Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
officercrockey

Support for Paulo Ricardo Sceneries

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Rafal said:

A good occasion now - most of his sceneries at simMarket are now discounted almost by half!
 

Yeah, i got Mega Sao Paulo with a 45% discount when i bought SBKP, the performance is amazing given how large the city is. There's only 7 hours left on the Simmarket Sale though, looks like i need to decide quickly, want Rio as well

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Woozie said:

Just a heads-up: as i was mailing him anyways I asked Paulo if he's aware of the AFCAD issues and pointed him to this thread and Dan's findings. He just sent me a new ADE and will put on his website later on (i couldnt test it yet though). He also mentioned he will be looking into the XML/ADE discrepancy

Excellent support from Paulo, i even consider to buy his other sceneries as well, even though i dont fly much in SA 😄 

If you drop him an email you may get it even quicker (add order information, just in case)

How were you able to get in contact with him? I tried it several times over a longer period via Email to get the sceneries working in P3Dv4 (see above) and he never responded!


Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Share this post


Link to post

The latest still has issues and his last note to me was that he was going to create a new AF from scratch.  Turns out this guy is creating the AF file from the xml format.

He at least fixed the parking designations for the cargo ramp.  I took that iteration and used Herve's Airport Inspect to apply AIRAC data to the ILS and align LOC to runway, it still appears as ILS33 but it's in the right place now and usable.

Update:  Just heard from Paulo again, and he is using xml because he has no other way to embed his custom jetways (otherwise he is using ADE).  I think he is communicating with Scruffyduck on the compiler errors he is seeing.  My recommendation to him was to turn his jetways into SODE objects.  Waiting for solution.

Edited by downscc
UPDATE

Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Chrjs said:

How were you able to get in contact with him? I tried it several times over a longer period via Email to get the sceneries working in P3Dv4 (see above) and he never responded!

I contacted him through his standard email "hotmaster AT ig.com.br" to request the P3Dv4 files for Sao Paolo and it didnt took long for him to respond. He even apologised once for his late reply (which wasnt really late). 

He came across as nice and very helpful, maybe you were just unlucky and he was away, or your emails got flagged as spam by his mail provider

1 hour ago, downscc said:

He at least fixed the parking designations for the cargo ramp.  I took that iteration and used Herve's Airport Inspect to apply AIRAC data to the ILS and align LOC to runway, it still appears as ILS33 but it's in the right place now and usable.

Thanks for the tip with Airport Inspector Dan! After fixing the ILS with AIRAC data and aligning the LOC i'm getting MCRS 149.16 (magvar.bgl is up to date). Charts show FA course 148. Do i need to overwrite the MCRS value with 148 or leave the calculated value untouched?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Woozie said:

Thanks for the tip with Airport Inspector Dan! After fixing the ILS with AIRAC data and aligning the LOC i'm getting MCRS 149.16 (magvar

After aligning the LOC with runway I'd leave it alone.  An error of less than 2 deg under these circumstances is insignificant.

Lars, I couldn't get P3D to accept the AF file he sent me via email.  Do you have SBVP running in P3D?


Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, downscc said:

After aligning the LOC with runway I'd leave it alone.  An error of less than 2 deg under these circumstances is insignificant.

Lars, I couldn't get P3D to accept the AF file he sent me via email.  Do you have SBVP running in P3D?

Ok thanks! I'll leave it then

You mean you couldnt load the scenery? I just tried and it loads fine using the ADE.bgl he sent me (after ILS fixed with AIE). Just parking though, i didnt get to do an approach yet

Here's the link he put on his site, may be worth a try: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lsc6ohwn6nix61/SBKP_ADEX_ADE.BGL?dl=0

I can put mine on a cloud share as well if you like, just let me know

Share this post


Link to post

Give him a day or two he normally reply right away .


Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Is there an autogen update available for Rio de Janeiro?

Paulo sent me the autogen update for Sao Paulo a couple of months ago but there was no file for Rio. He showcased autogen for a new Rio update some years ago on his blog but there is no new version released yet. However, a German sim news site mentioned that Paulo is now also offering autogen for Rio. So I wonder if they just mixed up Sao Paolo with Rio or if there is really an autogen update for Rio available?


Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Woozie said:

Ok thanks! I'll leave it then

You mean you couldnt load the scenery? I just tried and it loads fine using the ADE.bgl he sent me (after ILS fixed with AIE). Just parking though, i didnt get to do an approach yet

Here's the link he put on his site, may be worth a try: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lsc6ohwn6nix61/SBKP_ADEX_ADE.BGL?dl=0

I can put mine on a cloud share as well if you like, just let me know

Thanks Lars, but my problem was self inflicted in the add-on.xml I created to get rid of the scenery.cfg entries by his installer.  Minor little copy and paste glitch, scenery names must be unique and so must the addon.name field LOL.

I have the SBKP running now with his latest AF file, which fixed the ILS issue.  I also pointed out to him that the ILS does not have a DME and the MAG VAR is 21 not 19 deg per the Jepps.  Oh yeah, he also has the runway takeoff setting set to NO bothways effectively closing the runway.  He'll get there eventually.

I slewed around the airport scenery at dusk with lighting on and was impressed with his art work.  Makes up for the little hassle we've gone through with the AF file.


Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, downscc said:

I have the SBKP running now with his latest AF file, which fixed the ILS issue. 

Ah there is a newer version? Is this the same as the one available on his website or did he send you a more recent one?

 

EDIT: Never mind, just checked the one on his website, its the one with the fixed ILS. The version he sent me was older

Edited by Woozie

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Woozie said:

Ah there is a newer version? Is this the same as the one available on his website or did he send you a more recent one?

 

EDIT: Never mind, just checked the one on his website, its the one with the fixed ILS. The version he sent me was older

It asks for a password to download, what password?

Lee

Edit: I just e-mailed him, that should do it.

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee Holdridge

i7 8700K 4.8 OC 32GB Ram 11GB GTX 1080ti

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/10/2019 at 9:22 AM, downscc said:

The latest still has issues and his last note to me was that he was going to create a new AF from scratch.  Turns out this guy is creating the AF file from the xml format.

He at least fixed the parking designations for the cargo ramp.  I took that iteration and used Herve's Airport Inspect to apply AIRAC data to the ILS and align LOC to runway, it still appears as ILS33 but it's in the right place now and usable.

Update:  Just heard from Paulo again, and he is using xml because he has no other way to embed his custom jetways (otherwise he is using ADE).  I think he is communicating with Scruffyduck on the compiler errors he is seeing.  My recommendation to him was to turn his jetways into SODE objects.  Waiting for solution.

I am able to open up and edit the afcad using ADE. What have you done to change the localiser? I fixed the magnetic variation, removed the dme, and fixed all the parking spot names, added correct taxiway designations and some others. I sent to him but I would like to fix the loc is there something wrong with the ILS?

I do not have autogen trees and night lights around the airport though after running the .bat file

Just some small problems that should not hold anybody back getting a very nice scenery. And Brazil has many great freeware and payware developers so you have a lot of options to fly! I pair this SBKP with Flightbeams SEQM for many different freighter flights! So nice to finally have SBKP and SEQM done in very high quality.

Edited by Boeing or not going

Share this post


Link to post

I have all his published work and without a doubt he has provided the best scenery regions for South America for FSX and P3D. As a mainly cargo flyer I had been waiting for SBKP for quite a while. Great airport and surrounding scenery that complements greatly with his Sao Paulo scenery. As regards the amended AFCAD I tried to follow previous links but didn't work for me. On his blogspot site I can see his announcement but no links either. 

regards

 


Joaquin Blanco

Intel Core i9-9900K at 5Ghz, Corsair Hydro H100i RGB PLATINUM CPU cooler, Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E,Motherboard, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR6, G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Memory, 500GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 PCIe,2TB Samsung 860 QVO Solid State Drive, 2TB, 2 x Samsung 860 Evo 2TB, 1 x 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair RM650x 80 PLUS Gold 650W PSU.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

I have all his published work and without a doubt he has provided the best scenery regions for South America for FSX and P3D. As a mainly cargo flyer I had been waiting for SBKP for quite a while. Great airport and surrounding scenery that complements greatly with his Sao Paulo scenery. As regards the amended AFCAD I tried to follow previous links but didn't work for me. On his blogspot site I can see his announcement but no links either. 

regards

 

You are right, it appears he pulled the current version (the dropbox link is now also invalid) and removed the links on his site. Guess he will post a new version soon

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,775.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...