Sign in to follow this  
FizziPop

Microsoft Flight Simulator Preview - 30th September

17 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

They were probably asking which third-party developers would be interested to have their products on the marketplace. As long as Microsoft's share is reasonable, I hope they will embrace it. It will give add-ons more visibility, and it will probably mean that featured add-ons will have to be of a certain quality standard, so we could easily weed out add-ons that mess with the simulator or create incompatibilities.

They were saying that developers will be able to sell their products in the store, or any other outlet, their own or any market store they wish.

I take it that freeware developers will have the same choice, marketing their freeware in the marketplace &/or on sites like Avsim, etc.

Freechoice!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

18 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

They were saying that developers will be able to sell their products in the store, or any other outlet, their own or any market store they wish.

I take it that freeware developers will have the same choice, marketing their freeware in the marketplace &/or on sites like Avsim, etc.

Freechoice!

Which in my mind is a double-edged sword. It will allow maximizing revenue to renowned developers with established shopping systems like A******* or O***, but on the other hand might lead to the questionable chaos of installation routines, shop and installation passwords, upgrade incompatibilities and all that we *love* from P3D. A unique (or perhaps couple of) Steam-like shopping and installation systems with quality check would provide advantages, too.

I am not at all against free installability of any kind of addons, but as I said, it's a double-edged sword.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

It has been a recurring issue since the first announcement of the new sim.  Confort  vs liberty of choice. One-shop-stop means that the shop owner decides what it distributes with his own criteria and I don't like the idea at all.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Have any Previews shown winter real-time weather with heavy snow in summer textures and terrain?

Im really interested in how this is going to look and be realistic at the same time?

Chris Camp

48 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Have any Previews shown winter real-time weather with heavy snow in summer textures and terrain?

Im really interested in how this is going to look and be realistic at the same time?

To get back on topic I am curious as well.   Though I would be bummed without seasons I'd still purchase the software without.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

56 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

If I am not mistaken, I heard that the initial release version might not have seasons.

But as I mentioned in a previous post, with such an advanced world engine, seasons could be simulated dynamically. This means, not by swapping textures as ESP/FSX did, but by dynamically tuning the color range of the textures and vegetation to create the seasons hues...

Snow for instance, could be dynamically simulated with a dynamic and variated accumulation based on location and temperature.

In fact, an add-on called XEnviro, V1.1, I use for X-Plane 11, adds snow dynamically on any ground texture... So I presume this advanced MSFS 2020 engine is certainly able to do it.

So again with such an engine, swapping textures for seasons might be obsolete.

However I will be curious to see what could be done for the Photogrammetry trees. They might be able to dynamically tune the color ranges for seasons simulation but when it comes to winter, having trees without their leaves might require another strategy.

Unless they will replace the photogrammetry trees with procedural ones by the time the V1 is completed.

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

Just now, Claviateur said:

However I will be curious to see what could be done for the Photogrammetry trees. They might be able to dynamically tune the color ranges for seasons simulation but when it comes to winter, having trees without their leaves might require another strategy.

Unless they will replace the photogrammetry trees with procedural ones by the time the V1 is completed.

I read somewhere that only conifers would be seen from altitude. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

If I am not mistaken, I heard that the initial release version might not have seasons.

But as I mentioned in a previous post, with such an advanced world engine, seasons could be simulated dynamically. This means, not by swapping textures as ESP/FSX did, but by dynamically tuning the color range of the textures and vegetation to create the seasons hues...

Snow for instance, could be dynamically simulated with a dynamic and variated accumulation based on location and temperature.

In fact, an add-on called XEnviro, V1.1, I use for X-Plane 11, adds snow dynamically on any ground texture... So I presume this advanced MSFS 2020 engine is certainly able to do it.

So again with such an engine, swapping textures for seasons might be obsolete.

Shaders can add masks over everything, any objects. That will be a non-issue.

