Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

August 8th Development Update - Dev Roadmap Preview Coming Aug 15

17 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Didn't judge anyone; simply responding to a question.  Your 30 years is impressive considering AVSIM has only been around for 22 ish...

BTW, do you see the irony of your post? 

Was not directed at you, I meant to quote the one that you replied to who said you must be new here. And yes, 30 years should have been 20.

41 minutes ago, CarlHill said:

you must be new here.

That was me and it was simply a joke

(as I stated in a subsequent post)

The announcement of an update and the date of release is just another tub of petrol waiting on a match. Guess what. These forums are the match.

This is very much like a kindergarten class where "We want it now", "I don't like that", "I want this", "I'm not going to take a nap", "We better get this or else".

I just enjoy sitting back and watching the fire. (As long as it doesn't get out of control) . 😂

• Like 14
  • Upvote 3

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

6 hours ago, 188AHC said:

The announcement of an update and the date of release is just another tub of petrol waiting on a match. Guess what. These forums are the match.

This is very much like a kindergarten class where "We want it now", "I don't like that", "I want this", "I'm not going to take a nap", "We better get this or else".

I just enjoy sitting back and watching the fire. (As long as it doesn't get out of control) . 😂

True enough.  Every new big release.  Same script

• Like 1

15 hours ago, busdriver said:

It's a very big part of my life as well, and has been since the 1980's. However, the amount of anger, vitriol and meanness that has been displayed over what is simply a "game" on a PC is very concerning.  

Very much agreed! 

But to be honest, I don't think, that it has anything to do (not directly at least) with Flight Simulator. It's a general (and quite frankly) frightening tendency, that seems to develop and pop-up on more and more forums and social media sites. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

15 hours ago, busdriver said:

It's a very big part of my life as well, and has been since the 1980's. However, the amount of anger, vitriol and meanness that has been displayed over what is simply a "game" on a PC is very concerning.  

The first release I « watched » at Avsim was Fly!2 in 2002 ( I think). It was not any different if not worse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

23 hours ago, domkle said:

The first release I « watched » at Avsim was Fly!2 in 2002 ( I think). It was not any different if not worse.

Always exciting times.  

On 8/10/2019 at 2:02 AM, domkle said:

I had an old Avsim account that I guess was eventually lost/deleted. That era was very exciting. MSFS, Pro Pilot, Flight Unlimited, and my personal favorite, Fly! My soft spot was always for Fly! The interaction with the Richard Harvey and development team was always great. 

I don’t know if we’ll ever see that level of interaction again, but it is nice to know the MS team is looking at feedback on this forum.

• Like 1

Chris

If only Microsoft were based in Australia we'd already have the next instalment of information released. :loading:

3 hours ago, YMMB said:

If only Microsoft were based in Australia we'd already have the next instalment of information released. :loading:

And it wouldn't work 😄

Hopefully todays update will give us some candy to the wall of text we will get. Some candy in form of new pictures or a small video 😉

Lukas Dalton

17 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Hopefully todays update will give us some candy to the wall of text we will get. Some candy in form of new pictures or a small video 😉

I honestly do not expect much today. Just an update on the schedule. I was so disappointed with the content of the latest updates that my expectations are very low.

I think if they want to reveal deep information, then in front of a large audience and not small updates. That would be eg Gamescom. Who knows?

Edited by Pitbull2504
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pitbull2504 said:

I honestly do not expect much today. Just an update on the schedule. I was so disappointed with the content of the latest updates that my expectations are very low.

I think if they want to reveal deep information, then in front of a large audience and not small updates. That would be eg Gamescom. Who knows?

Well, they already told us what to expect. I never was an insider before so I don t know the aspect of it but in substance we will get: preview of the roadmap, preview of first build deliverable, and in-sim content.

Why would you expect less than what they said? Last time, they didn t tell us what to expect exept something about FSX, now we know what it will be about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pitbull2504 said:

Yeah my gut feeling is the same.  I'm glad Microsoft is talking regularly and paying attention to the community, but it doesn't seem like they are ready or willing to dive deep with the information releasing just yet.  I'm expecting a slow gradual trickle of info over the next few months rather than any one big awesome revealing update.

Today I expect a small preview of the roadmap being released next week.  An update on a later update ironically enough, but that's all.

I am expecting them to open up the insider site. I am expecting it to be minimalist with the preview development roadmap. They may have the forums open. They might have some teaser images. I think they are just kicking off this process and are planning on building it up over time.