Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

August 29th, 2019 [Update]

August 29th, 2019 – Development Update

1_09DR.png

Wandering into the grass of irrelevancy attempting to flush out the rodents of inaccuracy in order to bring you the “real news”.  

As we bring August to a close, the team wanted to provide a few quick updates and some new content.

Development Roadmap – General release of the DR is here! We’ve added a few updates for September to improve clarity.
Web Post Timing – For those of you ”across the pond” and in time zones not “PST” – we are working to deliver our updates earlier in the day. So look for earlier post times starting in September.  
Build Program Update – Tech Alpha sign-up starts September 12th!
Feature Discovery Series – The Feature Discovery Series (preview in September, launch in October) is our deep dive into the areas of the simulation, driven by a number of threads we’ve seen across the forums we follow closely. We are on track to provide a preview at the end of September and the kickoff of the series in early October.
Media Update – We posted (2) Screenshots and (3) clips from early 2019 builds. Head into the Insider Area to check out the goods!

Next update coming September 12th!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Source: https://www.flightsimulator.com/

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

August 29th, 2019 – Insider Update
POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

On September 12th we will be starting recruitment for Tech Alpha. Users will be able to access the signup link from the Insider Area, fill out a brief survey regarding machine spec, and be entered into the recruitment pool. We expect to close the recruitment period sometime near the end of September.

New content updates today from some of our early 2019 builds. Team will continue to post throughout the development timeline and we expect to mix in current build content in our next update!

Insider Screenshots

GrandCaravanDesert.jpg

Wing-Tip-View.jpg

Videos

https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/March Early Shorline.mp4?_=1

https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/Feb Build Non Active Dash.mp4?_=2

https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/January Early Aspen.mp4?_=3

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Thanks for posting this. I just came in to check and saw where it was up. Getting closer to Alpha.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

There are three new videos in the Insider section too.  The one flying from the cockpit in the rain is interesting, looks like gauges aren't working yet?  The rain effects are awesome.  The scenery looks spectacular, I mean wow.

Edited by Mengy
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

August 29th, 2019 – Development Update

Wandering into the grass of irrelevancy attempting to flush out the rodents of inaccuracy in order to bring you the “real news”.  

[...]
Web Post Timing – For those of you ”across the pond” and in time zones not “PST” – we are working to deliver our updates earlier in the day. So look for earlier post times starting in September.

(My emphasis)

Goes to show just how much the FS development team at Microsoft are listening... Thanks!

One new thing I noticed in the wing-tip view pic is the reflection of the instrument panel text reversed on the canopy glass just above and to the right of the window opening - I'm guessing there are no baked textures here, very cool!

Wing-Tip-View.jpg

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

11 minutes ago, Mengy said:

There are three new videos too in the Insider section.  The one flying from the cockpit in the rain is interesting, looks like gauges aren't working yet?  The rain effects are awesome.  The scenery looks spectacular, I mean wow.

Considering that those are early builds...

New content updates today from some of our early 2019 builds. Team will continue to post throughout the development timeline and we expect to mix in current build content in our next update!

Maybe next update we will get some info about current builds. So I'm not worried about gauges, yet.

Also, does that video uses VR? that camera shake looks like VR one...

Edited by aleex

6 minutes ago, Mengy said:

The one flying from the cockpit in the rain is interesting

With way the sight picture was tracking and the jerkiness...maybe captured in VR?

• Upvote 1

Chris

...and they will try to accommodate the time of future Development updates for those of us west of the international date line....very impressed with your forum involvement Microsoft Flight Simulator Team.

Congrats on involving us simmers as much as is possible.

Edited by YMMB
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aleex said:

Considering that those are early builds...

Maybe next week we will get some info about current builds

Two weeks like the movie Money Pit 🙂

Edited by Learjet777

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Wow! you can feel the G's in that nasty cool acrobatic clip!! just awesome!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Learjet777 said:

Two weeks like the movie Money Pit 🙂

My bad 😞

Those videos made my jaw drop

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

9 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

With way the sight picture was tracking and the jerkiness...maybe captured in VR?

Possibly VR, though I think it's just showing a better internal camera feature.  Maybe instead of a static fixed cockpit camera we will actually be getting head movements and be able to "feel" turbulence and such via camera shake.

The White and Yellow line on the windshield on the rain video, I think the white is just the plane flying through a fog or cloud layer (in a bubble canopy), and I believe the yellow is sun glare?

Edited by Mengy

Somebody asked for close ground view there you have it! So cool to know that they listen to everything...awesome awesome awesome!

• Like 2