jetfish

A320 Family - Aerosoft or FSLabs ?

A320 Family - Aerosoft or FSLabs ?  

94 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Aerosoft full package is half the price of FSL. Is FSLabs worth an 80,- EUR difference?

    • Yes, go for FSLabs
      71
    • No, go for Aerosoft
      23

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/2018 at 10:59 PM

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

would like to have your opinions.
I'm about to buy an Airbus 320 family for P3D. So question is Aerosoft or FSLabs.
Aerosoft full package is half the price of FSL. Is FSLabs worth an 80,- EUR difference?

I heard already the "system depth" is not as good on the Aerosoft, but what does it mean?
I do not need a fuel, oil or bleed system to be modelled to the very last detail.
But can it (the FMC basically) comply with all navigation procedures that you usually need for a commercial flight?

 

Edited by jetfish

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I know this is not going to be a very popular response around here but here's my experience.  I own the new AeroSoft Pro (31x and 32x packages), I do not own the FSL packages.  AeroSoft promised a simulation based on actual everyday operation of these airplanes.  They promised a new connected flight deck, they said that their offering was tested by type rated pilots, and that the bugs were minute items that most would not even notice. I wasn't interested in emergency procedures or failures so I decided to go with AeroSoft.  The decision was mine and I'm not happy with my decision. If I had to do over I would get FSL airbuses. I'll leave it there. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post

Just replicating a commercial flight according to procedures or system depth is not what it`s all about. For me it is  the feeling and the immersion that counts. How close does the Addon come to what a real pilot sees and hears and "feels" during this day to day operations. What does he see on the displays, what small details can you notice, what kind of sound nuances do you hear, how does the Autopilot deal with the plane an so on. 

In that regard, you cannot replace the FSL with anything else. Even if the price difference would be 500 Euro, I`d still go for it. It`s the best that has ever been made for flight simulation.

Mike

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I have both and almost never fly the FSL. On my system, it is way too heavy on resources, which completely ruins the immersion that other users emphasize so much. The Aerosoft let's you perform all normal operation procedures and has about 50% better frame rates on my PC. Yes, systems are better modelled in the FSL, but most of that only affects abnormal procedures, which I never perform.

Peter

Share this post


Link to post

I have both. I bought the Aerosoft one because it "simulate" the 321.

I only have fly the Aerosoft the first day. I can't use it once I tried the Fslabs 320 and 319. 

I don't mind now the 321. I'm so happy with the Fslabs!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jetfish said:

that you usually need for a commercial flight

Sounds like you should get the Aerosoft one.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jetfish said:

Hi guys,

would like to have your opinions.
I'm about to buy an Airbus 320 family for P3D. So question is Aerosoft or FSLabs.
Aerosoft full package is half the price of FSL. Is FSLabs worth an 80,- EUR difference?

I heard already the "system depth" is not as good on the Aerosoft, but what does it mean?
I do not need a fuel, oil or bleed system to be modelled to the very last detail.
But can it (the FMC basically) comply with all navigation procedures that you usually need for a commercial flight?

 

What are your computer specs and other add-ons u plan to use?

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

What are your computer specs and other add-ons u plan to use?

Win 10 on i7-8700K , 8GB GeForce GTX 1080, DDR4-2666 16GB (2x 8192MB),  1000GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2

I'm using P3DV4.3 with GSX L2, Chaseplane, UTL and Active Sky

Add on aircrafts I'm using actually most are: Majestic Q400, Aerosoft CRJ 700/900 and TFDi B717. In parallell I always use Navigraph and have the webbrowser open and so far all is running smooth on my system.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Ekim said:

I have both. I bought the Aerosoft one because it "simulate" the 321.

I only have fly the Aerosoft the first day. I can't use it once I tried the Fslabs 320 and 319. 

I don't mind now the 321. I'm so happy with the Fslabs!

I had the same thoughts about the A321, because it is used by so many airlines
So thanks for your view on this

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, jetfish said:

Win 10 on i7-8700K , 8GB GeForce GTX 1080, DDR4-2666 16GB (2x 8192MB),  1000GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2

I'm using P3DV4.3 with GSX L2, Chaseplane, UTL and Active Sky

Add on aircrafts I'm using actually most are: Majestic Q400, Aerosoft CRJ 700/900 and TFDi B717. In parallell I always use Navigraph and have the webbrowser open and so far all is running smooth on my system.

I would go with the FSlabs.  Like others have said its not just the systems depth the FSlabs offers but the immersion factor it brings with it.  Just the sound package alone makes it worth the extra cost.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

My vote would be for FSlabs.  It is awesome.  If your system can handle it, go for it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mikealpha said:

In that regard, you cannot replace the FSL with anything else. Even if the price difference would be 500 Euro, I`d still go for it. It`s the best that has ever been made for flight simulation.

Absolutely agree!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ask yourself, do you want a plane that was rushed off the line because the company fell behind in development to port over scenery (Aerosoft) or would you like a plane that was meticulously checked and released. Aerosoft is a good company but their A320 family has seen a ton of problems in v4. It seems like people are always complaining about some type of system problem. FSLabs has its fair share of bugs but nothing huge that affects air worthiness 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ask yourself, how much time per day / week do you spend in front of the simulator? Will you be able to enjoy the additional detail FSL has put into their Airbus?

If you say:

Quote


I do not need a fuel, oil or bleed system to be modelled to the very last detail.

Then you mostly answered your post's topic question already. I suggest saving the money and getting a couple of nice scenery upgrades instead.

Cheers
Frank

Share this post


Link to post

I've got both, in fact I've got the other one for P3D V4 too (the BBS version). You basically already know the answer to your question though. Which is: the FSL one is more realistic by a long way, the Aerosoft one is a bit less realistic but is a lot of bang for your bucks. Base your decision on that, i.e. do you want super realism, or reasonable realism and more variants?

The Aerosoft one is, as noted, especially good value if you get the 'family' (A318/A319/A320/A321), since it works out at about 20 quid per variant, the BBS ones are comparitively cheap too and also cover the variants other than the A320 and A319 which the FSL is limited to covering at the moment. All three of them have some merit in some areas for example; the nav lights are very much better on the BBS one and it has the best livery manager/load manager of the three by miles, the exterior model is the nicest on the Aerosoft one, the FSL one has a lot of realism and the most convincing audio.

Of them all, the FSL one is the most convincing overall and the most like a real Airbus, the Aerosoft ones are not too bad at doing a reasonable job of portraying an Airbus although people familiar with the real aircraft would spot things which are not quite right, likewise, the BBS one has some things not quite right but in the main it does an okay job.

If I could only pick one, I'd pick the FSL, but I bought the others because I wanted A321s too.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Please don't listen to those people who tell you, that the difference is mostly in the abnormal situations. That's just not true. The overall feeling and immersion is lightyears apart in those two add-ons. The FSL A319/A20 ist my most expensive addon and I don't regret 1 EUR of it. I have a ton of other great add-ons (PMDG, Majestic, Leonardo, TfDi, you name it) but the FSL Bus is what I am using most of the time. And I don't even like Airbusses that much... So go figure...

 

P.S: I had the Aerosoft Busses in P3D v3 ... so I have a pretty good comparison.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

The overall feeling and immersion is lightyears apart in those two add-ons. The FSL A319/A20 is my most expensive addon and I don't regret 1 EUR of it.

This is a very good point and I agree with it, as I suspect, would most people who have the FSL 'Bus.

There is no denying that hitting that 'add to cart' button is slightly painful with the FSL price tag (I know, I've done it twice - once for FSX and once for P3D lol), but the moment you crank up the FSL A320, you do pretty much instantly realise why it was being sold at that price. It is absolutely streets ahead of any other aeroplane add-on for either FSX or P3D and without a shadow of a doubt is the most realistic airliner you can get for your flight sim. You can tell that from a mile off when you use it.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Chock said:

This is a very good point and I agree with it, as I suspect, would most people who have the FSL 'Bus.

