Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

17 minutes ago, byork said:

This new sim might have the best eye candy we've ever seen, but that'll get boring after 10 minutes if all  you have is a default plane.

Well based on the video it would seem the Aerosoft Airbus is already in it (it's got Aerosoft's reg etc), there's a very promising looking green line on the navigation display and the FMS has text on it, the E/WD says "NW STRG DISC"; that would mean it would be useable for "proper airline flying" from day one, rather than having to wait 18+ months for the study sim developers to port their stuff (presuming that was even possible) Then again the transponder also shows a code including a 9 so....

@HighTowersStonelance indicated it's been in the works for at least 2-3 years.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

6 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Well based on the video it would seem the Aerosoft Airbus is already in it, there's a very promising looking green line on the navigation display and the FMS has text on it.

Do we actually know that it is the Aerosoft Airbus, are are we just basing that conclusion on wishful thinking? Has Aerosoft actually confirmed, that they have delivered their model for this video?

I'm genuinely curious.

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 minute ago, Anders Bermann said:

Do we actually know that it is the Aerosoft Airbus, are are we just basing that conclusion on wishful thinking? Has Aerosoft actually confirmed, that they have delivered their model for this video?

I'm genuinely curious.

No confirmation by any sources, including Aerosoft that it is their Airbus at this moment in time. 

• Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

2 minutes ago, MattGarner said:

No confirmation by any sources, including Aerosoft that it is their Airbus at this moment in time. 

Hmm.. thanks for that confirmation. 🙂 - I thought as much.

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Without an SDK and the ability to fly without an internet connection it’s a non-starter for me. Outright purchase too. No subscription. It will take years for 3rd party developers to produce the quality aircraft we currently have in P3D even assuming there’s an SDK.

I will stay loyal to L-M. They will respond to this announcement and it could well speed up improvements.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Come on fellows (and ladies), why is it every time MS or any other developer announces something all the flaming arrows immediately start flying?  Haven't we been through this before?

Microsoft Flight took a serious beating before release and it turned out pretty nice for what it was. Dovetail came on board and participated in our discussions and were met with venom. 

Granted, both failed but do you reckon we had something to do with it?  Why would someone keep trying to offer something if they keep getting kicked in the gut?

It's ok to express an opinion either positive or negative but how about waiting until we know something more than a video.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Without an SDK and the ability to fly without an internet connection it’s a non-starter for me. Outright purchase too. No subscription. It will take years for 3rd party developers to produce the quality aircraft we currently have in P3D even assuming there’s an SDK.

What? Where are you getting this from? Nothing has been said about the SDK, it's not a cloud game that requires you to be always online. It doesn't require a subscription.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I will stay loyal to L-M. They will respond to this announcement and it could well speed up improvements.

There has been 0 confirmation on any of this. Let's see what happens. 

• Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

20 minutes ago, Montie said:

Yeah native 8K at high refresh rate will not happen on a console. A $2000 can not run games at 8K neither will a $500 console.

You might want to check what Project Scarlett is, since it has been announced in the same E3 event in which the flight simulator was 🙂

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

@Anders BermannThere are several things that point to Aerosoft having had involvement. The registration that appears in the cockpit is the same one Aerosoft used on theirs. The systems would appear to be more sophisticated than we've ever seen with a default aircraft. Aerosoft said the A330 was delayed because they were working on something secret for another company. Microsoft themselves has said they have worked with industry partners (does that mean sim devs or airframers?).

First of all, we do not have new images of the A330 because modeler Stefan is working on another project. That's one of the things I am not at liberty to speak about. It might come to your sims, but it just as well might not, time will tell. In the timing, it all does not matter a lot as I will explain. The 'not to be named project' is a big deal for us, both in growth for Aerosoft in new ways and also financially. [23 Jan 2019]

Quick update....  The work on the not yet announced project is coming to an end soon and then all modeling resources will be back on the A330 [14 May 2019]

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/138237-aerosoft-a330-professional-preview/page/10/&tab=comments#comment-921944 and https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/138237-aerosoft-a330-professional-preview/page/12/&tab=comments#comment-933795

There is no official confirmation, as you know there is very little information about and Aerosoft would almost certainly be under an NDA. I'm not saying it is just a straight port of their A320 Pro product, but it's likely it implements much of the systems code.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

7 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

What? Where are you getting this from? Nothing has been said about the SDK, it's not a cloud game that requires you to be always online. It doesn't require a subscription.

I’m simply stating what would be acceptable to me and what would not be. No crime in stating that. Even if there is an SDK and no cloud connection it will take years for it to get to the position we now have with P3D. Plus spending a load of money. Will it make you a better pilot? No. Starting afresh simply for eye candy is  not enough for me.

6 minutes ago, MattGarner said:

There has been 0 confirmation on any of this. Let's see what happens. 

See above.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

@Anders BermannThere are several things that point to Aerosoft having had involvement. The registration that appears in the cockpit is the same one Aerosoft used on theirs. Aerosoft said the A330 was delayed because they were working on something secret for another company. Microsoft themselves has said they have worked with industry partners (does that mean sim devs or airframers?). There is no official confirmation, as you know there is very little information about and Aerosoft would almost certainly be under an NDA.

Again. I thought as much!! Zero proof. All conjecture and speculation, no matter how credible, it's still speculation! Please note, that I only said/asked whether or not anyone had confirmed that it was actually the Aerosoft Airbus. I got a reply, saying that there was no confirmation (so all speculation, wishful thinking and conjecture). Your reply here, is confirming for me again, that no-one knows, if it in fact is Aerosoft's model they've used.

It could be or it couldn't... that they whole definition of speculation.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

What did you expect? Details are thin on the ground at the moment. Conjecture and speculation is all we have for the most part!

support1.jpg

If you look through the videos/screenshots, it's clearly ortho based (with what appears to be AI generated autogen). For this to be worldwide coverage, it has to logically be online/streamed only, surely? 

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, byork said:

Agreed, only problem is we could then be looking at a very, very long time before we see stuff from FSLabs, PMDG, etc, who create the addons that actually keep the sim alive.

This new sim might have the best eye candy we've ever seen, but that'll get boring after 10 minutes if all  you have is a default plane.

Without quality addons, this sim will die.

Most certainly there would be a rather strict NDA with this new simulator. So who are we to know that the big hitter developers haven't been involved this whole time? 

Wouldn't that be something, a new sim release with the likes of PMDG among others already a year into development. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?