Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Very Impressed w/ Flightbeam KDEN

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

I have all of their airports except KIAD and KPDX (too near to other developers' KDCA and KSEA for me).
I highly recommend all of their work.

NZAA and LFBO are on my wishlist.

Try NZWN available now.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

The only problem with flightbeam is that once you have one, you’ll want to buy them all 😁

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Don't forget FlyTampa.

KLAS is excellent.

Is vegas about the same from a performance/resource standpoint as their boston offering?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

18 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Finally got around to purchasing this add-on airport and I’ve got to say the recreation and detail of the airport is very impressive.

Most of all, for its size and amount of AI I have parked there, my FPS is better than any of my other major AP add-ons I’m currently running...!

If all of Flightbeams AP’s are this nice and FPS friendly I’ve got to take a look at a lot more of their products!

Flight Beams arpt=true pleasure. 

54 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Is vegas about the same from a performance/resource standpoint as their boston offering?

I recall seeing posts about Vegas being a bit tough on FPS but I can't see it being at the level of Boston.  Boston is right in the city so you get hammered there and while Vegas isn't nearly as dense as Boston so you get a bit of a break there.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

I like FlyTampa also but the airports I want are over 5 years old patched I would sooner pay for a P3Dv4.xx SDK then full price for something so old and then for the upgrade so I will wait for them.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, newtie said:

Don't forget FlyTampa.

KLAS is excellent.

FlyTampa is very very good, but to be honest I’ve found them both less consistent and not as groundbreaking as Flightbeam. Both Toronto and Boston perform pretty horribly on my system, for example. Montreal, on the other hand, is a work of art — and Hong Kong was also groundbreaking on its (long ago) first release.

So in my book absolutely FlyTampa are second best, but Flightbeam really is in a class of their own.

James

• Like 1

Boston  sucks, muderes my fps and i have all of their other stuff 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

KLAS runs fine on my system but my sliders are mid/left. Don't have Boston.

4770K @ 4.4, HT on,1080ti, 3x Samsung 500 SSds

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

Flightbeam really is in a class of their own.

Amen!

Yep, KDEN is definitely a good one.  Hope it’ll be updated someday with the new terminal expansions and changes.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Flightbeam is my goto airport scenery - just got EDDN - small but works really well with ORBX Germany South - lots of realistic support vehicles and buildings, looks amazing with GSX (also have KPDX and KMSP) - nice admin tool, easy updates and config settings (Getting 20 + fps on a Dell gaming laptop with Aerosoft A319, 320 and more with PMDG 737 NGX) - highly recommended (note - EDDN has one heavy ramp location with no jetway on it) - for small and med fine

Edited by julian46
add more, fix sp

All the airports by FB are excellent!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I wonder if they are working on any other american airports?  (new ones I mean)

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

A little more attention to the details of the parking spots and layouts would be nice. I cant park a 747 cargo on more than 1 spot on the cargo ramp at KDEN. A lot of other little problems in all their scenery and full missing ramps at KPDX.