look a little better but it may just be P3DV4.1.

Greg

I have no idea how P3D works but how does scenery like this affect performance?
I'm slowly getting myself comfortable with the idea of switching but wonder if it's similar to FSX in this regard.

Great news,

Hows the photo Scenery in P3Dv4.1, is it blurry?

thx

They posted a fix for the taxiway signs on the Aerosoft forums.

• Upvote 1

Didn't see any screen shots over at Aerosoft of this airport.

Did I miss something?

Mark