Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

September 12th, 2019 Update - Alpha sign-up

46 minutes ago, cepact said:

I just can't believe that everyone will respect the NDA's, they gonna pick people randomly so it can be anybody. I'm pretty sure there will be leaks as soon as the alpha releases

They have a watertight security system for alpha/beta testers. If anyone leaks screenshots/videos/information, then a signal is transmitted to that person's PC, and the power supply detonates with the force of a small nuclear weapon. It seems to keep everyone in check, as I have not heard of any reports of unexplained nuclear explosions in residential areas.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, Learjet777 said:

Shhhhhh... everyone in these forums is under NDA now. We can no longer talk about the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 🙂 That's one way to kill forums 🙂

It's a joke everyone! Although whoever does get picked in these forums, will not be able to say they got picked or anything about the MSFS Alpha build,  under NDA 🙂

From now on, all we can type is:

... (three dots if you can't see them) 

Seriously can we discuss the questions asked on the form(s)? Is that allowed?

I tried to go back and look at what they put, but was unable to. They probably should put that language in a more accessible location. I suspect the email they send out will have the actual NDA in it. I do not believe it applies to the stuff they put on the site, unless it is in an area that only people with access to the program can go.

From what I remembered. All they said was that if we get access to the pre-release game, we must make sure nobody else has the opportunity to experience what we do. They were explicit on several common forms of it being done.

17 minutes ago, Torg Smith said:

I tried to go back and look at what they put, but was unable to. They probably should put that language in a more accessible location. I suspect the email they send out will have the actual NDA in it. I do not believe it applies to the stuff they put on the site, unless it is in an area that only people with access to the program can go.

From what I remembered. All they said was that if we get access to the pre-release game, we must make sure nobody else has the opportunity to experience what we do. They were explicit on several common forms of it being done.

The NDA was about the Alpha Build. If you have the build, you can't even talk about it (the build itself). Seems fair.

You could still discuss other stuff, I guess, just don't share real details about the actual Alpha build (issues, features etc).

• Upvote 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

41 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

You could still discuss other stuff, I guess, just don't share real details about the actual Alpha build (issues, features etc).

Yeah, we'll see how far they get with that in simmy world.

It looks great so far but I can't help but think they are hiding stuff and there will eventually be disappointment.

Like we have to pay fees to fly in other countries. Or adding custom airports is going to really add up. And everything will be micro transactions from flight sim store (inside the sim).

6 hours ago, Noooch said:

But is it just me or the runway in the first clip doesn't fit with the landscape? It looks too straight, the runway painting too bright, something doesn't feel right (I am not bringing the slope thing again on the table as MS already answered it)

But for me it looks odd...

It kinda looks like that on google maps as well. Not the paint but the way it looks straight. I suspect that might be because the runway is sloping upward away from our view.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

40 minutes ago, Krakin said:

It kinda looks like that on google maps as well. Not the paint but the way it looks straight. I suspect that might be because the runway is sloping upward away from our view.

I just spent a bunch of time comparing google maps, bing maps, and the video and I agree the straightness seems to have to do with the slope, but there is still something off about how it stands out. It almost looks like the shadow and atmospherics aren't affecting it as much as they should which would be really weird.

• Like 3

Why am I not able to see the videos? The window opens up, but the screen is blank?? I could play the videos from the last update just fine :huh:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, Ops Normal said:

Did lots of spins for my instructors rating, and that video brings back memories.😃. still patiently waiting for videos of my second wife (helicopters!!!)

It's worrying that they haven't shown a helicopter yet. I know the standard response will be "It's just an Alpha!" but they look pretty far along with the other aircraft models. Why no helicopter? 

Maybe rotary wing will be included at some point before release, and it's just not ready to show yet. I hope they're not planning to repeat what DTG did with FSW, and not include them at all in the first release. That would cause a split in the flight sim user base, with some of us needing to hang on to other sims for our rotary wing kicks.

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

8 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

It's worrying that they haven't shown a helicopter yet. I know the standard response will be "It's just an Alpha!" but they look pretty far along with the other aircraft models. Why no helicopter?

The absence of a lot of things have been worrying until they have shown/confimed them. If we have to trust what they said about building from FSX, helicopters are a safe bet.

1 hour ago, dvinpayne said:

I just spent a bunch of time comparing google maps, bing maps, and the video and I agree the straightness seems to have to do with the slope, but there is still something off about how it stands out. It almost looks like the shadow and atmospherics aren't affecting it as much as they should which would be really weird.

I think its down to lighting and not something I'd be bothered with personally.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

11 hours ago, SolRayz said:

OMG these videos are insane. No stutters, proper aerodynamics, and visual insanity! Please let this be good. 

Actually.. you can clearly see a stutter in the the approach test video of the DA, nobody else noticed it? I downloaded the video to be 100% sure... and there are stutters there..

S.

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

Actually.. you can clearly see a stutter in the the approach test video of the DA, nobody else noticed it? I downloaded the video to be 100% sure... and there are stutters there..

S.

Nope. Where/when did you notice stutter? 

14 minutes ago, simbol said:

S.

I don't see any stutter. Smooth as silk on my PC (Both from web and downloaded)

Can You point out where and video time?

Edited by RamonB

2 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Nope. Where/when did you notice stutter? 

Mark 0.3 to 0.4.. when the landing gear is being deployed.. pay attention..

S.