Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Navigraph Flightsim Survey results published

6 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I'm still not convinced that the $200-$300 per year spend on payware addons is a genuine and accurate reflection of the community at large.  Surely not.

I hit average on every category and that is very close to what I spend. Now their is no doubt an elite group that spend thousands but the average Joe on our 50000.00 income, is not going to do that. The 200 to 300 is one hechuva alot more than I spent 10 or 20 yrs ago!

Edited by Adrian123

5 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I hit average on every category and that is very close to what I spend. Now their is no doubt an elite group that spend thousands but the average Joe on our 50000.00 income, is not going to do that. The 200 to 300 is one hechuva alot more than I spent 10 or 20 yrs ago!

Yeah mind you,  the graph says that 25% of respondents spend >$1000

Sales of XPlane product do not reflect this polling.  Not sure what that means but nope.  Not even close.

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

25 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Sales of XPlane product do not reflect this polling.  Not sure what that means but nope.  Not even close.

Milviz

It depends on where your looking.

Are you looking at the Flight sim traditional supply chain or have you looked to the more specific suppliers of X plane products where most go to; Xplane.org store or X-Aviation.

Also the momentum of product is starting  to pick up this year with Orbx and HiFI entry into the market.

Also, the more traditional X plane users, still make use of the freeware more than payware but I think that is slowly changing . It is the one's whom migrate from FSX and or PD3 whom most likely make purchases the payware content right off the bat.

Bob

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, BobFS88 said:

beechcaptain

I am not sure if you saw it but there is a link midway down from the top of the result web page with final report link to a pdf file that you download or look at it online that has the break down of all the question of all the category.

It also has the results from the previous survey and how they rank from 2017 to 2018. It doesn't have exact numbers, except the numbers who participated, which from the previous year has grown considerable in terms of the number of participant in the survey.  

Bob

Bob,

No, I missed that link. Thanks for pointing this out.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

• Like 1

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

I cannot get my head round why XP fans take great pleasure in posting in the P3D forum about there sim, I have never posted or read the XP forums and I'm not just talking about avsim forums you see on other sites including FSX, I get the impression it`s to wind some users up. 

It's called "Trolling" and his been going on since the usenet days. Like getting on a General Motors forum and stating how much better you like your new Ford. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, BobFS88 said:

rjfry

Someone decided to open this particular topic in the PD3 forum. Someone else tried to open a similar topic in the X plane forum but the moderator felt it was better to keep everyone in this topic as to not duplicate it.

However this topic is more suited in the Hanger's forum since Navagraph covers a wide range of simulators and aircraft that interest everyone and has nothing to do  with the desire to "wind some user up".

Bob

So what you are saying its been deleted from XP forum but you do know your post is in the P3D forum.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 minutes ago, rjfry said:

So what you are saying its been deleted from XP forum but you do know your post is in the P3D forum.

rjfry

There is a link as a reference of this topic in the X plane forum, it was put there by the moderator.

I all fairness, this topic needs to move to the Hanger forum. IMO.

Bob

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BobFS88 said:

all fairness, this topic needs to move to the Hanger forum. IMO.

The DMZ

• Like 1

Agree, given the topic this should be moved to the hangar chat. The survey considers all flight sims so everyone has the right to participate in the topic.

• Like 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I agree surveys should be in the hanger forum, some users like posting surveys may be in hope stirring things up.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 hours ago, sgreen91 said:

I'm not sure I understand why everybody is so butt hurt that x-plane is becoming popular.  Why dont we all just blame facebook and google for the flawed results or even better the russians altered our perceptions when filling out the survey.

Does it really matter what simulator people are using?  Who cares if P3D may become second to x-plane it won't affect my enjoyment of P3D.

You be surprised about the heated discussion we had here in the past about FS2000 > 2002 > or FS9 and FSX.... (always vs, people seems to like that vs stuff)

Actually I don't care, we all enjoy aviation related stuff and all in our own manner and there isn't a right or a wrong 😉

Same hold for the endless debates about flight dynamics always funny to read lol

Nonetheless always good to see the results among the Navigraph user base which isn't the majority of flightsimmers out there 😉

So the results are relative to that base...

• Like 1

André

9 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Agree, given the topic this should be moved to the hangar chat. The survey considers all flight sims so everyone has the right to participate in the topic.

I agree to a degree, but the only reason for reservation is because this discussion placed in Hanger Chat will very likely cause this discussion to be locked very quickly. 

If we could just state our case and defend it with truth all would be well. Attacking false facts with true facts should be the limit, and its much more productive. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Quite easy to just go to the X-Plane forum and get confirmation:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I don't care which sim is more popular... but I do care when misleading survey results are used to draw a flawed conclusion.  It's one of the prime reasons statistics are so worthless.

Anyone remember the actual format of the question?  Anyone remember that you could set the level of use for each individual sim, separately?  Absolutely nothing about the question results provides indication about which sim has a higher usage or usage growth.  Since you could say you use both X-Plane and Prepar3D "most of the time"... the overall results couldn't possibly reflect which sim is used the most overall.

• Like 3

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69