Sign in to follow this  
nocaltom

TFDI 717 how is it?

As a beta user I have to admit the plane just gets better and better. Especially the work being done around performance.

Keep up the great work!

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

We are still testing the resolution and I'll post the fix if it proves to resolve the problem.  Thus far I've made 4 flights of about 3.0 hours each and have not had the issue return.  As soon as I hear back from a few other guys on the OVPA Beta Team and they report the same success then I'll be happy to report on the work around (fix).  May be a little while since Quality Wings just published the 787 for P3Dv4 and even I'm taking some time to play around with it!

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 5/22/2018 at 5:45 PM, TurbofanDude said:

We're aiming to get the final update out VERY soon.

Excellent news. I've been wanting to get the 717 and use Pacsim's KSLC as a hub to fly it from, but was wanting for it to get out of its community beta first. Whenever that happens, I'll get it, though it's encouraging that so many people are already enjoying it!

Here's hoping that sale will be extended to the website as well 😉 With or without beta, I'll get it if the price is reduced!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I've been a fan of the DC-9 series and the MD-80/90 real aircraft during all my life. To my opinion, it's regrettable that the TFDi B717 is still in beta for P3Dv4 (I don't really know if it has the same beta status with P3Dv3). Hearing those histories about CTD's changing views and some other things makes me uninterested in a product released almost a year and a half ago. I would consider buying it once I see its official release, if it happens sometime soon.

Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Okay, we have 7 people who suffered from the Change View CTD issue, and once they deleted the Shaders Folder and the Prepar3d.cfg file, the issue did not return after several flights.  I'd like to test it more to be sure, but I'm trying to balance this with the needs of the community.

From what I can tell after screwing around with this for some time, this is really due to the Prepar3d graphics engine (and True Glass interfacing with it), so I recommend doing this anytime you receive an update to the B717.

I hope this works for you!

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 5/24/2018 at 10:33 AM, Benjamin J said:

Here's hoping that sale will be extended to the website as well 😉 With or without beta, I'll get it if the price is reduced!

I’ll cast another vote for a sale extended to the website..

mike

I love the 717 and I hardly ever get any crashes with it. I bought it at Cosford last year. It provides a different slant in the systems to the other add ons I have. I recommend buying it if you can.

Made a great flight with the last B717 version EGHI/LEBB (great Orbx airports btw). According to the consecrated formula "Smooth like butter". No CTDs while switching between (numerous) external/internal views. Actually, I've never had one.

I would add that she's got a little taste of (late, missing) MD11...

Believe me I'm very sensitive about the many buggy that have been blooming in the simulation world lately, which is obviously not the case with this little gems. I fly FsLabs, Pmdg, A2A (all), Majestic, Milviz, Aerosoft (F-14) and....TFDI.

Buy it without hesitation !

Regards,

Edited by DrumsArt
  • Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Just a note to anyone interested in the TFDI 717,,, they have just announced a FlightSimExpo 2018 show discount...

20.00% discount for this weekend only

I have no information as to how this discount lasts re: various time zones. I just ordered mine,

Mike

35 minutes ago, orbmis said:

Just a note to anyone interested in the TFDI 717,,, they have just announced a FlightSimExpo 2018 show discount...

20.00% discount for this weekend only

I have no information as to how this discount lasts re: various time zones. I just ordered mine,

Mike

Excellent!! Thanks for sharing. Just bought it. For 48$ it's a no-brainer... But I will wait for the official release of the P3Dv4 version. nothing more that I hate than to have to go through uninstallation and installations for patches and stuff like that.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

10 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Excellent!! Thanks for sharing. Just bought it. For 48$ it's a no-brainer... But I will wait for the official release of the P3Dv4 version. nothing more that I hate than to have to go through uninstallation and installations for patches and stuff like that.

Hello,

you only have to read this topic to see that you will not need to do that.

Great visuals, great sounds, all the systems modeled that are relevant to completeing a flight from start to finish, and a good add-on manager that checks for updates every time you load it.

I concur with everything said so far but what hasn't been mentioned is the Add-On Manager. I believe this is one of the best if not the best in the business. Never had a problem with it and works perfectly every time.

6 minutes ago, nolonger said:
6 minutes ago, nolonger said:

Hello,

I know, but still. If I can avoid patch installations, I'd rather do that. Most of the time my FS installation got screwed because of a patch that was installed, so I'd prefer to wait for the actual release of the P3Dv4 version.

Benjamin van Soldt

8 minutes ago, nolonger said:

Hello,

I know, but still. If I can avoid patch installations, I'd rather do that. Most of the time my FS installation got screwed because of a patch that was installed, so I'd prefer to wait for the actual release of the P3Dv4 version.

Benjamin van Soldt

As you wish but from personal experience, the Addon manager works seamlessly and the aircraft already works extremely well in P3D v4.

• Upvote 1