Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Aerosoft/SimWings Dublin Airport

Recommended Posts

To be honest, I wish that someone would do EINN Shannon. That is one BIG missing link as far as I am concerned.


Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe you can persuade Gary to start doing sceneries here. He's already done two Belfasts already 🙂
 

  • Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

Maybe you can persuade Gary to start doing sceneries here. He's already done two Belfasts already 🙂
 

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall Gary saying that he won't be developing any airports outside the UK.


Best regards,

 

Neal McCullough

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

To be honest, I wish that someone would do EINN Shannon. That is one BIG missing link as far as I am concerned.

Indeed. Nearly all transatlantic flights out of Dublin include a short stopover at Shannon. Or they used to. I assume they still do.


Best regards,

 

Neal McCullough

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, nealmac said:

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall Gary saying that he won't be developing any airports outside the UK.

He could easily change that quote to the British Isles, then do Dublin,Cork and Shannon, then just about everyone would be happy.

  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Indeed. Nearly all transatlantic flights out of Dublin include a short stopover at Shannon. Or they used to. I assume they still do.

Shannon stopover is long gone (April 2008). 

IIRC, Gary made that comment when Eiresim / Terry was still an active developer - though he's been gone a while now. Gary may see that there is demand for Irish airports, certainly the larger three of Dublin, Shannon and Cork.


AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; PMDG 737-600; FFX HJ; AIG & FSLTL; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, eaim said:

He could easily change that quote to the British Isles, then do Dublin,Cork and Shannon, then just about everyone would be happy.

British Isles? Tread carefully, pal 😅

  • Like 1

Best regards,

 

Neal McCullough

Share this post


Link to post

Thems fightin words!! 

😀

But I think we could all overlook that if uk2000 were to start doing Irish scenery, so many potential projects!

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nealmac said:

British Isles? Tread carefully, pal 😅

16 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Thems fightin words!! 

😀

But I think we could all overlook that if uk2000 were to start doing Irish scenery, so many potential projects!

Ah really? Are we still having this debate over a geographical term?!

http://lmgtfy.com/?t=i&q=British+Isles

Question is, whichever developer takes on Dublin will face demand for an update to include the new north runway 10L-28R, expected to be completed in early 2021. So do they take the snapshot while it is under construction and develop that moment in time, or do they future-proof it and copy the plans?


AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; PMDG 737-600; FFX HJ; AIG & FSLTL; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Share this post


Link to post

British Isles is fine as the official definition includes the island of Ireland plus the Isle of Man and several thousand others. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles

  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

Personally I don't like the term, as it's used to include an entire country that's not even under British rule. It makes about as much sense as me calling it the "Irish Isles". But I'm well used to hearing British people use it, and it doesn't annoy me as much as it used to.

 

I do agree though that I'd love to see Gary expand his work to include the much neglected Republic of Ireland. His work is sublime, and his products are really good value for money.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,

 

Neal McCullough

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/27/2018 at 5:11 PM, Vodcoke said:

Chris

I think it was Limesim who developed Dublin. Hopefully MK Studios might have an interest in it 

I asked MK Studios on Facebook if they'd consider it and they said they are but it depends if they can get all the information, pictures and access they need.

I asked if I could help but no reply.

It would be so good if UK2000 or MK Studios did it.

Incidentally, I was able to get the Aerosoft version working reasonably well by placing it below the ORBX Ireland scenery layers and removing the CVM_Ground.bgl from Aerosoft. It actually works well and looks ok except for the odd flickering texture. Definitely worth doing if you have ORBX and Aerosoft Dublin installed in P3D v4

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, John_Mc said:

I asked MK Studios on Facebook if they'd consider it and they said they are but it depends if they can get all the information, pictures and access they need.

I asked if I could help but no reply.

It would be so good if UK2000 or MK Studios did it.

Incidentally, I was able to get the Aerosoft version working reasonably well by placing it below the ORBX Ireland scenery layers and removing the CVM_Ground.bgl from Aerosoft. It actually works well and looks ok except for the odd flickering texture. Definitely worth doing if you have ORBX and Aerosoft Dublin installed in P3D v4

That's interesting, It's actually the most promising idea I've heard in the last 14 months. Might try it out this evening.


Best regards,

 

Neal McCullough

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, nealmac said:

That's interesting, It's actually the most promising idea I've heard in the last 14 months. Might try it out this evening.

You definitely should. ORBX ships with scenery files for the airports in Ireland and when you place it above Dublin it takes priority.

I think the CVM_Ground (might be called something different) is where the problem lies with Aerosoft. You need to remove it from the folder.

So with this solution you'll get the default runways and taxiways and most of buildings from Aerosoft.

Let me know how you get on. I can share screenshots of my set up if you're having problems.

 

Edited by John_Mc

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/28/2018 at 12:04 PM, F737NG said:

Shannon stopover is long gone (April 2008). 
 

Don't a few operators still stop at Shannon, westbound, like the British Airways A318 flights from Heathrow to JFK?

 


Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...