Drumcode

Drzewiecki releases Chicago Airports X

Booom! Go get it! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wonderful! I did see the post on facebook, but didn't actually see it appear on Simmarket yet. Will wait for it to appear there, and then it's an instant purchase for me! Perhaps I'll take a United CS753 for KDEN-KORD this weekend 😄 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

It is on simmarket. 38 euro

Edited by Kevin_28

Purchased...transaction completed normally, but no download link (for me, at least).

12 minutes ago, jodeci said:

Purchased...transaction completed normally, but no download link (for me, at least).

Me too.   

5 euro discount if you previously purchased Chicago City X.

Same here...Successful purchase and no download link. Chicago City X does not require registration number, I just installed it.

Just sent a sales support ticket explaining the issue we are seeing.

I opened one right away, as well.  If their support team is in Germany, not sure whether we'll receive a response at this hour, though.  

Tomorrow there version will be out of date lol:)

Just received a response to my ticket.  Download link is now available.

Looking forward to everyone’s opinion on ord.

Posted (edited)

Same here. Waiting for some of the initial reviews. Been waiting for an updated KORD and tired of waiting on FSDT to finish their version. PBR for GSX seems to be taking priority over O'hare. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Not sure what’s going on with fsdt, but they’ll release when ready. I do like what DD has been doing and each release seems to be better than the last. Chicago was greatly lacking in p3dv4 so I am happy we finally have at least DD quality airports and the city to go with it. 

• Like 1

Curious to see how ORD compares to the outdated FSDT version...

Curious how performance is. This is a pretty demanding area with downtown Chicago and all of the airports nearby.

I'm inbound from DEN to ORD now, will report back if I don't CTD.

If anyone is using this + city scenery in VR would appreciate some feedback.. hesitant to spend the $$ as I suspect performance will be an issue.

It's pretty solid,the performance on final to 10L with the City X was pretty good and the visibility was low due to storms. I need to explore more and I had to use charts because of all this new configuration of runways and taxiways. I knew FSDT's ORD pretty well and was sort of lost here. Like I said, for the first flight in, at night and not exploring much it was great. I will support both DD and FSDT so I'll be getting both.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Same here. Waiting for some of the initial reviews. Been waiting for an updated KORD and tired of waiting on FSDT to finish their version. PBR for GSX seems to be taking priority over O'hare. 

I don't know why this urban legend keeps spreading. The PBR GSX update being late is entirely MY fault because, instead of just taking our old textures and adding the missing metalness, which is what most of the PBR stuff you have seen so far is made, I made the crazy decision of remodeling almost every object, to have a PROPER PBR behavior and detail, and many models in GSX were showing its age. 

O'Hare is made by other people, and the only thing affected *by* it, is that Basel instead has been delayed (we reassigned the guys that work on Basel to O'Hare for the time being), since we'll release O'Hare first, and much sooner than most people expects.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I have the new Chicago X by Drz..   it is awesome. And has amazing details of many buildings.  There is really no performance hits on your computer. Runs something. My only criticism is the buildings are so detailed,  but there is no details on the streets.  Looks like a major city with dirt roads.  But it is a masterpiece

Anyone know which KMDW is netter? Flytampa or Drzewiecki?  Both are powerhouses in the scenery addons

For the Chicago Airports which I did not get yet = I have Flytampa KMDW.  I would like to keep FT KMDW for now.   Is there a way not to install Drzeweicki KMDW with Chicago Airports?

Edited by paulyg123

2 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

For the Chicago Airports which I did not get yet = I have Flytampa KMDW.  I would like to keep FT KMDW for now.   Is there a way not to install Drzeweicki KMDW with Chicago Airports?

Their site states that each of the airports can be selectively disabled, so you should have no problems keeping FlyTampa's KMDW.

Scott

Indeed it is possible, during installation you can choose for each airport which ones you want or not. Finally, Chicago is welcoming again in P3D after so many years of outdated sceneries.

I'll keep my Orbx Meigs Field, just because I love this airport ♥

WOW, FSDreamteam dropped a new video of KORD. What timing. Comments are disabled and all it states is "Very close to release". 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

WOW, FSDreamteam dropped a new video of KORD. What timing. Comments are disabled and all it states is "Very close to release". 

The ground textures look excellent and more accurate than DD's imo and so are the gates, that's from a first glance. Hopefully ADE file is still something that needs to be worked on as their traffic is all over the place. 
ORD used to be my home base airport and I still fly back a lot so I know it inside and out, well sort of. I've also mentioned that I will support both developers no matter what and will choose which version I'll stick with at the end of the day.