Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

imaginesim next project guess thread

As we know, they have pulled the plug on LAX.  This thread isn't meant to turn into a discussion about why this is good/bad, or why we may or may not switch to MSFS 2020.  However, they said in the thread they are turning their attention to a new airport meeting the following criteria:

Their Words:

-Huge, and we really mean huge US Airport

-Mega-gub with worldwide appeal

The purpose of this thread is to guess what this could possibly be.  My only guess right now would be MCO.  Not sure it would be considered a mega hub, but it is a large US airport with a worldwide appeal.  However strictly looking at their description above I wonder if JFK could be the airport?  Though the next question I would have regarding that.  If LAX is covered so well by the new MSFS, wouldn't JFK also?  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

DFW.

Edited by gsand
  • Like 1

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

I didn't think of that one since decently served by FSDreamteam

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 minutes ago, DaveS said:

My guess is DFW, MCO, or EWR..but as already said wouldn't all US mega hubs be already covered in the new sim? Perhaps the MSFS ones won't be as detailed as we think they might be?

Right, I had exactly the same thought. I don't see any logical sense in abandoning KLAX and start working on another US megahub, when one can reasonably assume that any US megahub will be portrayed in MSFS2020 to the teased level of KLAX. Instead, why not focus on megahubs in Asia? While they will probably have some nice details in MSFS2020, I doubt they will be to the level of US megahubs. I can't really wrap my head around Imaginesim's thinking here...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Agreed, I wish they'd consider Johannesburg instead since nobody seems capable, or willing to complete it.

• Like 3

Brian W

KPAE

5 hours ago, gsand said:

DFW.

Yeah, I think that's it. KDFW hasn't been done or updated in a very long time, so this one has my vote and it would be one that I'd happily purchase!

Something else... Cal and the team at Imaginesim have certainly upped their game and their recent at Atlanta was a terrific improvement, so I'm looking forward to their next effort.

• Like 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Just now, DaveCT2003 said:

Yeah, I think that's it. KDFW hasn't been done or updated in a very long time, so this one has my vote and it would be one that I'd happily purchase!

Something else... Cal and the team at Imaginesim have certainly upped their game and their recent at Atlanta was a terrific improvement, so I'm looking forward to their next effort.

Agree on both. ATL is really nice since the update. I know FSDT did DFW but I think it goes back to FS 9 originally and was updated for FSX and P3D IIRC.

Gerald

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Here's the list of US' top 24 airports by passenger volume (Wikipedia), Who has a version available for purchase, and who has announced a future product.  Please no flames on less known developers.  Their products are good for folks with less robust hardware.  At first glance, I would say Philadelphia, Detroit, or Miami, though I think SKJ will upgrade their KPHL to P3D right before Level-D delivers their B767 for P3D.  Could ImagineSim be talking about a cargo hub?  Any errors are mine.  Thoughts?  

Airport Dev   Future
Atlanta IS   FT
Chicago–O'Hare FSDT, DD    
Dallas/Fort Worth FSDT, BPS    
Charlotte FSDT, BPS, IS    
Los Angeles FSDT, BPS   IS (postponed)
Houston–Intercontinental FSDT, BPS    
Miami LVFR    
San Francisco FBS, BPS    
Newark DD, FAS    
Minneapolis FBS, BPS    
Detroit BPS   SKJ (Beta)
Denver FBS    
New York–JFK FSDT, DD    
Philadelphia     SKJ(?)
Phoenix FBS    
Boston FT, BPS    
Salt Lake City PS    
Orlando T2G, BPS    
Washington–Dulles FBS, BPS    
Seattle BPS, DD, T2G    
Washington–Reagan TS    
New York–LaGuardia DD    
Las Vegas FSDT, FT    
San Diego ORBX, LVFR    

BPS BluePrint Simulations
DD Drzewiecki Design
FAS Final Approach Simulations
FBS FlightBeam Studios
FSDT FS Dream Team
FT FlyTampa
IS Imagine Sim
LVFR LatinVFR
ORBX ORBX
PS PacSim
SKJ SunSkyJet
T2G Taxi2Gate
TS TropicalSim
Edited by SAX702
  • Like 1

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

22 minutes ago, SAX702 said:

though I think SKJ will upgrade their KPHL

SSJ KPHL already works just fine in P3Dv4.5.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I remember loving SSJ PHL in FS9.  Are their instructions how to install it successfully in P3DV4?

17 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I remember loving SSJ PHL in FS9.  Are their instructions how to install it successfully in P3DV4?

This might help you out:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/551055-kphl-and-kslc-for-p3dv4/?tab=comments#comment-3978719

Gerald

17 minutes ago, micstatic said:

The FSX version is different (significantly updated) than the FS9 version (I was on the team that did the KPHL for FSX).

Simply install to a dummy folder, and add it to P3Dv4+ using Lorby's P3DAO or just create the XML file manually.  There is a very small issue with the exclusion zone around the airport showing up (purple) when you look at the airport from a view external to the aircraft, but not when looking from within the aircraft.

Here are the entries(you'll have to change the path, of course):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>KPHL Scenery SunSkyJet v1.0a P3Dv4</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>SunSkyJet Philadelphia Intl Airport</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Autogen Texture</Category>
    <Path>C:\Users\Dave 4770K\Documents\KPHL SunSkyJet V1.0a P3Dv4\Texture</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Texture</Category>
    <Path>C:\Users\Dave 4770K\Documents\KPHL SunSkyJet V1.0a P3Dv4\KPHL_SunSkyJet\texture</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>C:\Users\Dave 4770K\Documents\KPHL SunSkyJet V1.0a P3Dv4\Effects</Path>
    <Layer>155</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>C:\Users\Dave 4770K\Documents\KPHL SunSkyJet V1.0a P3Dv4\KPHL_SunSkyJet</Path>
    <Name>KPHL SunSkyJet v1.0a P3Dv4</Name>
    <Layer>145</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Dave Hodges

3 minutes ago, gsand said:

LOL, yeah, I forgot that I'd posted that!  Many thanks!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges