Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

Microsoft will always have a seat at the flight sim table. They earned it.

That said, I don't expect this to be in any way an evolution or next gen to the original MS Flight Sim versions we all know and love. That team of peoples and ALL their expertise is long gone.

This will likely be MSFlight take two. Run my marketing people who I doubt have any real claim in the fs community!

...oh I am still bitter ain't I?😮

Just my gut feeling....harsh but I stand by it!

Done correctly, it is a good thing for the broader fs community for sure if it provides a welcome door for new folks .

Polished adverts are what they are...little more and faith is lost.

Buyer beware

Jack

Edited by JackWall
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, byork said:

It would be very nice if this new sim was backwards compatible with the previous SDKs, but I highly suspect it won't be.

No. Just no. This is the reason we have been stuck where we are since 1998. I get the small part-time indie studio developer community thing and it’s expensive to develop but just no.  

Simmers need to learn to pay for upgrades on good add ons and developers need to learn to upgrade good add-ons. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, DaWu said:

People who don’t want to pay 1500€ for a PC buy a console to play AAA games.

PC gaming is mostly hardcore gamers. We will see but I rather stop gaming then accept streaming and lose control about everything and deal with all the negative aspects it brings

result of a very recent study from a global provider for game and e-sports analytics:

• The Ultimate Gamer (13%) — You love nothing more than spending all your money and free time on games.
  • The All-Around Enthusiast (9%) — You live a balanced gaming life in your playing, viewing, and buying habits.
  • The Cloud Gamer (19%) — You're most likely an early adopter of game streaming services and will only spend money on hardware when necessary.
  • The Conventional Player (4%) — You own tons of gaming hardware and would rather spend your time playing games than watching other people play games.
  • The Hardware Enthusiast (9%) — You keep up with all the latest hardware trends and probably have a $5,000 extreme-build rig with RGB lighting everywhere.
  • The Popcorn Gamer (13%) — You don't play games all that much, but you like watching others play.
  • The Backseat Viewer (6%) — You used to game a lot, but you got older and life happened, so you get your kicks from watching esports and people play other games.
  • The Time Filler (27%) — You play games to pass the time, when you have time, and you rarely touch a PC game.

Doent look like "mostly hardcore gamers" to me....

Full article: https://www.pcgamer.com/research-says-casual-and-hardcore-no-longer-accurately-describe-todays-gamers/

5 minutes ago, Woozie said:

result of a very recent study from a global provider for game and e-sports analytics:

Doent look like "mostly hardcore gamers" to me....

Full article: https://www.pcgamer.com/research-says-casual-and-hardcore-no-longer-accurately-describe-todays-gamers/

This looks like gaming in general (including consoles) than pc gamer only

Lukas Dalton

I was one of the users that filled in a Microsoft feedback a year ago and funnily it ended up about flight sim how I use it and how often, the insider programme is now live if you want to test and give feedback Fselite has a link.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

8 minutes ago, DaWu said:

This looks like gaming in general (including consoles) than pc gamer only

Its an article from.....PC Gamer

Cloud based, huh?

Not enthused about that.

I'm one of the hundreds of thousands burned when games for windows marketplace went away, leaving people unable to access products purchased in good faith.

And Steam kept saying talk to microsoft and Microsoft kept saying talk to Steam

I sat for years while Microsoft stonewalled and gave people the runaround on what was happening, and kept promising to get back to all those customers before simply walking away.

Did I mention not enthused?

Microsoft has too consistent a history of dropping stuff and wandering off.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, BillCusick said:

I reckon MS lost much respect since Bill left the company. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he has a hand in this decision to return to flight simulation...after all he was a fan of Flight Simulator.

+

1 hour ago, DaWu said:

There is no gaming market for this and the Xbox version will sell maybe 10 copies at all, worldwide. 

I pray MS knows that and we are getting a real hardcore sim indeed.

You guys are giving too much value to few hundred flight sim enthusiasts like we are. Do you really think a billion dollar company cares about few hundred people? And DaWu, you seem to be clueless about the market behind  gaming on console, but even on PC.

1 hour ago, panagiotist said:

Xbox support might not be that bad. With a recent update, keyboard and mouse are supported on the console. What if this Flight Simulator can run on the new xbox just like it can run on a PC? What if addons are supported on Xbox as well?

It isn't bad at all. New engines are running on both platforms, especially when it's about Microsoft.
And about the xbox not being powerful enough, well, the new one coming in 2020 can run games at 8k res at 120fps apparently, has a SSD and fast memory.

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

There will be millions gamers out there that will be exposed to flight sim it will never catch on.

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

MS releases this new MSFS, beautifully subscription and DLC based for our $$$. Shortly after, FSX, FSX-SE and FS9 stop functioning on the Win 10 platform.

How much you all trust MS???

Mark Daniels

4 minutes ago, Skywatcher said:

MS releases this new MSFS, beautifully subscription and DLC based for our $$$. Shortly after, FSX, FSX-SE and FS9 stop functioning on the Win 10 platform.

Well I wouldn't trust your conspiracy theories. Also, I wouldn't expect expect a piece of software that came out in 2003 to run on an operating system that came out in 2015 and you shouldn't either. 

But yes I doubt that will happen very much so - Unless there was a good reason for those products to stop working if they already did work on Windows 10.

Let's just wait and see what this new Flight Simulator is all about before everyone jumps on the band wagon and say it will just be like MS Flight and subscriptions all over the place eh?

Edited by MattGarner
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Looks like the fun police are out in force to p*ss on everyone's chips in this thread.

I will get excited about the *potential* that Microsoft has shown in the video. It looks miles ahead of anything we currently have in any sim and Microsoft will have done their research on how to muscle in on LM, LR and IPACS.

If it plays like a game like Flight and is not a sim, if there is an expensive subscription model, or if there's a requirement for a super fast internet connection at all times to stream world scenery, then I can see people being put off and not buying in.

Given that very little is confirmed at this point, why speculate wildly guess at all the possible gloom and doom? If the reality doesn't match the promise, then complain. 
In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the trailer for what it is, maybe the start of something very exciting.

microsoft-flight-simulator.jpg 

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 17

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 minutes ago, Skywatcher said:

🙄

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

7 minutes ago, Skywatcher said:

First they came for FSX, and I did not speak out---

• Like 2