Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

August 8th Development Update - Dev Roadmap Preview Coming Aug 15

dev-roadmap-header2.jpg

AUGUST!

The team is excited to move into the next phase of communication with the community regarding our development plans. As we mentioned in our July 25th update, August is about setting expectations regarding our development process through launch. September is about defining how we will involve the community in that process.

Here is our current schedule for August:

• AUGUST 15th – Insider Program Kickoff (preview of Development Roadmap Release)
  • AUGUST 22nd – Development Roadmap Release (General Release)
  • AUGUST 29th – Build Program Kickoff

But wait there’s more!

One of the most important topics we see being discussed in the community is WHEN we plan to start talking about the project. You want the information, the team wants to share this information, so where exactly IS the information? It’s coming. The challenge with creating a transparent development process built on collaboration is that we have to work on the foundation for delivering that information before doing so. With that said, we will be kicking off our Feature Exploration Series in the fall where we will be working closely with the community to walk-through the next iteration of Microsoft Flight Simulator in granular detail.

But wait there’s more!

That said, because we understand the importance of this topic to the community, the team is working hard to adjust the schedule to see what information we can share earlier than currently planned. In our August 15th update, we will provide more clarity on where we at in the process.

Insiders! DRR preview release in t-minus 7 days…

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

https://www.flightsimulator.com/august-8th-2019-development-update/

• Like 1

Brandon Filer

Created a separate topic to discuss the secondary update from today as to not clutter the FSX-specific topic.

Brandon Filer

In the Develop Update (the second 8/8 update), the MFS team stated:

The team is working hard to adjust the schedule to see what information we can share earlier than currently planned. In our August 15th update, we will provide more clarity on where we at in the process.

As for me I would love to see either some screenshots or videos of the Current State Sim. I would also like to know what non-photogrammetry areas will look like.

What do other members of the community think would be good for the MFS team to show us or provide information on?

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I have to be honest I’m not sure this needs a thread. 

They said almost nothing there

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, irrics said:

I have to be honest I’m not sure this needs a thread. 

They said almost nothing there

But... but... they gave us a new date to build anticipation for! Genius-level marketing, I tell 'ya.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 minute ago, Paraffin said:

But... but... they gave us a new date to build anticipation for! Genius-level marketing, I tell 'ya.

lol

Yeah - no kidding..

They should really do updates less frequently if the "updates" are going to be essentially nothing.

Hopefully that trend changes once the Insider stuff gets going soon.

First of all MS..why are you waisting time on FSX ??, that's old everything, been there done that over 10 years ago, if we want a updated FSX there's P3D, we want you all focused on the NEW Microsoft Flight Simulator, devote your resources to the new sim, give us development in game pics, audio, video, pics of the in development UI, ask us what's needed, what could be made better etc. all for the NEW MS Flight Simulator.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This whole mess is thanks to marketing people social science etc kind of bs that big companies recruit and they gave useless stupid ideas

From the moment they released the trailer the developers should be free to talk to anyone about the project about anything there is no need to have a complex plan , hiding stuff until certain date etc. Totally idiotic

• Like 1

Some of the post pertaining to FSX are just hilarious; especially the ones that decipher every word.  Come on, this is marketing 101; FSX is a possible competitor to the new Flt Sim, especially if it sells for a nominal price.  To that end, some perspective consumers might be compelled to buy that software vice a new sim, which will cost much more.  If you have the ability to control potential competing software, you would be crazy not to do so. I highly double MS is simply going to produce an update to FSX....

Also, MS is doing everything right; yet, some still feel the need to take shots at them.  I'd like to take this opportunity to thank MS for their updates and look forward to them reentering the space; in short, keep doing what you're doing...it's much appreciated!  

Edited by kingm56
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 7

Matt King

They did give us this:  Insiders! DRR preview release in t-minus 7 days…

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

2 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Some of the post .... especially the ones that decipher every word

You must be new here..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cepact said:

This whole mess is thanks to marketing people social science etc kind of bs that big companies recruit and they gave useless stupid ideas

From the moment they released the trailer the developers should be free to talk to anyone about the project about anything there is no need to have a complex plan , hiding stuff until certain date etc. Totally idiotic

You have know idea what you're talking about!  Every corporation in a capitalist society employs very similar tactics; it's absolutely ludicrous for ANY company to tip their hand or expose ideas/business practices months before releasing a product.  To do so gives competition a mechanism to develop a competing product; heck, even PMDG refuses to talk about the NG3 for the exact reasons.  Before calling them 'idiotic', you may want to educate yourself on standard business practices....

Edited by kingm56
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Matt King

4 minutes ago, irrics said:

You must be new here..

10 years before you...

• Like 2

Matt King

4 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

10 years before you...

It was a joke..

Ironically I had a different account here way in the past also...  

Had to start fresh - lost the credentials and the old email address after a long time away.

Edited by irrics
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

You know idea what you're talking about!  Every corporation in a capitalist society employs very similar tactics; it's absolutely ludicrous for ANY company to tip their hand or expose ideas/business practices months before releasing a product.  To do so gives competition a mechanism to develop a competing product; heck, even PMDG refuses to talk about the NG3 for the exact reasons.  Before calling them 'idiotic', you may want to educate yourself on standard business practices....

Tell us how you really feel!  lol