Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Captainsim L1011 Released for P3Dv4

I'm with you.
Handling characteristics, armchair flightsim pilots cannot appreciate because 99% never flew the bird.

However, the performance and tables and figures in the manuals, anybody can do test flights and check the relevance.

When the manual announces a FL350 as ceiling at X weight and weather conditions and you can blast through FL370 at 2000ft/min in the same condition in the sim... the FDE is definitely off.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

On 7/22/2019 at 6:00 AM, LH340fan said:

It's too bad that most armchair pilots really think that it isn't bad and flies ok since it doesn't even remotely resemble a Tristar.

LOL..and how many hours do you have in a real tristar? ATP? Type rating? Speaking of armchair pilots! Yes, i happen to be a real world pilot as well..hence why i dont put much stock into a pc simulator to begin with. 

alternatively, there is a modified aircraft.cfg and air file for the 32 bit version that works on the 64 bit. it makes the control more responsive and less draggy. you can find the file on captain sim forum in the 32 bit l1011 general discussion section

Having never bought the 32 bit i just bought the 64 bit L1011. And i'd have to say its pretty good visually. I'm not an expert in the L1011 so i cant say if systems are realistic, but it's great visually.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:37 PM, odourboy said:

If CS is listening, I'll go $20 for a P3D upgrade.😄

I think they did listen 🙂

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Does the 777 have a true 2d cockpit?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

5 hours ago, FPStewy said:

I think they did listen 🙂

I believe you're right! 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

So is this even worth $20? Are there any updates? Can it even follow a VOR now?

2 hours ago, JasonPC said:

Same question.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

2 hours ago, JasonPC said:

If your best plane in your stables is the default fsx 757 port then yes, if you have every plane from the PMDG, majestic or FSLabs catalog then no.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

On 7/21/2019 at 4:38 PM, regis9 said:

I find the negative discussion about the L1011 itself odd as i thought it was one of CaptainSim’s better regarded releases?

This is what I heard also.. I bought it last night and was not impressed. Sure the model looks good, but flight dynamics were not the best and turning on the lights kills the frame rate. But hey for $20 bucks its ok, 

I will say if you don't have the CS777 you better get over and pick it up. Far better in every way. And simply stunning to look at. 

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Here are some figures and operating procedures here : http://freechecklists.net/Resources/Lockheed/L1011+1_50_100/

Useful informations can be found like EPR settings and landing speeds. Still could not get my hands on take off vspeeds yet. Anyone ?

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

There's a v1 gauge in the file library here that provides v-speeds etc.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 7/21/2019 at 11:43 AM, Reader said:

Presumably Matt Davies, despite his appearance, has accumulated thousands of hours flying the Lockheed TriStar

in the real world and is therefore the ultimate authority?

Lol, that’s a lot of hours since he claims he just started real world training in March.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator