Sign in to follow this  
AUjeffk

Have Alpha testers been notified yet?

2 hours ago, simtom said:

And what is wrong with Reddit?

reddit is where you go to mend a broken heart

2 minutes ago, NotASenator said:

I notice in the email from the Reddit link, there's no mention/reminder of NDA in the email. I thought they'd put something in if they really didn't want people announcing that they got in.

I don't really understand why they would be bothered with people saying that they were in the program.  I can understand them not wanting images or glitches posted or even people talking about the builds and of course i will fully respect that.

• Like 2

Ian R Tyldesley

Just now, WotanUK said:

I don't really understand why they would be bothered with people saying that they were in the program.  I can understand them not wanting images or glitches posted or even people talking about the builds and of course i will fully respect that.

Oh, I agree with you, but people seemed concerned in this and previous threads that it was going to be a harshly punished violation to even say you got in.

10 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

Mine just arrived, i actually think it might be more around the Internet connection.  I have Virgin 500mb unlimited, currently one of the fastest connections in the UK with no limit.  I think MS might be wanting to test the streaming tech.  I also think it's way more than 100 people.

What are your PC specs if I may ask?

Just now, NotASenator said:

Oh, I agree with you, but people seemed concerned in this and previous threads that it was going to be a harshly punished violation to even say you got in.

Nothing on the email suggested that you couldn't tell people you were in.  Besides i imagine that most of us simmers are very excited to start down the road.  If i get punished, so be it, i'll still be super excited when it is eventually released and will still be happy to buy it!

• Like 1

Ian R Tyldesley

1000mb symmetric fiber connection here.

I think my invite got lost in the mail.  I'm going to go wait at the mailbox.

Edited by TechguyMaxC

1 minute ago, KillerKlient said:

What are your PC specs if I may ask?

Nothing really special:

i7 7700k, 32mb, 1080, 1x 250gb NvMe 1x 1Tb NVME drive (Sim drive) 2x 1Tb SSD 1x HDD 6Tb

Ian R Tyldesley

Couldn’t it be that they selected people based off their answers on the survey? I was honest but I think that some people might have been less honest (like how many hours you play simulation games etc). That’s just what I think.

Wouldn’t make sense to invite someone who only plays such games every few months.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

My acceptance just arrived - a little before 1 p.m. EDT US.  So it's possible they're still rolling them out.

No NDA included in the invitation, nor any mention of one.  I'm assuming that they'll impose one as soon as downloads start, so I'll plan to comply with whatever the terms are as soon as I sign onto them.

5 minutes ago, NotASenator said:

I assume they are just picking the best-looking people, which is why I'm sure I'll get in.

How so ??

I  and I do mean   "I ";  have not been called yet !!!!

As I am expecting a personalized voice call they may be holding back fior the finale of invitations

1 minute ago, Alan_A said:

My acceptance just arrived - a little before 1 p.m. EDT US.  So it's possible they're still rolling them out.

No NDA included in the invitation, nor any mention of one.  I'm assuming that they'll impose one as soon as downloads start, so I'll plan to comply with whatever the terms are as soon as I sign onto them.

Specs?

2 minutes ago, simtom said:

Couldn’t it be that they selected people based off their answers on the survey?

If I had to guess - and that's all I'm doing - I'd say it's probably a combination of system specs and experience/qualifications.  What we don't know is whether they want a particular profile at this point, or a mix of them.  Probably depends on what they're testing and I'd expect there to be a mix of very broad and very narrow groups over time as they look at different aspects of the sim.

Time will, of course, tell.