There is no denying that hitting that 'add to cart' button is slightly painful with the FSL price tag (I know, I've done it twice - once for FSX and once for P3D lol), but the moment you crank up the FSL A320, you do pretty much instantly realise why it was being sold at that price. It is absolutely streets ahead of any other aeroplane add-on for either FSX or P3D and absolutely is the most realistic airliner you can get for your flight sim and you can tell that from a mile off when you use it.

That just sun it up perfectly Alan. 

Hundred of small things that add up to something special

To just give you just one, when you open one of the cockpit windows the amount of the opening will give you different outside sound levels, open both and again it makes a big difference. Close them and you do really real you have sealed the cockpit down to the outside world. Having both open a little and fully open is a huge difference. Just like it should be.

Everything about this aircraft is about immersion. I don't listen to talk about failers and all that, even without them its still in a league of its own above all else. Even the new PMDG-8 is not in the same league. Lighting and there new rain and bugs on the screen are a long way behind what you get in the 319. 

If I had to have only 1 aircraft within P3D I would not think about it, the FSL without question.

Edited by Nyxx

Share this post


Link to post

FSLabs Airbus are made with love. All these small details Nyxx is talking about make a really great addon.

The brake light in nose gear, special effects without any inmersion set, the vapour on cabin when air conditioning is on, the temperature differences according external temperature with doors open (and are differents if a jetway is connected), wonderful lights and sounds... If you open the window, please, don't forget to close it perfectly, i had some warnings related with pressure two times.. xD

Share this post


Link to post

Reading all these comments, you will end up buying the FSL, so one more tipp. Many people got that wrong and paid additional money that is uncalled for:

Always choose USD as a currency in their shop. If you choose EUR (or whatever) you get the exchange rates of their shop provider and they are very "disadvantageous". This is not a FSL-thing, they even write that in the description but many don't seem to read it. It can easily make a difference of 20-30 EUR.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Chock said:

I've got both, in fact I've got the other one for P3D V4 too (the BBS version). You basically already know the answer to your question though. Which is: the FSL one is more realistic by a long way, the Aerosoft one is a bit less realistic but is a lot of bang for your bucks. Base your decision on that, i.e. do you want super realism, or reasonable realism and more variants?

The Aerosoft one is, as noted, especially good value if you get the 'family' (A318/A319/A320/A321), since it works out at about 20 quid per variant, the BBS ones are comparitively cheap too and also cover the variants other than the A320 and A319 which the FSL is limited to covering at the moment. All three of them have some merit in some areas for example; the nav lights are very much better on the BBS one and it has the best livery manager/load manager of the three by miles, the exterior model is the nicest on the Aerosoft one, the FSL one has a lot of realism and the most convincing audio.

Of them all, the FSL one is the most convincing overall and the most like a real Airbus, the Aerosoft ones are not too bad at doing a reasonable job of portraying an Airbus although people familiar with the real aircraft would spot things which are not quite right, likewise, the BBS one has some things not quite right but in the main it does an okay job.

If I could only pick one, I'd pick the FSL, but I bought the others because I wanted A321s too.

I also have and use both, just to add to what Alan has said about AS Pro series, the performance on my AMD machine is phenomenal.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks to all already for your valuable opinions.

One thing that came to me mind also is documentation.
How about the manuals etc. that may come along with the packages?

I know the manuals and supporting training documents that are part
of the Aerosoft CRJ. I found them quite detailed and helpful and would
expect the same for their A320's. What about FSLabs in this regard?

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, jetfish said:

Thanks to all already for your valuable opinions.

One thing that came to me mind also is documentation.
How about the manuals etc. that may come along with the packages?

I know the manuals and supporting training documents that are part
of the Aerosoft CRJ. I found them quite detailed and helpful and would
expect the same for their A320's. What about FSLabs in this regard?

They are good.  Now go buy the Fslabs already.  U are wasting time to fly it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now