Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

Gentlemen??  Please keep the comments "family oriented"  Notice that I eliminated several remarks and quotes of "said remark".

Maybe "Nighttime Florida Native American confession" would do as a substitute?:blink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Can't wait for them to throw us the next set of breadcrumbs, then we'll have another 52 pages 😛

I would love to see a pinned thread in this forum that only contains real information with source. As of now the video and the two interviews. And only valid information to be posted in it in the future, including link to the source, no speculation allowed and no videos or blogs unless they are from Microsoft themselves.

Best regards

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

LORBY-SI

14 minutes ago, Motormike said:

AS = Aces Studio is more plausible than Aerosoft 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aces_Game_Studio

Wikipedia says they dissolved.  I tend to believe the simplest answer that it's random, but it's more fun to jump into the speculation theories of fonts, surreptitious statements in the AS forums and such. 

1 minute ago, Lorby_SI said:

I would love to see a pinned thread in this forum that only contains real information with source. As of now the video and the two interviews. And only valid information to be posted in it in the future, including link to the source, no speculation allowed and no videos or blogs unless they are from Microsoft themselves.

Best regards

Excellent proposal. Not a substitute for the present thread, but extremely helpful for those with a little less spare time.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

8 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Best regards

Excellent idea, I’d add links to the official declarations of the major developers. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, domkle said:

Excellent idea, I’d add links to the official declarations of the major developers. 

That’s a different thread, as they are all speculating also and just their fart in the wind opinions aren’t any more relevant than anybody else’s right now. 

Quite frankly, and I’m not going to name any names because it’s impolite, I’m ready to move on from certain developers that have had way too much presence and sway over the past years - and acted like it. 

Edited by irrics
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Dude. Why are you stating things that are not true? No where has it been stated that this is coming to the current XBOX ONE!! For crying out loud! Contrarily, it has been stated that it is coming to PC FIRST, and XBOX later. If you use some logic, by "later", that would likely be the next console system to be released by Microsoft-NOT the current XBOX ONE

Dude! Leave this thread and go look at stuff! The Xbox site just may be more accurate than this thread. No, I'm not kidding! The info out there really tells you lots of stuff, you just gotta leave this thread!

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/microsoft-flight-simulator

Edited by Skywatcher
  • Upvote 1

Mark Daniels

3 minutes ago, Skywatcher said:

Dude! Leave this thread and go look at stuff! The Xbox site just may be more accurate than this thread. No, I'm not kidding! The info out there really tells you lots of stuff, you just gotta leave this thread!

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/microsoft-flight-simulator

To be fair the, Xbox one thing was added recently…

I saw that reported in a few different places

That could also change.

I could see them trying to be careful here to not totally nuke console sales for the next year and a half with too many new game proclamations about “only for next gen”

Edited by irrics

10 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Best regards

Absolutely right!

:ohmy:

Bah Humbug!

Away with all this ridiculous unfounded exuberance and enthusiasm for nothing but a game that causes unproductive people to pretend they are flying real airplanes! Let's get serious and only refer to stuff that requires disciplined concentrated consternation!

:smile:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, irrics said:

To be fair the, Xbox one thing was added recently… I saw that reported in a few different places

There is lots of stuff being added everywhere. I was trying to share information from post 3 or 4 but people are too busy creating fantasy land to listen. I'm so done with FS forums! lol

Edited by Skywatcher

Mark Daniels

41 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Haha, fair enough, and for the record, I own a very nice yoke and rudder pedals I just can't be bothered to get them out all the time so I often have to make do. 

I guess I was trying to make the point that high-end simming comes in a lot of different ways and the Xbox and/or controller is not the limiting factor so it shouldn't be assumed that b/c the word "console" is involved in this new sim doesn't mean it's all arcade.  I love to learn about procedures and how pilots handle failures, I love complex approach procedures, and I can "study" all of those with the top level realism that P3D offers using a simple set up.

Whatever you're the most comfortable with is the right way to go. I generally fly SEP as I do real world so I have things set up (Saitek throttle and yoke and rudder pedals) as they are in the real airplane at the correct place in relation to my body.

As irrics says it's to promote muscle memory for actions, etc.

I hope this new sim has Track IR capability (it should have) as that's become pretty much indispensable as well.

Edited by Guest

50 minutes ago, irrics said:

Not to mention there are so many of us that I don’t think really love the whole dealing with upgrading your computer all the time and tweaking and making it all perform well.

I would much rather spend all my time actually in the simulator and leave all that performance nonsense to the platform vendor   

Of course the downside is the way consoles update themselves. I finally gave up on my PS3 because every time I managed to find an hour or so to play a game, it would need to update. First the PS3 OS, and then the game itself. By the time it finished, I had other things that needed doing.

As a very oldschool (as in, Atari 2600) gamer, the whole advantage of consoles used to be that you stuck a cartridge in, hit the power switch, and were *immediately* in the game. No updates, no long load times, no game-breaking updates. Those days are sadly long gone. From that standpoint, might as well game on a PC and have it be useful for other things as well.

Those were also the days of exhaustive playtesting by the company before release, because you weren't going to get away with releasing a buggy pile of junk and then applying 600 patches over the next few months/years to fix stuff. That was nice, too. I didn't realize at the time how much I enjoyed *not* being a beta tester who paid for the privilege.

1 minute ago, Skywatcher said:

There is lots of stuff being added everywhere. I was trying to share information from post 3 or 4 but people are too busy creating fantasy land to listen. I'm so done with FS forums! lol

Deep breaths my friend, we are all just excited.

If it’s too much for you to handle and you need to depart I totally understand 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, eslader said:

Of course the downside is the way consoles update themselves. I finally gave up on my PS3 because every time I managed to find an hour or so to play a game, it would need to update.

Lol

Is there anything we can find to not complain or worry about possibly?

I understand what you’re saying as I also still have a PS3 actually but this is so low on my list of concerns.

If the game can look like the teaser and perform amazing, I’ll take an update every time it loads if I need to.

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

I honestly don’t care to silence anybody, I just don’t understand why it’s necessary to come in and rain on the parade if you are not into it. 

I mean my God it’s exciting to have something new happening in this space that I think most of us thought was dead or flatlined at least for the most part.

• Like 3