Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

August 8th Development Update - Dev Roadmap Preview Coming Aug 15

I see this as a summary from what they stated 2 weeks ago, they just didn't want to write everything another time.

Maybe I am an optimistic guy, and I know i am, but I don't think they can already afford not to deliver what they said.

In 6 days we'll know 😉

14 hours ago, jymp said:

First of all MS..why are you waisting time on FSX ??, that's old everything, been there done that over 10 years ago, if we want a updated FSX there's P3D, we want you all focused on the NEW Microsoft Flight Simulator, devote your resources to the new sim, give us development in game pics, audio, video, pics of the in development UI, ask us what's needed, what could be made better etc. all for the NEW MS Flight Simulator.

I think that is obvious, there are still many FSX users and fans. And to now know that MS will be re-supporting it must feel like all of their Christmas's have come at once.

14 hours ago, cepact said:

This whole mess is thanks to marketing people social science etc kind of bs that big companies recruit and they gave useless stupid ideas

From the moment they released the trailer the developers should be free to talk to anyone about the project about anything there is no need to have a complex plan , hiding stuff until certain date etc. Totally idiotic

I don't see a mess? Other than what is conjured in the minds of people. I think the roll out has been very successful to date. We have been shown a taste of what's to come and have been given fairly frequent updates and time scales. And, if you joined MS Insider, also looking forward to getting your hands on an early development build.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

This thread reads like the upcoming 13 hour road trip I’m about to take with my 3 kids in the back. “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?”

”Are we there yet? Are we there yet?...”

• Like 3

Chris

1 minute ago, snglecoil said:

This thread reads like the upcoming 13 hour road trip I’m about to take with my 3 kids in the back. “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?”

”Are we there yet? Are we there yet?...”

Amen... Some of us need to develop a life outside of flight sim

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

I think that is obvious, there are still many FSX users and fans. And to now know that MS will be re-supporting it must feel like all of their Christmas's have come at once.

I don't see a mess? Other than what is conjured in the minds of people. I think the roll out has been very successful to date. We have been shown a taste of what's to come and have been given fairly frequent updates and time scales. And, if you joined MS Insider, also looking forward to getting your hands on an early development build.

I agree with the naysayers you quoted.  They release a very polished trailer and then talk about FSX and taking over fsx-se and then the  development of a new flight simulator.  The trailer is a hoax?? The community wants it released. Well at least I do. They can work on supporting fsx and taking over fsx-se somewhere else. 

• Like 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

25 minutes ago, busdriver said:

Amen... Some of us need to develop a life outside of flight sim

I don't feel like that is a fair comment.  People are simply discussing their honest reactions to yesterday's update in this thread, whether the feelings are good or bad.  Many of us are passionate and excited about the new sim on the horizon and we want Microsoft to hit a home run, so I think it's reasonable for many to have a less than enthusiastic reaction to reading about plans for FSX rather than any info or media about FS2020.

For many of us aviation is a very large part of our lives, both real and virtual.

• Like 3

Hi Folks,

For me - all the hype and slathering at the bit - is just reminiscent of every other shiny bauble that's ever been tossed down these hallowed halls - the new sim is already expected to be - the second coming - the be all end all -  the mother of all sims - deja vu anyone ? LOL - while we don't know very much - it's setting an impossible standard for MS to achieve and it's setting yourself up for disappointment... Heck - I hope it does push the bar higher - for me - I'm pretty happy with what I have - I'm luke warm on what I've seen - and - I hope they take their time an do it right...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

13 minutes ago, Mengy said:

I don't feel like that is a fair comment.  People are simply discussing their honest reactions to yesterday's update in this thread, whether the feelings are good or bad.  Many of us are passionate and excited about the new sim on the horizon and we want Microsoft to hit a home run, so I think it's reasonable for many to have a less than enthusiastic reaction to reading about plans for FSX rather than any info or media about FS2020.

For many of us aviation is a very large part of our lives, both real and virtual.

It's a very big part of my life as well, and has been since the 1980's. However, the amount of anger, vitriol and meanness that has been displayed over what is simply a "game" on a PC is very concerning.  

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

I hope MS realise they’re not dealing with Call of Duty type people.

we are serious people that use serious hardware. Costing serious money.

So, on the next update there needs to be some meat on the bone.

Not sure if this was serious, but ughgh 

the slightly mischievous part of me desperately wants MS to release this sim with an unbelievably good flight model and generational graphics etc, but force the player to have sonic the hedgehog’s head on the pilot or something. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

it's setting an impossible standard for MS to achieve and it's setting yourself up for disappointment...

Ain't that the truth...

9 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:
hours ago, MaDDogz said:

I hope MS realise they’re not dealing with Call of Duty type people.

we are serious people that use serious hardware. Costing serious money.

So, on the next update there needs to be some meat on the bone.

Seriously...

I feel bad for the developers who have been putting years into this secret project, only to be met with irrationally impatient fans who want everything Now Now and Now.

People are acting as if they are entitled to a personal timetable of information delivery.

Its been 2 months.

Edited by HurricaneKid93
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

This is a local sim, for local people. 

This is a local sim, for LOCO people. :wacko:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

• AUGUST 22nd – Development Roadmap Release (General Release)

Means that the official Release Date of the game too?