vc10man

Latest Nvidia Driver bringing P3Dv4sim dowm

Recommended Posts

Just had, for the 2nd time an Nvidia issue with a previously perfectly running EVGA GTX970 GPU. Had not updated the driver for ages because, quite frankly, I do not trust Nvidia to bring out rock stable drivers.

And that is precisely what has happened. Updated to the latest, and bang, midway through a flight, that driver brings the sim down with a warning notice DXGL_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. Ha as anyone else experience this crash?

Reverting to previous driver which was rock steady, not a single issue

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

the latest nvidia driver did create " a resetting graphic driver" issue from time to time. I went back to earlier drivers and the issue disappeared. I would  not recommend the latest drivers for Win7 users.

tc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, flyforever said:

the latest nvidia driver did create " a resetting graphic driver" issue from time to time. I went back to earlier drivers and the issue disappeared. I would  not recommend the latest drivers for Win7 users.

tc

Thank you for that. Glad it wasn't just me. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Like you, I have just binned that latest driver. I won't be going anywhere near Nvidia again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is  418.91 the one causing issues?

Edited by JustanotherPilot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, I'm using 418.91 without any issues.

I have a GTX 1080 ti.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Is  418.91 the one causing issues?

Precisely. Now with the previous 388.13 at exactly same place same route as before, plain sailing. I have read so many issues with Nvidia's rushed-out drivers previously, here, I wonder why I even bothered. Lesson learned.

10 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I have a GTX 1080 ti.

Did state it was a GTX 970, so most probably is okay with a 1080Ti, don't know as I don't have that card as yet, physically, in my new proposed rig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using nVidia driver 417.71 here with no issues, for three weeks now.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I have not had any issues with 417.71 and so far, no issues with 418.91. Using GTX 1080

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentlemen, all well and good----and I am so happy for all you 1080Ti users----that all is very hunky-dory with the latest Nvidia driver for your 1080Tis, 1060s, et al. But I specifically mentioned a GTX 970. So, maybe it only appertains to the GeForce 9 Series?

Anyway, it matters little now, as I do not trust Nvidia when they trundle out ' the latest driver bells-and-whistles word-not-allowed' drivers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nvidia have stopped support for Maxwell 900 series cards thats why you had problems 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kjono said:

Nvidia have stopped support for Maxwell 900 series cards

And below states the opposite looking at this image. Or have I mis-read it that support of the 9 Series is over, yet the below image contradicts that?

6 minutes ago, nolonger said:

Did you tell Nvidia?

1.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using 418.91 also.  Had 2 driver errors and quick recoveries yesterday. Using GTX 1050 Ti, FSX and windows 7.  Looks like I will be looking for an earlier driver version.  I am also trying to update my Inspector settings as well since I just installed the GTX 1050 Ti.

Airbus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 2:05 PM, vc10man said:

Just had, for the 2nd time an Nvidia issue with a previously perfectly running EVGA GTX970 GPU. Had not updated the driver for ages because, quite frankly, I do not trust Nvidia to bring out rock stable drivers.

And that is precisely what has happened. Updated to the latest, and bang, midway through a flight, that driver brings the sim down with a warning notice DXGL_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. Ha as anyone else experience this crash?

Reverting to previous driver which was rock steady, not a single issue

 

If you are using the frame rate limiter in Nvidia Inspector with drivers newer than 399.24 this error is known to pop up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m running 382.05 which were recommended on the FSL Concorde forum as being compatible and not producing that Nvidia error message. Any later ones will.

I have to say I’ve never seen any significant improvement in performance when updating drivers. Just stick with ones that suit your setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, exeodus said:

If you are using the frame rate limiter in Nvidia Inspector with drivers newer than 399.24 this error is known to pop up.

Do not use Nvidia Inspector. Not done since way back in FSX.

39 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m running 382.05 which were recommended on the FSL Concorde forum as being compatible and not producing that Nvidia error message. Any later ones will.

I have to say I’ve never seen any significant improvement in performance when updating drivers. Just stick with ones that suit your setup.

Precisely, Ray, which is why I reverted to 388.13 running running as  solid as a clock. It will be many moons before I trust Nvidia again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Precisely, Ray, which is why I reverted to 388.13 running running as  solid as a clock. It will be many moons before I trust Nvidia again!

I don’t think they break things deliberately Rick. 😉

P3D is not a mainstream application as far as Nvidia is concerned. Remember too the problem may be something that L-M need to fix certainly in P3D v3. Lefteris at FSL suggested as much but doubts they will. I’ve not seen it in v4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the new driver.  No issues whatsoever.  Great FPS and all is well.

 

So, is it the driver or your system?

 

Stan

Edited by spilok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to admit, the new 419.17 drivers that came out today are even BETTER when it comes to this:  In other drivers, I noticed a "lull" or hesitation for about 5 seconds sometimes when I switched views.  This new one doesn't seem to do that.  I flew it on several flights today, and there was no stoppage of the view when I made quick shifts.  I think I'm going to like this driver better.  We'll see.

Stan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just installed 419.17 in my 2080ti and P3D is flashing badly.  I think I'll roll back to 417.71  It got worse when I enabled vsync.

 

Kevin

 

Edited by KJConlon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

419.17 DXGL_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error had to go back to previous one.

 

Darcy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such differences on this driver by various simmers.  Don't understand that, because it works so well for me.  However, I do see many differences of opinion on EVERY driver that comes out.  Only time will tell.

Stan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now