Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

@Kaiii3, okay. If that’s for developers are there any utilities available for the end user to view the contents of an AIGFP file?

It’s probably too late to ask but I’ll do it anyway. It would have been useful if this new project could be entirely separate to the existing one. That way I could download plans for specific airlines without compromising my existing setup which took over 3 days to download and install.

I could then just disable the AIG add-on entry and switch to AITC and observe how it operates. Too late I guess but asking doesn’t harm. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I wish I could get one big ZIP file for all AI traffic from AIG (the same way FLAi did) :) I tried AIG AIM OCI 4 times but passed. It takes too long to download and install all selected "airlines" (and sometimes I have to download files manually and then select them to proceed - it often takes a lot of time due to source bandwidth speed limits or just hangs). I fly online only so don't use AI flightplans. I fly between 15 airports only, so I chose in AIG airlines that fly to/from these airports (Wikipedia) only. However people often don't pay attention to real-world destinations used by airlines and it would be nice to get all models and liveries from AIG much easier. Downloading and installing all >1000 airlines is very painful and time-consuming.

Adrian

18 minutes ago, AdiR said:

I wish I could get one big ZIP file for all AI traffic from AIG

Well, altogether the AIG data is now well over 40 Gb. With most of it being binary files I doubt that it would be much small than that even Zipped.

When I first set it up I just did a batch at a time, over a couple of days. One you have them all and check at, say, monthly intervals, it's nice and easy to maintain. Or like Ray you could just freeze it then.

Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

4 hours ago, AdiR said:

I wish I could get one big ZIP file for all AI traffic from AIG (the same way FLAi did) 🙂

This would probably not be feasible due to the restrictions some creators place on their offerings. For example, there are, by my count, 27 aircraft that must be downloaded directly from the creator's sites. Even if AIG wanted to distribute a large bundle, they would have to remove any flight plans that included these aircraft. Equally, some people use 'pay-for' aircraft that would have to be incorporated somehow into the existing BGL/SimObject structure.

That being said, I think Kaiii3 mentioned that AIG is looking at creating a program/package specifically for online-only users. i.e. one that only distributes the aircraft and repaint files. So there may be hope on the horizon for you.

• Like 1

Cheers!

David Haynes

Think I remember all this ability to download and use (if you choose) was free.  I guess we have short memories.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I for one can't wait to get more airline traffic in AIGFP. Getting the traffic on to actual routes and away from direct airport to airport is a fantastic and massive improvement. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

7 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

I for one can't wait to get more airline traffic in AIGFP. Getting the traffic on to actual routes and away from direct airport to airport is a fantastic and massive improvement. 

actual only 2 or 3 airlines are using that at the moment besided the userdefined route for some VFR operators. All other airlines are still point to point xD I really hope to annouce some groundbraking news in the next weeks regarding routes 😉 For now AIGFP flightplnas are more or less a stress test for the current AIGTC Version xD

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

19 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

actual only 2 or 3 airlines are using that at the moment besided the userdefined route for some VFR operators.

Progress is progress, it's still awesome. You guys are doing incredible work.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

the OCI ModelDB got a new update and the first flightplan using the model is already uploaded 🙂 It is something new that has not been provided by OCI yet, but with the "stop" of MATRIX we got asked if we could add something to OCI - so here we are:

The USAF 535th AS operating from PHNL with C-17. The flightplan is AIGFP exclusive, because it uses some features that are not possible with BGL.... Stay tuned for more releases accross all types of AI traffic for OCI in the next weeks ^^

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

On 1/18/2021 at 2:59 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

Fortunately, I've moved on to MSFS and I really don't care anymore what happens on the P3d side of things.

OK, but this thread is about AI traffic, yes? And for decent AI traffic you need Prepar3d, not MSFS.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

57 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

The USAF 535th AS operating from PHNL with C-17

Can’t wait to try this. Thanks Kai!!!

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

OK, but this thread is about AI traffic, yes? And for decent AI traffic you need Prepar3d, not MSFS.

Good job quoting that sentence out of context from a post dated two months ago.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Good job quoting that sentence out of context from a post dated two months ago.

Ah, I didn't realise the thread had been necroed. But was my quote out of context? Here's your full post:

"When AIG announced the new AI schedule format I was excited about the prospect of actually seeing rotorcraft take off and land realistically. But then when they started hinting at eventually replacing the BGL format entirely, I figured that I could always stop using AIG Manager and go back to manually creating AI schedules with AIFP, as painful as that archaic process can be. Fortunately, I've moved on to MSFS and I really don't care anymore what happens on the P3d side of things.

Change is great, but there are always unintended consequences and we are already starting to see some of them with regard to AIG's decision."

How is my original quote out of context? Why is it fortunate that you've "moved on to MSFS"?? It's certainly not fortunate if you want decent AI traffic, whether that is 2 months ago or today!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

In AIGAIM - OCI (P3Dv4/5 only) tab there is Reset SimObjects button. What does it do exactly? It resets but where, how and what for? When shall I use it?

Thanks.