Sign in to follow this  
JustanotherPilot

Are there more than two major X-Plane Addon Vendors

Really starting to get into X-Plane after 30 years of FSX and Prepar3D (still use this daily). I'm starting to purchase commercial addons (IXEG 737, Les 340, Ramzess 777) but have noticed that there are only 2 major retailers available - both start with an 'X', this lack of competition seems to keep prices high and regular sales are infrequent. I know there are many free addons available, particularly with scenery and the Zibo 737 is payware quality ever improving. I have googled to find more outlets but those that show offer a small, limited selection. Where do dedicated X-Plane users shop?

steve southey

Aerosoft and Simmarket both sell addons for X-Plane.

NAX669.png

Simply put, aircraft details is getting far more advance, people are "demanding" more realism better flight modes, realistic FMS. Aircraft computers ie Boeing, Airbus, both behave as they do, quiet differently, all this comes with time, cost, testing etc etc, and the developers would love to get paid for there time. So than you can go buy a $10 plane but dont expect it to come close to the new turboprop just released. If you want a nice plane than you hve to pay for it, just like everywhere else, and if we dont support our developers than we loose out, it is your choice,

• Like 1

There's also Carenado, at least...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The majority of X-Plane plugins are sold in their site, you have the stores already mentioned and you also have www.x-aviation.com the creators of skymaxx pro, although not everyone likes their products... imo they have some pretty good ones, and some dont sell in  the x-plane.org

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I don't mind the fact that there are just two main vendors (the .org and X-aviation), plus direct sales from Carenado. It means I only have my credit card info stored at a few locations, and I don't have to keep track of too many different account logins.

I don't buy the idea that more retail vendors would drive down prices due to competition. Even if it were the case, that wouldn't be good for developers who deserve to be compensated for their work. It's also a hassle to keep products updated and supported on more than one site. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Aerobask makes some good Xplane11 aircraft, I have the Aerobask Eclipse, great little bizjet!

John

Don't forget Just Flight who give great discounts with their Points system.

Oops sorry.  I see JF has been mentioned.

There is also simMarket.com, Germany based, with a section dedicated to X-Plane.

But I don't think that more stores mean lower prices, but the amount of developer(teams), the quality off the add ons, and  what we are willing to pay for such add on.
There is a lot of variables involved.

(I just realize mwilk already mentioned simMarket, but I leave it here, as it may be of interest for European buyers).

Edited by soaring_penguin