Sign in to follow this  
jetfish

A320 Family - Aerosoft or FSLabs ?

A320 Family - Aerosoft or FSLabs ?  

94 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Aerosoft full package is half the price of FSL. Is FSLabs worth an 80,- EUR difference?

• Yes, go for FSLabs
    • No, go for Aerosoft

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/2018 at 10:59 PM

53 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

BA

ahh ok that spainish outfit. thanks

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

The Airbus is frankly a horrible cockpit, personally think any boeing looks so much better, the PMDG 737u is for me the best place to be. The Airbus looks like it was design by AI on a CAD, dull boring, flat, lifeless are what comes to mind.

From a PC gamers POV I fully understand you. From a pilots perspective I can assure you that a 'dull, boring, flat and liveless' cockpit environment is the perfect solution for a pilot. 

5 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

hes right this guy.

where on on the aerosoft  does it do the following

1.can upload a flightplan from your callsign on vatsim?

2.upload weather direct from vatsim?

3.can acars message other a/c ?

4.can send off acars mesages to get arrival weather

5. has accurate hot brakes

those are 5 of the top of my head, and theres probably another 20 more I could give you that the fsl offers that the aersoft doesnt.

you get what you pay for in life, just these 2 burgers are not the same. neither is the aerosoft vs the fsl 

no matter how you cut it they may both be burgers, but one as alot more trimmings than the other and probably tastes alot better too.  one is also double the price.  it really is that simple.

which is a shame, because I have the 330 from aerosoft and i really like it.  but the fsl is light years more advanced than the aerosoft baby buses which you pay when you buy the fsl., in my opinion worth every penny...

1496635501594-1496421422197-burger_lede.

The FSLabs Airbus: Fantasy vs. reality:

So, I'm shelling out three digit dollar amounts and still have to download a hd texture pack?😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aerostar said:

Thanks for this thread...  and the heads up from  'Micstatic'    I did not know about the HD Textures update mentioned above.   It was annoying for me having the original graphics which did not look very good....   but now I have just downloaded the ones mentioned above and the cockpit looks GREAT now !

I have the Aerosoft A320 as well and these new graphics bring the FSLabs up to the same appearance.

https://www.rdpresets.com/hb-texture-liveries.html#/

e828ded423986fc3f376ae17ebe01701.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/hbtextures/ Here you will find the latest version 3.5, and yes, it is amazing

• Upvote 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

11 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

So, I'm shelling out three digit dollar amounts and still have to download a hd texture pack?😂

my company paid eight digit dollar amount for a sim that behave almost exactly the same a the FSlabs A320, and trust me, the graphics doesn´t really matter

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

I flew the AS Baby Buses for years in FSX and P3D. Once it was announced that they wouldn't be upgraded to the same level as their A330, I purchased the FS Labs versions and haven't looked back - very satisfied with them. 

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

I own the AS bus and it serves my purposes very well. 

However, one that thing that I couldn't help noticing is that the FSL bus seems to represent the high gloss appearance of the throttle, spoiler and flaps handles far more realistically than AS's, which appear somewhat dull in comparison.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to tweak the textures of these items to make them appear a lot a shinier ? If so, any advice or help would be much appreciated !

Regards

Leaving aside whether one needs the left intake reverse noodle valve modeled down to a t, IMHO the Aerosoft version provides a significant amount of value for money:

1. 4 Airbus variants modeled.
2. Different engine types
3. RAAS 
4. Flight deck crew interaction
5. Tight integration with GSX

That's just off the top of my head.

All this for $80, or, if you upgrade, for $50.

In contrast, buying all variants from FSLabs sets me back roughly $250. Since I have to pay 19% VAT on the purchase, the total comes to roughly $300.

I bought the upgrade from Aerosoft for $50
The FSLabs would set me back           $300

Am I getting 6X the value by purchasing the latter? I somehow doubt it.........

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Leaving aside whether one needs the left intake reverse noodle valve modeled down to a t, IMHO the Aerosoft version provides a significant amount of value for money:

3. RAAS 

In contrast, buying all variants from FSLabs sets me back roughly $250. Since I have to pay 19% VAT on the purchase, the total comes to roughly $300.

I think your trying to make yourself feel better buying the AS bus. You really want the FSL, but you cannot publicly say that now. That is fine, but don't word not allowed on my shoes and tell me it's raining.

• Like 4

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

40 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

3. RAAS 

The level of simulation of both software are completely different. There are some people willing to pay extra for a really accurate simulation of an airbus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ramon De Valencia

Sorry for necro, but does FSLab version have checklists like AS one? 
Also you have to buy something so expensive to pimp it up by downloading stuff while AS is great out of the box ...

You’ll never regret buying the fslabs. You probably will regret the aerosoft. At least I would. The other thing is fslabs is still actively supporting all of their P3d titles and working on a brand new one. Aerosoft definitely isn’t. If you are of the mindset that msfs is still very game like and will be a while until it’s not. Or never. Then you go fslabs 

Edited by micstatic

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

The Aerosoft bus is quite adequate for flying from A to B with reasonable system depth, and it's modelled quite well for the price you pay. Some little things aren't quite accurate, fuel consumption is higher than the included planner utility says even when you put in the air distance between origin and destination and not the (shorter) great circle distance that it defaults to. But otherwise you can fly it by the book. Most FMGC features that you'd use in flight are accurately modelled.

The interactive co pilot is a nice touch, as is RAAS.

You can get weather and flight information (loadsheet, runway length, v speeds, METAR etc) off the AOC menu in the FMGC. The autopilot is faithful enough that you can engage it at 400ft and not need to switch it off until after touchdown, if that floats your boat.

If you want far deeper FMGC complexity and to simulate system failures, plus Hoppie's ACARS for VATSIM, buy the FSLabs bus. Be aware that the developer has past form for embedding malware in his product. Since that outcry a couple of years ago he seems to have learned his lesson but caveat emptor.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

For me, being more of a Boeing guy, the Aerosoft package has been perfect for me. I would rather splurge on the PMDG Boeings. I think this may be something to consider if you just want to occasionally fly the bus.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot