Sign in to follow this  
parachutem

30% on all Milviz aircraft at aerosoft

Thanks.

Anyone have thoughts on the T-38 Advanced? Compared to DCS Tiger?

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I am still waiting for the B55 to be converted to V4.

• Upvote 2

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Riding the Range (pre VOR, i.e. the 1930s) in the Bobcat. Bobcat puts hundreds of Radar Range onto airports (without modifying any scenery files, e.g. it is internal to the Bobcat plane's radio).

Starting up the Bobcat (SKY KING's plane by the way), notice the primer strokes necessary for the particular outside weather temperature are shown by the diming red lights when the priming strokes are enough).

Sky King (1950's TV show):

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_was_the_name_of_sky_kings_airplane?#slide=2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

TV show 1951...

45P3

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

8 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Thanks.

RichieFly, I have the older Milviz T-38A and the DCS Tiger. I never upgraded to the newer Milviz T-38 Advanced as there didn't seem to be significant enough improvements to justify the very steep "upgrade fee" (see http://www.simflight.com/2016/02/18/milviz-advanced-series-t-38a-talon-review/). Milviz offered a 50% discount on the new version for a 30 day period, but even that discounted price was way above what I normally pay for FSX/P3D add-ons, so I didn't go for it. In fact, you can get the DCS Tiger cheaper (on Steam or DCS sales) than the 30% or even 50% discounted price of the T-38 Advanced and you will get better bang for your buck for the DCS Tiger. 

The Milviz T-38 is not a bad product, in fact it is a pretty good product if viewed in isolation or relative to other FSX/P3D aircraft. But I found it a much "trickier" aircraft to handle than the DCS Tiger, sort of "tail-heavy" and "wallowy" at most of its flight envelope except high speed. You certainly have to stay ahead and manage the aircraft extremely well at medium to lower speeds. This is probably realistic, given its very small wings and extra weight of the dual-cockpit. The DCS Tiger by comparison is a dream to fly; very agile, predictable and super smooth frame-rates (on my system). Plus in DCS you get all the actual weapons and systems operations and effects, missions, campaigns, and native VR, whereas in FSX/P3D weapons have little or no function besides cosmetic, unless you use TacPack which is not available  for the T-38 as far as I know.

So, if you cannot get both aircraft and are equally happy in DCS and FSX/P3D, I would recommend the DCS Tiger hands-down, but get it on sale and you will have a better aircraft/experience at an even lower price than the current 30% Milviz discount.

• Upvote 2

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

I was looking at the 737-200 but it`s not P3Dv4.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

8 hours ago, rooitou said:

So, if you cannot get both aircraft and are equally happy in DCS and FSX/P3D, I would recommend the DCS Tiger hands-down, but get it on sale and you will have a better aircraft/experience at an even lower price than the current 30% Milviz discount.

Thanks for this. A very helpful summary.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I have many Milviz's :

F-4E Avanced, F-4J & F4S, DHC-2 Beaver, Advanced T-38A, F100D Super Sabre, B55, 310R and the P-38L.

Except some "glitches" (not really a no go for me but sometimes updates are long to come...) I can recommend them all except one, the P-38L...From my point of view the P-38L is a failure... Shame...

When I think about what A2A could have done with this plane, it's really a disapointment / disenchantment especially for the normal $ 60 price !

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On 1/23/2018 at 2:38 AM, RichieFly said:

Thanks.

On 1/23/2018 at 10:10 AM, rooitou said:

RichieFly, I have the older Milviz T-38A and the DCS Tiger. I never upgraded to the newer Milviz T-38 Advanced as there didn't seem to be significant enough improvements to justify the very steep "upgrade fee" (see http://www.simflight.com/2016/02/18/milviz-advanced-series-t-38a-talon-review/). Milviz offered a 50% discount on the new version for a 30 day period, but even that discounted price was way above what I normally pay for FSX/P3D add-ons, so I didn't go for it. In fact, you can get the DCS Tiger cheaper (on Steam or DCS sales) than the 30% or even 50% discounted price of the T-38 Advanced and you will get better bang for your buck for the DCS Tiger. 

The Milviz T-38 is not a bad product, in fact it is a pretty good product if viewed in isolation or relative to other FSX/P3D aircraft. But I found it a much "trickier" aircraft to handle than the DCS Tiger, sort of "tail-heavy" and "wallowy" at most of its flight envelope except high speed. You certainly have to stay ahead and manage the aircraft extremely well at medium to lower speeds. This is probably realistic, given its very small wings and extra weight of the dual-cockpit. The DCS Tiger by comparison is a dream to fly; very agile, predictable and super smooth frame-rates (on my system). Plus in DCS you get all the actual weapons and systems operations and effects, missions, campaigns, and native VR, whereas in FSX/P3D weapons have little or no function besides cosmetic, unless you use TacPack which is not available  for the T-38 as far as I know.

Hello,

As Rooitou I have also both modules (but the Advanced version of the T38), and TBH it is difficult to make a comparison since they have different purposes.

The T38 is a trainer jet : no weapons (even with Tacpack installed), no external tanks.

The Tiger is a fighter, so if you want to shoot at and blow up stuff, no choice, go for it.

What can be compared is the flying experience. As Rooitou said, the Tiger is pretty easy to fly : I could take off and land at my first flight without a look at the manual. The T38 ADV is another story. Since its flight model is external to FSX/P3D (that's the Advanced feature) it doesn't not behave as usual FSX planes, and it is kind of a challenge to fly. It took me some practice (and crashes) before I could land the thing. Engines should be monitored for avoiding fire. From a pure flying perspective I do prefer the T38, which offers some challenges.The challenges of the Tiger are elsewhere (combat).

Hope this helps in choosing...

Vvince

• Upvote 2