Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

MS FS Developer Interview - Episode 2: Aerodynamics & Cockpit

Recommended Posts

Aerodynamics & Cockpit

Edited by RamonB
Title did not fit.

Ramón.
Time, is the one thing no one can buy.
ovbe94a9nab0bbc6g.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing Callum you did not delve deep into the physics such as ground handling, braking, will the aircraft skid if the runway is wet or icy?

Weak interview.

Blessings

Duncan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Duncan Odgers said:

Disappointing Callum you did not delve deep into the physics such as ground handling, braking, will the aircraft skid if the runway is wet or icy?

Weak interview.

Blessings

Duncan

They are going so far as to simulate 1000 points of force on the airplane + full icing on default aircraft. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they won't just forget about ground friction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also did not ask about avionics and IFR flight..

Is there still room for realistic Garmin GPS units, like Reality XPs? :unsure:


Bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wish they'd have built the flight model up from scratch rather than taking FSX as base and building upon that. Also you missed quite a few important questions. But eitherway thanks for doing this for us. 


Baber

 

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baber20 said:

I just wish they'd have built the flight model up from scratch rather than taking FSX as base and building upon that.

Where have you got that info from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Where have you got that info from?

Did you watch the video posted above ? At 2:22 he asks them and they explain how they were able to keep the legacy flight model aswell as build upon that.

Edited by Baber20

Baber

 

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poorly managed interview. Disappointing. There is nothing new here. It needed to be a far more technical interview 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

I just wish they'd have built the flight model up from scratch rather than taking FSX as base and building upon that. Also you missed quite a few important questions. But eitherway thanks for doing this for us. 

The new flight dynamics system has nothing to do with the legacy model. They are separate. The flight physics system is a completely new system. The legacy is kept as a stand-alone module for backward compatibility as I understand it from other bit over the past two dsys

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish these interviews were made by someone like Rob A, Berth P. to name a few then we would have been very exited now with all the information that would have been extracted during the interview. We don't need bloggers or media partners for these interviews, we need people with a LOT of experience with flight sims.. :wink:

S.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, simbol said:

I wish these interviews were made by someone like Rob A, Berth P. to name a few then we would have been very exited now with all the information that would have been extracted during the interview. We don't need bloggers or media partners for these interviews, we need people with a LOT of experience with flight sims.. :wink:

S.

The vloggers should have enough experience to ask the right questions. That’s why they got into flightsim vlogging 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ErichB said:

The new flight dynamics system has nothing to do with the legacy model. They are separate. The flight physics system is a completely new system. The legacy is kept as a stand-alone module for backward compatibility as I understand it from other bit over the past two dsys

At exactly 3:10 Sebastian Wloch confirms what I posted earlier. So I am sorry but your info is absolutely wrong.


Baber

 

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

At exactly 3:10 Sebastian Wloch confirms what I posted earlier. So I am sorry but your info is absolutely wrong.

What I heard is that they started with their own rendering engine, then got introduced to FSX and decided that a lot of architecture/code could be reused rather than reinvented, but the flight model got rewritten from scratch.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    45%
    $11,465.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...