• Like 3

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Just now, ca_metal said:

Shaders can add masks over everything, any objects. That will be a non-issue.

Technically maybe. Making seasonal shaders for everything  should be time consuming  though (time is money). Just thinking of trees (I dream of a sim with really realistic trees) it would be a big job, it seems to me.

Dominique

1 hour ago, domkle said:

Technically maybe. Making seasonal shaders for everything  should be time consuming  though (time is money). Just thinking of trees (I dream of a sim with really realistic trees) it would be a big job, it seems to me.

Not sure about Seasonal Shaders as the solution but as for trees, Dovetails introduced if I am not mistaken the 3D trees from the Speedtree tech?

Perhaps outside the Photogrammetry areas, the procedural autogen will feature such type of trees.

But as far as I could see in the preview videos, Photogrammetry areas feature the trees from the Photogrammetry rendering and not procedural trees as in an autogen covered area.

Thus Photogrammetry could pause a challenge for Winter trees.

But for the dynamic hues of the ground textures to simulate seasons (photogrammetry or simple aerial / orthophotos) it souldn`t be an issue with this engine in my opinion...

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

6 hours ago, FlyerNYC said:

The only "new" thing we see in this video is how the user interface looks. Don't think the devs would have any issues with that.

The interface looks pretty slick too, I like it.

2 hours ago, domkle said:

It would be an easier task than changing each individual texture 4-5 times. Shaders are an automatic way of doing it and they have the A.I. to make the task even faster. And more, we don't know which tools their engine already incorporated. It can be easier than you think. If you pay attention to the sceneries, the grass and trees colors follow the colors on the photoimagery. The A.I. already has some knowledge on how to place things according to the colors.

1 hour ago, Claviateur said:

Not sure about Seasonal Shaders as the solution but as for trees, Dovetails introduced if I am not mistaken the 3D trees from the Speedtree tech?

Perhaps outside the Photogrammetry areas, the procedural autogen will feature such type of trees.

But as far as I could see in the preview videos, Photogrammetry areas feature the trees from the Photogrammetry rendering and not procedural trees as in an autogen covered area.

Thus Photogrammetry could pause a challenge for Winter trees.

But for the dynamic hues of the ground textures to simulate seasons (photogrammetry or simple aerial / orthophotos) it souldn`t be an issue with this engine in my opinion...

Speedtrees are implemented on P3D by Lockheed Martin. 

About the MSFS2020, If you pay attention to the pictures, the trees are volumetric outside the Photogrammetry areas. They are already using their own tech for that. And wouldn't be so worried about feasibility. They already said it's doable, they just have to decide when (again, they have to set their priorities).

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

This totally is a turning point in the future of flight simulation and even games in general. Maybe this is going to be the first step in coming up with a whole new virtual world.

Anyways, I have some thoughts I wanted to share with u guys. Let me know if u agree or not.

in the trailer videos there is this airbus pushing back. U can see ground crews as well as service cars around. So something like GEX could be a default thing in this new sim.

Also by “talking to the developers” i guess what they mean is that they are using/buying products like PMDG’s and modifying them into this new sim, so a complete cockpit like a 737 would be in stock. This makes so much sense to me as they don’t wanna waste time and reinvent the wheel. This can be the case for other companies as well.

Edited by raspian300

The man in charge said that they would leave the high end aircraft to the third party`s as they do it better, that could be why you have only seen GA at the moment, Video 3 FSElite .

Yes in the video they said we provide the platform (world) for third party`s fill.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, raspian300 said:

Also by “talking to the developers” i guess what they mean is that they are using/buying products like PMDG’s and modifying them into this new sim, so a complete cockpit like a 737 would be in stock. This makes so much sense to me as they don’t wanna waste time and reinvent the wheel. This can be the case for other companies as well.

I expect what is going on here is that Microsoft are going to give out the SDK in late October for developers to start working on aircraft for the new sim or to port existing ones over, but 3rd party devs are most certainly not selling their source of income.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD