Sign in to follow this  
AUjeffk

Have Alpha testers been notified yet?

Just now, KillerKlient said:

Specs?

High middle. Trending high.  I7-7700K @ 5.0 with hyperthreading off, 64Gb of decently fast DDR4 3600 RAM, 1080Ti.

At the time I ran dxdiag for the application, my download speed was 250 Mps.  Since then, thanks to a router failure and a free Xfinity upgrade, it's been bumped up to 600 Mps.  I'll have to let them know about the change - it might be a disqualifier.  But so far there doesn't seem to be a way to amend the specs.  It'll be interesting to see whether that becomes an issue or not.

So it seems quite clear for me what Microsoft's criteria is, based on everyone who has shared their specs.

They have a high end nVidia GPU.  That is 80 or 80 Ti, i.e. 980, 980 Ti, 1080, 1080 Ti, 2080, 2080 Ti.

Have not seen any GPU's lower than that or even AMD GPU's.  Don't think internet connection matters in this case.

2 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

High middle. Trending high.  I7-7700K @ 5.0 with hyperthreading off, 64Gb of decently fast DDR4 3600 RAM, 1080Ti.

At the time I ran dxdiag for the application, my download speed was 250 Mps.  Since then, thanks to a router failure and a free Xfinity upgrade, it's been bumped up to 600 Mps.  I'll have to let them know about the change - it might be a disqualifier.  But so far there doesn't seem to be a way to amend the specs.  It'll be interesting to see whether that becomes an issue or not.

That download speed won't disqualify you, it's way above average.

16 minutes ago, NotASenator said:

I assume they are just picking the best-looking people, which is why I'm sure I'll get in.

Test parameters were limited to public servants, 😉

• Like 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

1 minute ago, KillerKlient said:

So it seems quite clear for me what Microsoft's criteria is, based on everyone who has shared their specs.

They have a high end nVidia GPU.  That is 80 or 80 Ti, i.e. 980, 980 Ti, 1080, 1080 Ti, 2080, 2080 Ti.

Have not seen any GPU's lower than that or even AMD GPU's.  Don't think internet connection matters in this case.

I just received an acceptance email and my GPU is a GTX970. Maybe that's the new bottom of the barrel... 😬

WRT connection speed, I signed up with 10 mbs unlimited, since bumped to 250 mbps unlimited but haven't figured out how to update the profile. So speed may not matter, but unlimited vs. capped may be a factor.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

11 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

How so ??

I  and I do mean   "I ";  have not been called yet !!!!

As I am expecting a personalized voice call they may be holding back fior the finale of invitations

I think it's clear that the hand-written, satin-lined invites for us elites will be delivered to our manors by the swiftest of thoroughbreds by the day's end.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paraffin said:

I just received an acceptance email and my GPU is a GTX970. Maybe that's the new bottom of the barrel... 😬

WRT connection speed, I signed up with 10 mbs unlimited, since bumped to 250 mbps unlimited but haven't figured out how to update the profile. So speed may not matter, but unlimited vs. capped may be a factor.

Intriguing, but still nVidia.  Guess we know which graphics drivers are gonna work best lol.

Tech Alpha Acceptance is here 🙂

9900k,32gb,1080Ti

100Mb/s unlimited  connection

Edited by vodka69

Nice, seems like a huge wave just went out and it appears there's no real singular marker for selection. Specs and speeds are a bit all over the place. Though it seems it's all Nvidia / Intel?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I have an older i7-4770K (OC to 4.3) and a 1070, so no idea what their selection criteria are. I was honest with the survey though and said that I only played simulation games once or twice a month.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

They sure waited until the last minute on a lot them, didn't they? If nothing else, at least the devs know how to ratchet up the excitement.

26 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

Nothing on the email suggested that you couldn't tell people you were in.  Besides i imagine that most of us simmers are very excited to start down the road.  If i get punished, so be it, i'll still be super excited when it is eventually released and will still be happy to buy it!

Like I said in an earlier post, "Can you imagine the amount of response that individual would get for being DUMB enough to let it be known!" :laugh: