Sign in to follow this  
FizziPop

Microsoft Flight Simulator Preview - 30th September

Remember, it's a pre-alpha, and probably will change within the next year. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

19 hours ago, rtodepart said:

i figure now there has to be more than 300K 

At Microsoft’s 2013 Worldwide Partner Conference, CEO Steve Ballmer gave us a very interesting tidbit about the scale of Microsoft’s server operations. “We have something over a million servers in our datacenter infrastructure.”

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/161772-microsoft-now-has-one-million-servers-less-than-google-but-more-than-amazon-says-ballmer

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Why would LM bother trying to recreate what Microsoft is doing, in partnership with amazon? Surely they would just seek to licence the underlying technology again like with ESP. 

1 minute ago, Superdelphinus said:

Why would LM bother trying to recreate what Microsoft is doing, in partnership with amazon? Surely they would just seek to licence the underlying technology again like with ESP. 

That would be like Cloud Imperium Games developers of Star Citizen going back to Crytek and asking for a free update... 💣😄

• Like 1

" Microsoft is incorporating a legacy mode that it expects will provide near-complete backward compatibility, so those of us who have huge libraries of old favorites won’t be starting entirely from scratch. "

In other words, we won't see wings on the money that came out of our wallets for the last several years. It will not have all flown away!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I'm somewhat disappointed in this. I was hoping for an entirely new sim. We'll have to wait and see, however. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Can we buy chests of hour gold that will ratchet up to the next level and unlock planes faster? Or do we have to slowly accumulate our hours to do that?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Working through the previews on Youtube this evening. Between them, Froogle, X-check, and Flightchops (brilliant move on MS's part to invite him) have amassed hundreds of thousands of views on each of the previews they've posted. Pretty impressive. My favorite part of all these is Microsoft's Robert Jerauld saying they are building something that will be around for at least a decade. 

8 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Can you expand on that because I never heard the word "tiling" used nor "LOD" ... but I could have missed it or not understood.

They discuss the engine at ~7:26 and tiles specifically at ~11:20.

Also here at ~4:25 and ~5:51:

Edited by viz

Bernard

54 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

I'm somewhat disappointed in this. I was hoping for an entirely new sim. We'll have to wait and see, however. 

Don't be... the default flight dynamics are completely new and aparently do a better way better job when compared to the look up tables/blade theory.

Which they said about the old flight dynamics is that they also included them for comparisons purposes. To use it you would have to turn it on (X-plane has something like that new and old flight model).

Hi, a question please, with Download speed of 10.4 Mbps and Upload speed of 2.0 Mbps that would be ok for live streaming for the New FS2020?
Thank you

Geo

The New Generation of Fs2020 its Reality, it’s coming 2020, something witch we never experienced before.  End of blurries , end of low FPS, END of popping ups and black textures. End of tweaking cfgs. It’s a real world, pure reality,

For all those who likes it or not.

Geo

6 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I share the feelings. Its not a completely new sim built from scratch. In the recent video of FSElite's developer interview on Aerodynamics, the CEO made it very clear that their flight model is built on existing legacy code of fsx. I just hope same is not the case with their rendering engine.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Did you not hear the developer tell us that, as the FSX code was still good, they cherry picked certain aspects of it, NOT everything! 

I'm also sure that you must have noticed & heard the explanation of how different the new render engine is, how many contact points are used per aircraft (1000 per surface vs 1) and the explanation on how scenery will be rendered, vs FSX? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...