Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

The Office view leaving San Diego- GOOD MORNING!

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Val-

I'm a fan of 4k TVs (currently on a 65" with sights on an 82").  If they have a 30Hz refresh AND accept a Display Port Cable- you'll be smiling.

C

Haha, it has Display port 1.2 AND HDMI, looks like I'll be ordering it tomorrow in-store! thanks!

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Carl, 

How are you using the 747 at KSAN? I'm pretty sure there aren't any gates that are big enough with the ORBX scenery when trying to use GSX so I'm interested to know if you have found a way. 

Many thanks,

Aaron Kia

After the update the 744 is better than ever! Pure joy to fly!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

5 minutes ago, aaronkia said:

Hi Carl, 

How are you using the 747 at KSAN? I'm pretty sure there aren't any gates that are big enough with the ORBX scenery when trying to use GSX so I'm interested to know if you have found a way. 

Many thanks,

Aaron Kia

BAW used to fly B744s in and out of KSAN, not sure where they park but I've seen heavies like B77W at gate 33.  Using ADE it takes less than a minute to change the gate size if this is required.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

45 minutes ago, aaronkia said:

For user aircraft, you can just customize the airport within GSX to fit whatever size aircraft you want. Parking wise, you really only need to mess with the ADE for AI.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 1/5/2019 at 6:04 PM, cavaricooper said:

Val-

I'm a fan of 4k TVs (currently on a 65" with sights on an 82").  If they have a 30Hz refresh AND accept a Display Port Cable- you'll be smiling.

C

So true! I got a 4K TV yesterday, with HDMI however. But it has a 40 inch screen and cost 100€ less than a comparable computer monitor that only had 32 inches. 4K is incredible in p3D, I‘m about to experiment with the settings 🙂

On 1/10/2019 at 3:40 PM, downscc said:

BAW used to fly B744s in and out of KSAN, not sure where they park but I've seen heavies like B77W at gate 33.  Using ADE it takes less than a minute to change the gate size if this is required.

Had to do just this to accommodate my -400.  BA272/3 is again being operated by a 744. Couple days back I was lucky enough to be turning the corner on at W Laurel at the 27 end when 273 took off over the city (we've had some, for SAN, rough weather lately). Quite a sight!

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

On 1/5/2019 at 5:04 PM, cavaricooper said:

Val-

C

Does using a display port cable instead of an HDMI cable provide better results at 30hz? 

Aaron Kia

@aaronkia

My HW Oracle at Delphi @SteveW is an advocate of the Display Port for optimal display performance. As he has forgotten more about this stuff than I will ever know, I’m happy to take his advice.

HTH- C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

On the other hand, an HDMI works without any degradation to performance at 4K resolution.  So if you have a choice go for the display port but don't be concerned if all  you have is HDMI.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

On 1/18/2019 at 6:30 PM, downscc said:

On the other hand, an HDMI works without any degradation to performance at 4K resolution.  So if you have a choice go for the display port but don't be concerned if all  you have is HDMI.

I ended up buying an IIYAMA G-Master Silver Crow with 1440p, 75HZ, 27 inch, display port, 2x HDMI, headphone in,  2x USB 3.0 ports, speakers all for 290 euro. Good deal if you ask me. The 144hz model was 425 euro, too expensive for me, would have been better to get a TV for that price (but a tv is too big for my desk).

Flying Tigers Group

Val-

You made your purchase after research and deciding what was best for YOUR SITUATION- that is always the best policy. Enjoy your new monitor.

Best- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

On 1/22/2019 at 12:31 PM, cavaricooper said:

Val-

You made your purchase after research and deciding what was best for YOUR SITUATION- that is always the best policy. Enjoy your new monitor.

Best- C

thanks, im loving it so much i got tears lol!

Flying Tigers Group