Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

Screenshot comparison - FSX vs FS2020

On 7/12/2019 at 5:42 PM, vortex681 said:

I would say that it's possible but definitely not conclusive. There are plenty of good volumetric cloud simulations about - here are just a few:

https://youtu.be/8Aeyafaz7Jo

https://youtu.be/v4cu349VTlw

https://youtu.be/yNiCl6h6icc

https://youtu.be/rkSBIx_rZjc

I agree that it could possibly be something else that just looks similar. I think Trusky just makes the most sense given that DTG was already in the middle of implementing it. But I stand by the statement that it's conclusive they are volumetric, if for no other reason than the trailer includes a scene coming out of the clouds and they are clearly volumetric. Same with all the fog. That's not 2D textures.

I'm not even sure why that guy wants to argue about. As if MS is going to go through the trouble of all the major graphical upgrades, including a full global lighting system, but then stick with 2D sprites for clouds. Come on, no one can believe that's even remotely a possibility.

Edited by bonchie
  • Upvote 1

Sorry but my opinion is that the differences are barely visible, often I ask to myself, which one is the most recent ? I couldn't decide if I wasn't aware 

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Mark II said:

Sorry but my opinion is that the differences are barely visible, often I ask to myself, which one is the most recent ? I couldn't decide if I wasn't aware 

Wha!?  Really?

What about the shot out the right side window of downtown San Francisco heading towards the bay bridge?

That is particularly amazing when comparing the two. 

2 hours ago, irrics said:

Wha!?  Really?

Some people (not just on AVSIM, especially elsewhere) are so negative about the sim it seems they are getting personal with this. Logically, there's literally not a single reason to talk this sim down. All that we know so far looks very promising. It may fail, it may succeed. If it fails, we are still where we are at this point. That would be disappointing but we won't lose anything.

No offense but when someone says they can barely spot the difference between FSX/P3D and the trailer and screenshots of MSFS I can't help but think there's some kind of agenda.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 5

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

@threegreen

Totally agree with you.

That’s why I don’t understand people posting things similar to “P3D/XP does everything I need” 

Great! — go enjoy!

Why are you even reading and posting about MSFS2020 then?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Some people (not just on AVSIM, especially elsewhere) are so negative about the sim it seems they are getting personal with this. Logically, there's literally not a single reason to talk this sim down. All that we know so far looks very promising. It may fail, it may succeed. If it fails, we are still where we are at this point. That would be disappointing but we won't lose anything.

No offense but when someone says they can barely spot the difference between FSX/P3D and the trailer and screenshots of MSFS I can't help but think there's some kind of agenda.

I know right? It would seem the some need to get their eyes checked lol

And then we had this

20190727_07594933kbb.jpg

All in fun guys :wink:

• Like 4

LOL 😀

Of course I am available for critics, after all, forums are nice just because there are several opinions which might differ one from each another.

Told that, looking at those screenshots, you have to think about a Mc Donald burger adv. When you eat one for real, is such burgher shaped and colored the same of the one painted into the adv pictures ? 

Same here, pls do not expect few super selected shots to represent the product, it is written also on every Super store product package !!! 

Edited by Guest

On 7/30/2019 at 3:43 PM, skully said:

I know right? It would seem the some need to get their eyes checked lol

And then we had this

20190727_07594933kbb.jpg

All in fun guys :wink:

Best post I've seen since i joined lol

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

17 minutes ago, Krakin said:

What are you on about? I'm gonna enjoy roasting the hell out of you when you're proven very wrong lol

I have just been warned by admins  to stop be pessimistic, this forum must be positive by definition so I can’t answer anymore sorry.

MSFS will be a success and a simulator

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, Mark II said:

I have just been warned by admins  to stop be pessimistic

Thank you thank you thank you, Admins!!

Mark:  This is not just about you, there has been far too much unwarranted negativity.  You're just the only one to mention being warned. Stick around. I'm sure you'll have useful things to add.

Hook

• Like 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

26 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Thank you thank you thank you, Admins!!

Mark:  This is not just about you, there has been far too much unwarranted negativity.  You're just the only one to mention being warned. Stick around. I'm sure you'll have useful things to add.

Hook

This is not about being pessimistic or not, an obligation to praise the forthcoming sim. A good debate needs arguments on both sides, pros and cons, but peremptory declarations (negative or positive) without anythingt to back them up are not arguments. 

• Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam