Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

FlyTampa's Boston Released!!

I got it today and flew in with th3 fslabs 320.  I thought the frames were fine and he details were impressive.  My favorite flytampa release so far.  It was quite windy when coming in to 27. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

2 hours ago, nocaltom said:

Are your frames rates always in the teens or just at this airport?

Tom

Typically in 20s in highly-detailed airports.  Ultimate Traffic brings them down to the teens.  I need to lower my AI traffic density.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I’m pleasantly surprised with performance, it’s in line with other larger airports.  I actually took a bigger fps hit after I took off and had the greater Boston area in view.

Overall it looks great, the snow textures on the taxiways are a nice touch.  The only odd thing I came up against was that when using the 2733 afcad file, the only runway available for use was 15R, which is the opposite of what should have happened (winds 355@7).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Greetings.

I don't have any FlyTampa sceneries because I am not sure how to update their sceneries to make compatible with v4.x. I wonder if KBOS has compatible v4.2 installer without dealing with any folders, files etc., so just run the installer and fly. Correct? 

Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

39 minutes ago, skysurfer said:

Greetings.

I don't have any FlyTampa sceneries because I am not sure how to update their sceneries to make compatible with v4.x. I wonder if KBOS has compatible v4.2 installer without dealing with any folders, files etc., so just run the installer and fly. Correct? 

Thanks 

Yup! Straight install to v4.2. This is also the case with their updated Vienna and Toronto :)

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

10 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Yup! Straight install to v4.2. This is also the case with their updated Vienna and Toronto :)

Great, thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Just bought it - first try had everything enabled and frames were mid 20s.  Went back and disabled most of the enhancements and frames are way up and acceptable and smooth rides.  

Nice work Fly Tampa!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Tony P said:

Just bought it - first try had everything enabled and frames were mid 20s.  Went back and disabled most of the enhancements and frames are way up and acceptable and smooth rides.  

Nice work Fly Tampa!

Which makes me wonder. Who can run it with all the features smoothly? Anyway, I also turned down features and I’m pretty happy with it. Did a really nice night landing, and it was pretty smooth, so it’s all good. Just wondering if we’ll ever have systems that can allow us to enable every features on those amazing sceneries. 

5 hours ago, skysurfer said:

Greetings.

Thanks 

Updating old airports to v4 is simple, point the installers to your p3d folder, delete papi bgl files, and overwrite files with their update zip.

6 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

What is bad about FSDT LAS?

Is it not really outdated? Not to mention coatl... 

also so I didn’t think fsdt modeled anything outside of the airport perimeter where flytampa is doing the strip et al 

Edited by okupton

Orman

Much as I like FlyTampa airports (and I have quite a few), I'm not buying this one.  I have the old version and no discount for existing owners?  Another $30?  No way at all.  Not even a chance.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

5 minutes ago, John_Tavendale said:

You want a discount for an airport made in 2009? You are kidding yourself aren't you...

Does not look like it John:biggrin: 

I wonder if we should started expecting a discount when we upgrade our graphic cards, Hey Nvidia I bought one of your cards 3 years ago any discount or upgrading path?

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip