Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Is P3D V 4.2 release imminent?

4 hours ago, pmb said:

Lockheed Martin's own defense/in-house contractors may be tightly bound to them but even flights schools, commercial enterprises (I was in a commercial full-motion simulator running Prepar3d lastly) might turn to another platform if LM doesn't address these issues.

I cant see P3D being a major revenue stream for LM andso I doubt they would care.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

I guess you are talking about UTLive. Patience, please. As soon as the PowerPack is released, this "issue" can be corrected with only little effort.

Yes...it's a fantastic addon...thanks for the info..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

23 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I cant see P3D being a major revenue stream for LM andso I doubt they would care.

Well yes ...  but they might loose their valued paying beta testers :biggrin:

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Pete Dowson just posted that he's on holiday from tomorrow for 2 weeks. 

Standing by.......

• Upvote 4

Dave Garwood.

7 minutes ago, Dave CBFS said:

Pete Dowson just posted that he's on holiday from tomorrow for 2 weeks. 

Standing by.......

I swear that must be an inside joke between him and LM...

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Hi Folks,

From us maybe - but who knows what they are doing with those little M16 toting Army guys...

:cool:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

If 4.2 is "underwhelming" then IMO that's indication that LM are losing interest in P3D.

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

Just now, MatthewS said:

If 4.2 is "underwhelming" then IMO that's indication that LM are losing interest in P3D.

Underwhelming to us and underwhelming to their professional customers are 2 completely different things, keep in mind.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

Underwhelming to us and underwhelming to their professional customers are 2 completely different things, keep in mind.

Yes exactly... LM probably consider P3D mature enough for their professional customers and we won't see any major improvements moving forward.

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

10 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Yes exactly... LM probably consider P3D mature enough for their professional customers and we won't see any major improvements moving forward.

I wouldn’t say that, on their reddit Q&A they said they are looking in the future to add terrain contoured runways, an updated internal database, possible DX12 support, and continued performance optimization in terms of cpu scaling across multiple cores.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

I wouldn’t say that, on their reddit Q&A they said they are looking in the future to add terrain contoured runways, an updated internal database, possible DX12 support, and continued performance optimization in terms of cpu scaling across multiple cores.

Sloping runways would be great!

I just wish they'd fix the over-scaled autogen trees and houses (even just a .ini setting to let individual user adjust the scale to their liking). But they are uninterested in realistic scaling of autogen.  Such a shame the autogen scaling is so ridiculously over-sized... so I always turn my autogen off. 

• Upvote 2

Matthew S

I'm very satisfied with v4.1. It's the best FSX to date so things are definetly moving in the right direction, albeit slowly.  LM don't seem intetested in making major changes to the platform, so apart from performance tweaks etc. I don't have any expectations until v5...

• Upvote 2

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

5 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

I really hope that LM fixes the most apparent and annoying drawbacks in P3D with 4.2:

- appearing / disappearing cloud shadows depending on the viewing angle

- performance drop using dynamic lighting in combination with SSAA

- limitation of the number of addons when using the add-on.xml method.

Also precipitation (rain) looks horrible but can be improved using 3rd party addons such as ENVTEX or PRECIPITFX.

This plus the terrible slow autogen loading at your arrival airport. 

• Upvote 2

Eric 

56 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Underwhelming for end users might not be so underwhelming for developers.

• Upvote 1

Expect it any time, Pete's on holiday next week for two weeks :biggrin:

• Upvote 1