Sign in to follow this  
nonflyingdutchman

pc or xbox??

My PC is "built for Flight Simulation" by Jetline.  It's fantastic, and I would NEVER resort to Xbox to do a true simulation.

Stan

ps.  AND I do have an Xbox ONE

Edited by spilok
  • Upvote 1

I will definitely be running it on a PC.  I've already bought the best I could afford.

But my daughter in law has an XBox, might upgrade to the new one, may end up with Game Pass, and I might be able to check out the new sim on her system.  

But I'll be running it on a PC.

She plays stuff like Minecraft.  She's about 40 years old.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

When it comes to consoles, my family had a ColecoVision back in the 80s when I was a kid, I haven't touched one since.  So PC all the way as far as I'm concerned...although I'm still on Windows 8...

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

4 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

When it comes to consoles, my family had a ColecoVision back in the 80s when I was a kid, I haven't touched one since.  So PC all the way as far as I'm concerned...although I'm still on Windows 8...

Colecovision! I remember buying one of those for our kid. Donkey Kong was good, but Zaxxon was the big hit in the family.

If you're still on Windows 8, you really, seriously need to upgrade to Win10. Not just for yourself, but to prevent your computer from harming everyone else here, if it's taken over by as a malware farm because support is dropped. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

We will be on the PC because that's what we have, but the future I suspect will be different £500 XBOX or £2000 PC 5-6 years from now things could change.

PS remember years ago the desktop PC would die out it was said but gaming stopped that things could change in the future, this could be the threat to the gaming PC only time will tell.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Well for me upgrading hardware every so often isn't an option financially so hence the interest to switch to xbox.

Plus this way I'll spend more time flying instead of tweaking the pc as I did the past decades😭 

On a sidenote; I haven't seen crazy improvements in the pc departement.

• Like 1

When I started Flight simming I was just a kid and I had all the time in the world to tweak all the little settings and upgrade my PC every once in a while. Now I'm a doctor and I'd prefer to have MSFS2020 on an Xbox that would just work, while supporting joysticks, add-ons (via an integrated store?) and maybe ultrawide screens/VR.

So for me, the Xbox is the way forward...

Edited by panagiotist
  • Like 1

Don't be surprised if in 18 month you see optimised streaming PC`s being offered by suppliers in the market.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

Whats the difference between a PC and a box  ? Both are computers, the only thing is that you can’t select your initial components in a box and cannot upgrade down the line ? PC for me ! I like the hardware flexibility.

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, domkle said:

Whats the difference between a PC and a box  ? Both are computers, the only thing is that you can’t select your initial components in a box and cannot upgrade down the line ? PC for me ! I like the hardware flexibility.

For some being able to run the new sim and not have to upgrade they will see that as a bonus, if you run a flight sim PC.

Raymond Fry.

I think it has been established already on this forum - one is for kids with goldfish attention spans who like shooting things, the other is for boring old men with too much time on their hands. 

12 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

he other is for boring old men with too much time on their hands. 

who also like shooting things ; dragons or supermutants, you name it we shoot it

Sometihng that many want to ignore is that it is the baby boomer generation who invented the videogame. We are in our 70's, still shooting, thank you very much.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I would love to play a decent first person exploration and discovery game again (with some shooting). The problem I see these days is that there is too much shooting in these games, and not enough opportunities to enjoy wandering around detailed landscapes, and just immersing myself in a believable virtual world. I also prefer to play through games of this type alone. No squads or AI companions. I want to be able to play through the game at my own pace, without having to worry about anyone else.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

41 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I would love to play a decent first person exploration and discovery game again (with some shooting). The problem I see these days is that there is too much shooting in these games, and not enough opportunities to enjoy wandering around detailed landscapes, and just immersing myself in a believable virtual world. I also prefer to play through games of this type alone. No squads or AI companions. I want to be able to play through the game at my own pace, without having to worry about anyone else.

May I suggest  an excellent survival game in the Great North where the main ennemies are the cold and a dearth or ressources. You have to  kill  a bear and wolves here and there, snare rabbits but this not the main thrust. You've to survive.  There are several maps and challenges. No zombie, no monster. You, the bears, the wolves , the rabbits and the cold. Some canned food of dubious sanitary quality too.

If you go and have a look at Steam don't be fooled by the graphics. They are outdated but the gameplay is very good. First rate support with substantial upgrades from time time.

6,24 € on sale 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/305620/The_Long_Dark/

EDIT deers and moose too. No other human than  you which is quite reconforting after a session on the forums 😈.

Edited by domkle

Dominique