Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

PMDG dropped first shot of their new NG3

1 minute ago, Kilo60 said:

That leads me to believe that PMDG is already working with the MSFS2020 Dev team...!!!

Dear God, are you blind? Or you want to be blind?

They can't be working with MS because there is not SDK! Yet, so NOBODY can be working on the new simulator, let me repeat NOBODY.

This is the 5th time I said it for the love of God.

S.

• Like 2

Just now, simbol said:

Dear God, are you blind? Or you want to be blind?

They can't be working with MS because there is not SDK! Yet, so NOBODY can be working on the new simulator, let me repeat NOBODY.

This is the 5th time I said it for the love of God.

S.

Do you work for PMDG...?

• Like 2

Chris Camp

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

No I am already under NDA with MS and have access to lot of stuff. You?

S.

Then how would you know with 100% positivity the PMDG isn’t already working with them regardless of the status of the SDK...?

PMDG could be helping them develop the SDK for all we know!

• Like 2

Chris Camp

6 hours ago, simbol said:

This is a misunderstanding / misconception most users have.

Addons will take a long time to get to the new simulator from Microsoft. They are just about to reach Alpha, nobody has seen any SDK (so no idea if something can be ported over or not, or how) and creating study level airplanes can takes years anyway without including these factors.

Normal addons also take long time, specially when you find bugs with the SDK that requires addressing by the platform developers or create clever way around to bypass the issue.

The reality is, even if some addons can be ported, you might not see them in the new simulator until 2022-2023 and that is assuming everything goes well.

If you want something now, don't hold up.. You have plenty of time to enjoy it for your current simulator.

My 2 cents

Simbol 

You love spreading false information, don't you? At least state it as speculation. Did you really just pull 2023 out of thin air? lol.

Sante Sottile

Just now, Kilo60 said:

Then how would you know with 100% positivity the PMDG isn’t already working with them regardless of the status of the SDK...?

PMDG could be helping them develop the SDK for all we know!

FFS I give up going to London to jump from the shard.

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I wonder what the no1 Flightsim Dev Gods over at Captain Sim are working on for 2020🙄🤔lol

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

S.

LOL! Don't do it dude! We need the runway tool, wth?

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 minute ago, simbol said:

S.

S. guys are just messing with you, all here with their right mind believe what you are saying. Other ones are those who can't face the real situation. We are all excited about upcoming stuff, but c'mon fellas take it easy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

52 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Empathetic sigh...

18 months from now, we'll be here reading all the complaints from the early-adopters who bought SimZilla on day #1 after suffering over a year of self-administered quasi-religious fasting, lamenting why there aren't more add-ons available yet.

I’ll be among the first to buy it ...

And fly it from within my cockpit ....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

15 minutes ago, simbol said:

No I am already under NDA with MS and have access to lot of stuff. You?

S.

You would be breaching the NDA by simply stating that fact. No idea what your intentions are, but please do not spread speculation as "facts".

Sante Sottile

3 minutes ago, Tino said:

You would be breaching the NDA by simply stating that fact. No idea what your intentions are, but please do not spread speculation as "facts".

Saying I am under NDAs breaks nothing and stop telling me I am spreading speculations while I am not.

If you have a problem with what I said take it to the forums moderators.

Regards 

S.

5 hours ago, honanhal said:

I'm much more likely to just enjoy what aircraft are there in MSFS until more arrive.

I bet London-to-a-Brick that within a week of the release of the new sim the 3rd party forums will be flooded with simmer demands as to where their favourite add-ons are.

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 1

David Porrett

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

I must be tired or getting old (...'er than I thought)

Where in that post (I have read it a couple of times now) does it say/hint/indicate, that PMDG is working with MS about this new Flight Simulator?!

I am sorry, but to draw such conclusions from that post, is speculation, IMO... 

Oh well - we see what we wanna see, I guess...

The passage in question... which I'll be the first to admit is a thin thread... is this one (emphases mine):

Generally speaking, there are three things that keep us quiet, to include having nothing to say, having lots to say but not having the authority to say it and having something to say but feeling that it is important to wait until the right moment to say it for strategic and/or marketing reasons.

Since the spring, we have been subject to two of those three and I can assure you that our silence is NOT driven by the fact that we have nothing to say.

So, they're silent because the timing isn't right and because they don't have the authority.

Having the authority could mean lots of things - maybe there's an aircraft manufacturer that hadn't signed off on their ability to announce a new P3D aircraft.  But it's interesting.

For what it's worth - very possibly nothing - Aerosoft has been even more forward in talking about the new sim. About the A330, for example:

Nope... the animation we need requires changes in the game engine and Lockheed seems unwilling to make those at this moment (not surprisingly). So while it works now 'reasonably' there are some bits that won't stay fully connected while they move.  Rumour has that the new MS sim allows all these animations without a problem and that will make a lot more possible.

And, not long ago, I posted some speculation about the new Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3, suggesting that its feature set was remarkably rich in ways that might not make sense unless a developer was anticipating sales years down the road, which gets less likely as a major new sim comes onstream.

Neither my AH post nor the Aerosoft one, which dates from mid-September, caused anything like the shorts-knotting that seems to be happening in this thread.  But I guess shorts-knotting accelerates rapidly when PMDG is the subject.  Hmmm... that could be an interesting topic for scientific research.

I'm going to say again - everything I've posted here and above is speculative, and isn't based on even the slightest bit of real evidence.  I figured it might be fun to speculate.  But definitions of fun, like mileage, are highly variable.  So I'll opt out of this thread and just settle in with some fresh popcorn instead.  Enjoy!

15 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I bet London-to-a-Brick that within a week of the release of the new sim the 3rd party forums will be flooded with simmer demands as to where their favourite add-ons are.

Now THAT's a certainty!