Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

MSFS Marketplace Confirmed (Kind of)

I posted this in another thread, but thought it warranted a thread on its own as I think it's an important piece of news (and talking point) that others might miss.

I decided to do some digging and this job posting pretty much confirms a central, curated "marketplace" for MSFS. (We can only assume for DLC / add-ons / call them what you will).

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/672404/Marketplace-Producer?jobsource=indeed&utm_source=indeed&utm_medium=indeed&utm_campaign=indeed-feed

"Marketplace Producer, Microsoft Flight Simulator"

"we are looking for an experienced Marketplace Producer to partner with our Executive Producer in the Marketplace/Store presence for the next version of Microsoft Flight Simulator."

"In this role you will be directly responsible for tracking the quality and timely execution of deliverables from our external partners"

"including setting up proper workflow and communication processes for managing the inventory/pricing/strategies/presence of our internal/external Marketplace store."

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Nice find! 

It was pretty obvious that it was going to be a kind of "marketplace" but this confirms it,

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by chass32

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Let’s wait until it is actually confirmed by MS and they find a suitable commercial model for 3rd parties like PMDG and others to contribute without MS taking the biggest share. But I agree, nice find though somehow expected 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

My only hope is that the marketplace would be optional and developers would be allowed to sell their product from their own website.

Edited by cepact
  • Upvote 2

It's not surprising that they will have some form of marketplace incorporated into MFS.  The fear we need quenched is how FAIR that marketplace will be to both 3rd party devs and to customers.

This would be no different than what Microsoft started in Flight. We could purchase different areas and aircraft through the Xbox site.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I would hope that any products purchased on the MSFS Marketplace:

1) Meet minimum standards of performance and integration with the base and extended platform (platform with Marketplace add-ons). This should mean that Marketplace add-on does not adversely affect performance or conflict with other Marketplace 3rd party products.

2) Are extremely simple to install with hopefully only one click in most cases

3) Any updates are done behind the scenes and do not require any user intervention to apply

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

6 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

This would be no different than what Microsoft started in Flight. We could purchase different areas and aircraft through the Xbox site.

Wasn't Flight DLC MS only though? There was no SDK. 

MS all but confirmed that 3rd parties can develop for MSFS so it will be different in that regard.

Edited by nickhod
  • Like 1

Just now, Superdelphinus said:

Does anyone know what level of scrutiny the apps in whatever store it is on windows 10 go through?

Pretty low. Malware checks etc. Nothing like Apple or Oculus.

Come on Nick. I said very clearly that that is what Microsoft STARTED in Flight.  It didn't last long enough to flesh out with a distributable SDK or to expand the marketplace.

Please quit trying to make more out of something than is stated.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 minute ago, 188AHC said:

Come on Nick. I said very clearly that that is what Microsoft STARTED in Flight.  It didn't last long enough to flesh out with a distributable SDK or to expand the marketplace.

Please quit trying to make more out of something than is stated.

Rick, we're just debating I'm not trying to score points. I'd say exactly the same if I was chatting about this with a mate in a pub. (Yes, I'm blunt in real life too 😉).

The MSFS marketplace will be starting out with 3rd party content, which is a welcome difference to how they started with Flight. That's my point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This advert could be for anything and any product.

I will wait until MS talk to 3rd party developers directly with an official statement.

I don't see the point on trying to guess these things, MS will have the last word and will communicate when they considers it is adequate as their plans can change a lot during the next 12 months..

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1