Toms Hardware has posted a report that NVidia's latest Drivers are a problem for gamers slowing down PCs. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

10 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Toms Hardware has posted a report that NVidia's latest Drivers are a problem for gamers slowing down PCs. 

Latest?. How far back?. Could you please develop a bit more?.

Cheers, Ed

430.39 is working fine for me in P3D 4.5😁 -- what is final fantasy anyway? 🤷‍♂️😂

Just installed 430.39..shoud I rollback? Any bad reports from sim users except the tomshardware article?

Just wondering, what do we gain from updating drivers? I haven't updated drivers in the last 4 or 5 years, yes you read correct, and I don't have any idea if, or what, I have missed out on something. So honestly (and I mean it seriously) why do people update drivers everytime a new one comes out? I think my sim (P3Dv4.3) runs pretty smooth and looks OK graphic wise, so I don't feel I have any reason to update drivers (yet).

Jlund

2 minutes ago, jlund said:

Just wondering, what do we gain from updating drivers? I haven't updated drivers in the last 4 or 5 years, yes you read correct, and I don't have any idea if, or what, I have missed out on something. So honestly (and I mean it seriously) why do people update drivers everytime a new one comes out? I think my sim (P3Dv4.3) runs pretty smooth and looks OK graphic wise, so I don't feel I have any reason to update drivers (yet).

Jlund

In the hope that there will be any performance/visual quality benefits. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, jlund said:

Jlund

I would read the article on Toms Hardware as to why you should update know and again, like Intel Microsoft and AMD  Nvidia had to plug security holes in it`s software, but then again you don't have to if your not running W10. 

The good news Nvidia are aware and working on a fix.

Edited by rjfry

6 hours ago, jlund said:

Jlund

We are updating drivers to solve some problems in new games. If you don't play new games, and your sim runs ok, it is not a must.

Mike

Thanks for the answers. I DO run W10, so you're saying there's security holes in the drivers that may cause problems, if drivers isn't up to date?

The only games I have is P3D, XP11 and DCS, and as I mentioned, they look and perform fine, so no problems sofar with my old drivers. But I guess I could consider updating them sometime soon if necessary..

2 hours ago, jlund said:

Thanks for the answers. I DO run W10, so you're saying there's security holes in the drivers that may cause problems, if drivers isn't up to date?

The only games I have is P3D, XP11 and DCS, and as I mentioned, they look and perform fine, so no problems sofar with my old drivers. But I guess I could consider updating them sometime soon if necessary..

No just you must have done something to windows update to stop it updating your drivers over two years unless you have blocked everything including security updates.

No, I haven't stopped Win10's updates, so you're saying that it aut. update Nvidia graphic drivers? I haven't updated drivers myself, the last 4-5 years, but let me check what driver version I'm actually having right now,...................Speccy says it's v 23.21.13.8813 (for my GEforce 970 gfx card).

For flight sim users (who don't get game optimisations) the main reason to update is to get the latest security updates. There have, apparently, been a number of serious security issues with previous drivers, most of which were resolved in March this year.

The latest performance problem has now been patched: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1108207/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-430-53-released-4-29-19-/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Nvidia have released a hot fix driver 430.53 on the web site or you can pick it up at Guru3D.

Most users complain about W10 auto updating there GPU drivers when windows updates the OS, I have a MSI 960 on my other desktop PC running the latest drivers no problem.

Edited by rjfry

10 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

Why are those fixed drivers not available on Nvidia website?

Hi Tomaz,

Not sure, but P3D v4.5 runs well on 430.53 on updated W10 with OCed 1080 GTX. 

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

For me the 430.53 is the best driver I have had in the last 3 updates Nvidia must have messed up the force is good with this diver.😎

The Hotfix is causing ucrtbase.dll to shutdown PSXseeconTraffic within 10 min after departure 

Going back to the  430.39 drivers ..

iam on 425.31 think i stay to the next, for bench the 419.35 is the best one.

On 5/1/2019 at 6:30 AM, rjfry said:

For me the 430.53 is the best driver I have had in the last 3 updates Nvidia must have messed up the force is good with this diver.😎

Agreed. Best one in a long time.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:30 AM, rjfry said:

I agree with this.  The 430.53 is the best so far.

Stan

On 4/29/2019 at 12:44 PM, jlund said:

Jlund

For modern games 

I'm running 397.64. Every time I try to update drivers I regret it, it has been without fail a disaster. Every. Single. Time. I don't even bother anymore.

I'm using 430.39 without any problems.  I just let nVidia do the automatic install.  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mtr75 said:

I'm running 397.64. Every time I try to update drivers I regret it, it has been without fail a disaster. Every. Single. Time. I don't even bother anymore.

What card do you have? Do you always use the "clean install" advanced option in the driver installer?

Edited by vortex681