marcom

Sometimes you just need to try out something new...

Hi folks,

don't want to comment too much myself, I'd just be interested in your feedback!

http://flightsimapps.com/pfd/

(Try it on your PC and your mobile device)

Is this something that would be of interest?

Obviously it would be generic (no real FMA information available).

Comments welcome!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There are a lot of people who stream these days... what would be nice is a 2D Popup app that shows the dynamic position of control surfaces.  There used to be a freeware one for FSX, but not for P3D.

So...

is this something you guys would be interested in? Ie having a PFD run on a mobile device that is connected to FSX/P3D via Remote Server?

4 hours ago, marcom said:

is this something you guys would be interested in? Ie having a PFD run on a mobile device that is connected to FSX/P3D via Remote Server?

To be brutally honest, probably not.

I think the forte of a tablet app, like the FMS CDUs you've already done, is to get a normally non-viewable interactive part of the flight deck into play without having to pan or otherwise change views.

There are a number of acft that have hdg/course and autopilot controls down on the center pedestal, for example...having the ability to put the course and heading dials onto a tablet would make flying those add-ons a lot more pleasant.  So I'd much rather see either a generic, or a series of acft-specific tablet apps for those.  You could put radio control heads there as well.

And if you could get something like one of the GTN750 add-ons onto an iPad, you'd be an absolute hero!

Regards

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

And if you could get something like one of the GTN750 add-ons onto an iPad, you'd be an absolute hero!

Regards

+++++++++++

• Upvote 1

I would be partly interested … but as Bob says, with more ability to control the current flight. At least to Pause the sim.

Make Autopilot settings would be maybe a too difficult task as it would require different commands for all these system deep addons.

However my only usecase would be to monitor the flight, while I'm not on my computer and to be able to pause the sim if there will be sth. unexpected.

So, such a monitoring tool with the possibility to pause would be welcome. Doesn't need to much features … flight data, position, pause.

If I would pay for it? maybe not 10€ 😉