LTCSZ

Alaska For P3d V4.4?

Recommended Posts

Anyone know of a scenery file(s) that will add a bunch of remote cabins, float bases, etc to Alaska? I have UT Alaska installed...Freeware preferred (Not Misty Fjords Payware for now!)...I have searched individually with little luck...Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

21 minutes ago, LTCSZ said:

Anyone know of a scenery file(s) that will add a bunch of remote cabins, float bases, etc to Alaska? I have UT Alaska installed...Freeware preferred (Not Misty Fjords Payware for now!)...I have searched individually with little luck...Thanks!

http://return.mistymoorings.com/

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I can second Misty Moorings.  Really fun additions and great bunch of guys and gals.

Danny

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm also a huge fan of the Misty Moorings freeware. However, it should be noted that misty moorings does require some payware to work correctly. For their Blue Wave Energy Partners freeware (one of their prominent Alaska scenery packages), you would need ORBX Southern Alaska, ORBX Global, ORBX Vector in order for everything to align correctly. Plus you wouldn't want to be using 3rd party mesh software such as Ultimate Terrain...

In essence if you're looking at freeware always be sure to read the readme files and requirements. Especially for high-quality freeware there could be payware addons that are required for it to look as intended.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't have Misty Moorings but I just followed the link to their website. I've got to say that their clear installation instructions put most payware vendors to shame. If their scenery is as detailed and thorough as their clear and easy to find installation instructions, it must be fantastic. I am going to give this a try after I get my new system built.

Ted

Share this post


Link to post

Highly recommended! They are currently refreshing all their scenery locations to work beautifully in p3d v4.4 I'd encourage you to go ahead and register on their site and utilize the support forums if you need anything. Much like here they are a great little community of flight simmers.

Again, please be sure to read the requirements on their getting started page to review all the necessary addons needed to for their scenery to work correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post

Can anyone confirm that Misty Moorings is compatible with 4.4? I have heard otherwise but have NO definitive proof.

 

Vic

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

Can anyone confirm that Misty Moorings is compatible with 4.4? I have heard otherwise but have NO definitive proof.

 

Vic

I've used some of their scenery in V4.4. and had no problems..

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bt103504 said:

I'm also a huge fan of the Misty Moorings freeware. However, it should be noted that misty moorings does require some payware to work correctly. For their Blue Wave Energy Partners freeware (one of their prominent Alaska scenery packages), you would need ORBX Southern Alaska, ORBX Global, ORBX Vector in order for everything to align correctly. Plus you wouldn't want to be using 3rd party mesh software such as Ultimate Terrain...

In essence if you're looking at freeware always be sure to read the readme files and requirements. Especially for high-quality freeware there could be payware addons that are required for it to look as intended.

 

Sure, your point is "To look as intended" and the requirements docs should tell you that... having said that, many addon sceneries can be quite effective even without all the prereqs.. just a matter of taste (and budget)..

A pipeline is probably more demanding than some floats, shacks, and campfires, though..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Share this post


Link to post

Works fine in 4.4 been using it for along time.  The Misty flying club is also a winner.  It gives you a reason to use their scenery by flying tours of the area.

Share this post


Link to post

Works Fantastic, Visit the site, as they are, as we speak, going through a major REFRESH of all scenery.  Massive Over Haul.

Each day scenery is refreshed, and updated.

RTMM works beautifully with P3Dv4.4.

Kind Regards

Brian (BJ from OZ)

 

Share this post


Link to post

Not freeware, but ORBX titles (including all of their Alaska titles) are 50% off now through the weekend.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now