Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

September 12th, 2019 Update - Alpha sign-up

I hope the flight sim works better than the insider program does.  I have tried several time to find the alpha team signup link with absolutely not luck.  Each time I go to the web site and log in to the insider program it wants me to setup an xbox account.  I don't use xbox, I use a PC.  So, what is the magic path to the alpha team signup?

Danny

Danny

Looks like I'm gonna get a divorce...

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Anyone have any guesses as to when they will let people know about who's in?

We'll probably know next week (September 19th), because the dev roadmap says "Build Program - Tech Alpha Timeline".

Edit: Not the alpha testers getting notified next week, I meant that we'll find out when testers will be notified next week.

Edited by wesleychang42

I don't want to complain. I'm in love with this sim right now (clouds, lights, terrain...).

But I miss to see some airport photos. Close airport photos. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ronh99 said:

Ok have to fire that instructor.  Spin recovery point is getting a little low. Not suppose to see the people's backyards.  Video made me feel just like I really do during spin recovery practice. 

We hates spins! In my precious airplane.

I think they were also showing how the scenery looks when going from higher to lower altitudes

• Upvote 2

Note that despite how cranked up the graphics are in the spin out vid, the sim seems to run smooth as eggs.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DannyR said:

I hope the flight sim works better than the insider program does.  I have tried several time to find the alpha team signup link with absolutely not luck.  Each time I go to the web site and log in to the insider program it wants me to setup an xbox account.  I don't use xbox, I use a PC.  So, what is the magic path to the alpha team signup?

Danny

You have to log into insider first with a Microsoft account. I use my old Game for Windows (xxx.xxx@msn.com) account which is now part of the Xbox platform covering all things games related. Once logged in you can click on INSIDER HOME to see all the updates including the sign up for the tech alpha.

• Upvote 1

I have used my microsoft account log in several times and never get access to INSIDER HOME.

Danny

Danny

I need to report an issue with the Tech Alpha signup. They didn't have anywhere for me to upload photos of my Flight Sim MVP plaques. Must be a bug.

• Like 3

Just now, NotASenator said:

I need to report an issue with the Tech Alpha signup. They didn't have anywhere for me to upload photos of my Flight Sim MVP plaques. Must be a bug.

It was in the check box for other hardware.

• Like 1

I just love the clouds....the last long video ....the horizon looks spot on between layers of clouds...like a photo!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |