Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

People going out of control in the cruise need to be aware that they should turn the pilot oxygen on. This thing simulates hypoxia, you can select which altitude it does that at in the GUI for it.

Typically as you pass 8,000 feet above sea level would be a good altitude to check that you have the oxygen flow on. Some people can tolerate higher altitudes without experiencing hypoxia, but the average person could be affected when above 8,000 feet.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, 757FO said:

I am not a developer so I have no idea what it takes to integrate weather radar support,and yes Alan, I agree that this doesn't make the sim "unrealistic", but these days having access to weather information in the cockpit of GA airplanes is quite common, and I hope Sean integrates AS16 weather radar into his G1000 gauge. (I would personally take this any days over rain on the windshield)

Regards,

John

5 hours ago, Chock said:

Well, in the same way that you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing, you don't need a weather radar to know it's raining if there is rain on the windshield (sorry couldn't resist that).

I'm pretty sure in the interim you can use a pop up 2D weather radar screen, but yeah, would be nice to have it integrated for those who have a WX add on.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but G1000's don't have a weather radar so I would assume it won't ever be integrated. The G1000 uses a NEXRAD satellite radar which is usually 15 minutes behind real-time. I would have to agree with Chock here and say you could use the Milviz WX radar as a 2D pop-up.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

interesting point Chock. Can't remember if I had oxygen on or not 😵

Belinda

Belinda - YBBN

23 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here but G1000's don't have a weather radar so I would assume it won't ever be integrated. The G1000 uses a NEXRAD satellite radar which is usually 15 minutes behind real-time. I would have to agree with Chock here and say you could use the Milviz WX radar as a 2D pop-up.

Some of this depends on what we mean by weather 'radar'. Strictly speaking a weather radar is, of course, some sort of radio emission equipment, typically a dish or antenna fitted in the nosecone and a suitable display in the cockpit or the capability to overlay the info on an existing FD, which picks up a return from clouds and precipitation.

We know this of course, but these days many people will (admittedly erroneously, but sort of a bit like calling a vacuum cleaner a 'hoover') refer to aeroplanes which have any sort of weather datalink equipment (as you point out), such as the Garmin GDL69A (which links its data to the G1000 and displays it on the map view), as having a 'weather radar'. The GDL69A is a customer option you can spec for the DA42 and DA62, and it is kind of close to being real time (as a weather radar is, unless you want to subtract the speed of light from its update rate lol), but not quite.

I would hope that Vertx could simulate this by having maybe something like a payware add on WX/Weather add on link up with the G1000 display in the Vertx and effectively simulate having specced up a GDL69A in the options. After all, if you could afford to buy and operate a twin such as the DA62 (list price: about one million quid), then you could probably afford the avionics and the satellite link subscription too!

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

I have a question. I Have the aircraft cold and Dark at night on the ramp with no lighting. Anyone figured out how to see inside the cockpit to turn a light on. There don't seem to be a way to turn on any of the lights and have not found a way to get the electric master on with a switch panel due to the custom code?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

3 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I have a question. I Have the aircraft cold and Dark at night on the ramp with no lighting. Anyone figured out how to see inside the cockpit to turn a light on. There don't seem to be a way to turn on any of the lights and have not found a way to get the electric master on with a switch panel due to the custom code?

Go up to the P3D menu, choose to do a time preview of daylight, flick the required switch, then cancel the preview. Pretend you used a flashlight if this breaks the suspension of disbelief for you. 🙂

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

Go up to the P3D menu, choose to do a time preview of daylight, flick the required switch, then cancel the preview. Pretend you used a flashlight. 🙂

Yea that will work but need something a bit more real. LOL Maybe have the floods come on when doors open. I see that the overhead floods are inop so I assume Sean in fixing that sometime in the future.

• Like 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

It truly is a Rembrandt of the GA world.

• Like 1

Mario Di Lauro

2 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

yes, that works--on the active flt pln.

I have communicated this to Sean and he will look into it..

Be patient, this will get dealt with..  :smile:

• Like 2

Bert

53 minutes ago, Chock said:

People going out of control in the cruise need to be aware that they should turn the pilot oxygen on. This thing simulates hypoxia, you can select which altitude it does that at in the GUI for it.

Typically as you pass 8,000 feet above sea level would be a good altitude to check that you have the oxygen flow on. Some people can tolerate higher altitudes without experiencing hypoxia, but the average person could be affected when above 8,000 feet.

I have my tolerance set to 10,500, which is where I was flying at, although with a corrected altimeter.  If that is what happened there was no "heavy breathing", no screen going black per the manual.

Joe Lorenc

37 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Maybe have the floods come on when doors open.

That's a good idea. Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, hqmurphy said:

Love the aircraft. Perhaps the smoothest aircraft i've ever flown. Visually it's an A+ and the systems are great. 8.5/10 for me!

I did, however encounter one odd kink--

I was just on approach and at +-200 feet agl when the aircraft banked hard left into the ground - while simultaneously letting out a screeching siren. This happened so suddenly, that no action from me or the autopilot could have warranted it; it's as if one wing hit an invisible wall.

Oddly enough, I was flying into a default airport (KSHR) when this happened, so it couldn't have been the scenery (I wouldn't think). Anyone else had or heard of this issue?

My home town! I wish there was a payware quality airport available.  

Edited by mpw8679
  • Like 1

Matt Wilson

Yes, this is a keeper!

I have been flying this new masterpiece a lot and am so thrilled to finally have a GA twin with a G1000 that is such a joy to operate because of how realistic it is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shivers9 said:

There don't seem to be a way to turn on any of the lights and have not found a way to get the electric master on with a switch panel due to the custom code?

FSL Spotlights, setup overhead

If the plane suddenly goes out of control make sure you do not have an axis assigned to Prop or Mixutre in P3D or FSUIPC.  Its in the manual to make sure you only have a throttle assigned or you could end up with wierd issues such as loosing control on final.  I created a new profile in FSUIPC for the vertx to use only throttle no prop or mixture.

I had the same issue when I found the my virtual fly throttle control panel was on which assigned prop and mixture to my controls.

• Like 1

Sean Green