Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

September 12th, 2019 Update - Alpha sign-up

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

I am amazed by this clips, thank you MS!

But is it just me or the runway in the first clip doesn't fit with the landscape? It looks too straight, the runway painting too bright, something doesn't feel right (I am not bringing the slope thing again on the table as MS already answered it)

But for me it looks odd...

Same opinion here… But again, it's not even on alpha stage. And i would be ok with not all the Runways being perfect

14 minutes ago, Roadmaster69 said:

Same opinion here… But again, it's not even on alpha stage. And i would be ok with not all the Runways being perfect

I would NOT be ok with all the runways being perfect 🙂

50 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

just wondering if new sim will have influence on P3D development ?, will they finally speed up with many improvements that are still on the list 'to be done' ?

If MSFS turns out well, they might license that one instead of ESP I guess.

But we'll see P3D v5 before that in any case.

Edited by dilore

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

The three big noteworthy items for me are:

1. No popping of 'autogen' or texture unloading and reloading during the spin video, done in the vicinity of an airport.

2. A seemingly more complex modelling of flight dynamics as part of the core sim.
(No longer a need for 3PDs to model outside of the sim?)

3. No popping of the terrain. The tessellation and mesh resolution seems high in both the 1st and 3rd videos - we can see gullies down the mountainsides in both videos.

We've seen some speed over the landscape with the departing A320 over Strasbourg video. Would be good to see a few more airliner speed ones.

The runway in video 1 looks like a concrete one. They stand out more than asphalt ones.
As for too straight...

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

18 minutes ago, F737NG said:

. A seemingly more complex modelling of flight dynamics as part of the core sim.
(No longer a need for 3PDs to model outside of the sim?)

Yup, that's a biggie, seemingly

9 hours ago, Krakin said:

Looks like I'm gonna get a divorce...

I second this.

5 hours ago, dongdongliushui said:

Two things are for sure: 1. trees are of photogrammetry models, which look bad below 1000 feet.  2. Default terrain mesh resolution is rather low. See the “smooth” mountains in the third video.

I would assume that the "smoothness" of the mountain in the far is how they accomplish a huge visibility range and good performance. Any decent graphics engine will sharply reduce the number of polygons for "objects" in the distance to get a smooth, stutter-free experience... so I would not jump to the conclusion you've made from the video.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree entirely, but that is exactly the "problem":

Weather is amazing, scenery is perfect, lighting is spectacular, physics seem to be accurate, cockpits are stunning, so why don't make the runways fit perfectly in the landscape?

After all the features I mentioned before, this is the easiest thing to do. But I may be wrong...

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Removed hidden quoted post
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bonchie said:

Just signed up. Hopefully being a commercial pilot will play in my favor, but I have a feeling they are more worried about hardware combinations.

As far as I could understand, everyone who signs up will be part of it. Which I think is a very smart move, particularly if we have to pay for it as if it would be the full blown "game".

Maybe we don't get called directly in the first wave, but we will eventually, and it will be SWEET!!

I think it will go by your system DXdiag file and your system net speed test results, and agreeing to the TAC`s.   

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I'm sorry but the clouds are just mind blowing, I would buy this for the clouds alone!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

Those videos are pretty sweet.   The clouds and lighting with the shadows.... wow.   

The Cessna spin video, really demonstrates they are taking things seriously with the flight models.  Thats the best spin simulation I have seen from any complete with the head motion

Thanks for those extra vids and longer than 3-10sec this time!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I just can't believe that everyone will respect the NDA's, they gonna pick people randomly so it can be anybody. I'm pretty sure there will be leaks as soon as the alpha releases

Edited by cepact
  • Like 1

I couldn't get these videos to play, so thanks for posting links to them.  They work better, and at full screen.

• Like 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

29 minutes ago, cepact said:

I just can't believe that everyone will respect the NDA's, they gonna pick people randomly so it can be anybody. I'm pretty sure there will be leaks as soon as the alpha releases

Leaking screenshots and videos would be a little hard, as they use watermasks on the screen to identify the tester (at least they did in all the alphas I have tried before). But, maybe someone will leak the details about it.

• Like 1