Sign in to follow this  
FizziPop

Microsoft Flight Simulator Preview - 30th September

6 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

So, if your were told that you could not do certain things, & you did it counter to what you were told, & you were not caught doing those things, does not make it OK

At no point were I told that I could not do certain things. I am not under any sort of NDA right now.

1 minute ago, Flamingpie said:

So clearly it was allowed to capture video from the testing area. Those shots CLEARLY weren't made with a hidden cam. But I will leave it at this. 😉 

The video in question had plenty of cameras from different points of view, and with the person clearly talking to the cameras. They might have been breaching the NDA, but it was definitely not some secret operation designed to leak more information. It's a foreign video too, so the language barrier could have been a factor.

9 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

The video in question had plenty of cameras from different points of view, and with the person clearly talking to the cameras.

Here he is, talking into the camera and another camera clearly on his left side (which also has part of his computer screen in view). The two guys behind him from MS/Asobo even look into the cam. No problems here, so it seems. Case closed. Now I will REALLY leave it at this LOL

Schermafbeelding-2019-10-03-om-11-51-09.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

Hopefully everything is said about this topic, from one side or the other. 

On a totally different topic: how exciting is this final FSElite interview!? That they’re having daily talks with scenery and airplane developers, Live ATC people and the statement about the guys “developing a plane for FSX/P3D for eight years” and then stating that “I want that plane in FS2020!!”... Really amazing stuff!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, maggussje said:

Hopefully everything is said about this topic, from one side or the other. 

On a totally different topic: how exciting is this final FSElite interview!? That they’re having daily talks with scenery and airplane developers, Live ATC people and the statement about the guys “developing a plane for FSX/P3D for eight years” and then stating that “I want that plane in FS2020!!”... Really amazing stuff!

All encouraging.  Sounding good

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flamingpie said:

Here he is, talking into the camera and another camera clearly on his left side (which also has part of his computer screen in view). The two guys behind him from MS/Asobo even look into the cam. No problems here, so it seems. Case closed. Now I will REALLY leave it at this LOL

Not sure if they are from Asobo as everyone is wearing very similar shirts, but yes this is the video and the filming is done in plain view and not in secret. If it was such a big issue I'm sure Microsoft would have dealt with that already (the video has been up for at least one day). What I don't understand is the need to ban AVSIM users who repost these. Once something is public, it's public, and if such a leak was breaking news, it would have spread all over the Internet already.

The only "new" thing we see in this video is how the user interface looks. Don't think the devs would have any issues with that.

• Like 1

Am I mistaken, I'm sure I heard, in the Avsim interview, that there will be worldwide real-time AI? 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

4 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Am I mistaken, I'm sure I heard, in the Avsim interview, that there will be worldwide real-time AI? 

They haven't implemented it yet. However, the data for real world traffic is there.

49 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

So, if your were told that you could not do certain things, & you did it counter to what you were told, & you were not caught doing those things, does not make it OK

ergo, if you were told, before entering a store, not to steal, but you did anyway, & walked out the shop, & showed you friends what you took, does not make it OK.

If you clutch those pearls any harder fella they're going to turn into coal.

No one, incl MS, cares. Relax. 

Edited by 3d102
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So on the menu there is a "Marketplace" section, on the interview they said they asked third parties if they would be interested in marketplace. Weird that they asked about something which seems they already decided to implement, they want to make it look like it wasn't on the plans and third parties wanted it. Anyway no big deal if it's optional.

2 minutes ago, cepact said:

seems they already decided to implement, they want to make it look like it wasn't on the plans and third parties wanted it.

No. They explicitly said that the Marketplace is optional and only serves as kickstart for new developers. 

Yes, we have been told that there will be a marketplace, probably Xbox Store, and that 3rd party developers have the option to market their products there, or/and in other outlets.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

They were probably asking which third-party developers would be interested to have their products on the marketplace. As long as Microsoft's share is reasonable, I hope they will embrace it. It will give add-ons more visibility, and it will probably mean that featured add-ons will have to be of a certain quality standard, so we could easily weed out add-ons that mess with the simulator or create incompatibilities.

Just now, Wobbie said:

Yes, we have been told that there will be a marketplace, probably Xbox Store, and that 3rd party developers have the option to market their products there, or/and in other outlets.

others outlets or, as I understood from I don't remember where, their own outlet ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

28 minutes ago, FlyerNYC said:

The only "new" thing we see in this video is how the user interface looks. Don't think the devs would have any issues with that.

Listen we all now someone is going to post pictures why bragging rights it happens I just hope the mods keep an eagle eye out  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg